Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 446191 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #4825 on: January 23, 2021, 08:46:14 AM »
A little Sat morning tinfoil hattery  [tinfoil]

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. questions if there’s a link between Hank Aaron’s death and the COVID-19 vaccine
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/22/robert-f-kennedy-jr-questions-if-theres-a-link-between-hank-aarons-death-and-the-covid-19-vaccine/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4826 on: January 23, 2021, 12:14:08 PM »
Biden says "There's nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic." That statement is cool with the MSM. I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case if a certain other person said it four days ago.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-nothing-we-can-do-to-change-coronavirus-pandemic-trajectory-in-coming-months

ETA: I just now saw on the teevee, that one of the biggest motivators for people voting for Biden was that he would immediately take care of the China virus.

:facepalm:  We have truly become a nation of the   STUPID :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4827 on: January 23, 2021, 12:17:22 PM »
^^^I still ponder this, and will be interested to see the political science opinions in years to come, but I think that but for the virus, Trump would have been re-elected.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4828 on: January 23, 2021, 01:52:34 PM »
^^^I still ponder this, and will be interested to see the political science opinions in years to come, but I think that but for the virus, Trump would have been re-elected.

The Dems would also not have had the easy fraud avenue of mass mail in ballots
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4829 on: January 23, 2021, 02:05:00 PM »

I think that's absolutely the case. The economy was going gangbusters under Trump. The Democrats needed the shutdowns to wreck the economy so they could derail the Trump train. And the bastards were willing to wreck the economy of the entire country, and put millions of people out of work, so they could get Trump out of office.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4830 on: January 23, 2021, 03:24:25 PM »
I think that's absolutely the case. The economy was going gangbusters under Trump. The Democrats needed the shutdowns to wreck the economy so they could derail the Trump train. And the bastards were willing to wreck the economy of the entire country, and put millions of people out of work, so they could get Trump out of office.

Well, the blue states that said dining=death are opening back up for business now that Biden is in charge.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/01/23/so-much-sciencing-illinois-governors-green-light-for-restaurants-and-bars-marks-another-timing-miracle/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4831 on: January 23, 2021, 05:59:54 PM »
Then add in the upset dems that were told over and over they would get $2000 checks as soon as they won the senate runoffs.

Now they are going on like "$1400 at some point? That's not what we were promised."
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4832 on: January 24, 2021, 04:04:49 PM »
Then add in the upset dems that were told over and over they would get $2000 checks as soon as they won the senate runoffs.

Now they are going on like "$1400 at some point? That's not what we were promised."

Since when have most politicians (but especially dems) kept their promises??  ??? ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4833 on: January 24, 2021, 04:07:30 PM »
Since when have most politicians (but especially dems) kept their promises??  ??? ;/

Hitler: Give me five years and you will not recognize Germany
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4834 on: January 24, 2021, 04:21:10 PM »
Hitler: Give me five years and you will not recognize Germany.

And have you noticed how the Germans have been increasing their "military readiness" for the last 10 years?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4835 on: January 24, 2021, 07:30:21 PM »
And have you noticed how the Germans have been increasing their "military readiness" for the last 10 years?

In the right context,  that's awesome.

Under Merkel?  No good will come of it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4836 on: January 25, 2021, 01:19:14 AM »

Didn't Poland buy the last of the German Leopard 2A6's five years ago?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4837 on: January 25, 2021, 02:21:38 AM »
A little Sat morning tinfoil hattery  [tinfoil]

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. questions if there’s a link between Hank Aaron’s death and the COVID-19 vaccine
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/22/robert-f-kennedy-jr-questions-if-theres-a-link-between-hank-aarons-death-and-the-covid-19-vaccine/

Of course there's a link. Both involved Hank Aaron.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4838 on: January 25, 2021, 08:10:37 AM »
Add California to the blue states where the virus is suddenly after 20JAN not so serious anymore. Hooray science!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/newsom-expected-to-lift-californias-stay-at-home-order-reports
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4839 on: January 25, 2021, 09:25:25 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/24/health/fauci-trump-covid.html

Dr. Fauci describes working with the Trump Administration.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #4840 on: January 25, 2021, 10:37:53 AM »
Add California to the blue states where the virus is suddenly after 20JAN not so serious anymore. Hooray science!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/newsom-expected-to-lift-californias-stay-at-home-order-reports

Let no BS science go to waste.  :old:  :facepalm:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4841 on: January 25, 2021, 08:14:24 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4842 on: January 25, 2021, 10:38:54 PM »
See the difference two days can make? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4843 on: January 26, 2021, 09:59:52 PM »
See the difference two days can make? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? [tinfoil]

Huzzah we're saved!
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4844 on: January 26, 2021, 11:52:30 PM »
For months, I've been checking this county's plague stats at the county's official website: https://stlcorona.com/resources/covid-19-statistics/

I recently noticed how similar the green, death graph numbers look for April-May, compared to Nov.-December. I decided to add up all those daily numbers, and compare the two. It turns out the second wave of deaths was about 16% worse than the first (608 vs 524). While I haven't run the numbers, the rate of positive results (per total number of tests) peaked in April, and shot up again to similar figures in November.

One graph that shows a big difference is the one showing the number of new cases each day, which is much higher for that second period. But of course, that's known new cases per day. Testing was minimal in that first wave, compared to the second. (Click on the tab for "Results by Date.")

The likely explanation, it seems to me, is that none (or very few) of the measures being taken are making much of a difference. Significantly, at least for me, most stores here weren't enforcing a mask policy until about the first of July. They mostly had one, but they didn't accost you as you came in the door, like many of them do now. Our numbers went up slightly, just before that date. They've gone up much, much, further since. For what that's worth.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4845 on: January 27, 2021, 12:15:17 AM »
Oh oh - The NYT went on another dangerous expedition outside of NYC.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/01/22/ny-times-writer-shaken-by-what-he-saw-during-1600-mile-drive-through-middle-america/

Millions of Americans have decided they would prefer more Covid — for their communities and potentially for their families and themselves — to more masks.

Thank God. Thought I was all alone out here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4846 on: January 27, 2021, 08:41:12 AM »
The big local liberal rag here, up until 20JAN, was throwing out "more cases than ever!!!!!" headlines. They started being less ZOMG on 21JAN already, and this morning, just a week later, they are reporting that January numbers are only 30% of those in December. That's some interesting math there. I guess some people ended up having reverse cases to cancel out the "we're all going to die" numbers for the first 20 days of the month.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4847 on: January 27, 2021, 09:05:15 AM »
I don't have kids in school, so don't have a big dog in this fight, but I guess since I still pay taxes for schools, I have a little dog in this fight. This article got me to thinking. Schools in many places have been closed a really long time now, and it seems it should become a tax issue at some point. If we're just doing remote learning, why are we all paying taxes for upkeep for physical infrastructure, heating and cooling empty classrooms, admin people not needed in a virtual learning environment, etc.

I wonder if there is a legal option to sue regarding the taxes? If nothing else, threat of funds being cut might motivate some school districts.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/27/open-the-freaking-schools-this-dad-has-had-enough-blasts-school-board-members-over-remote-learning/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4849 on: January 27, 2021, 10:10:59 AM »
Plenty of folks in the USA are ready and willing to bend end over and take whatever the "experts" recommend.

How dare you question us sticking it in your bum! Why do you hate science!

The woke will return for weekly and then daily penetrations to prove their love of humanity.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.