Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440007 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2020, 08:34:46 PM »
That's millions of dollars affected.

2019: 800 scholarships of over $12M; more than $27M of .gov money.

https://www.axs.com/5-things-you-didn-t-know-about-houston-livestock-show-and-rodeo-135991

Ouch.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #601 on: March 11, 2020, 09:08:15 PM »
Trump is on TV right now.  Said something about shutting off Europe.  Anyone catch that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7KCyRxOoJw
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #602 on: March 11, 2020, 09:13:15 PM »
Yep.

"We will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days. The new rules will go into efect Friday at midnight."

"These restrictions will not apply to the United Kingdom."

Holy *expletive deleted*it.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #603 on: March 11, 2020, 09:20:09 PM »
Trump is throwing a ton of money at the problem and economy.

- Got insurance companies to wave co-pays for Covid-19 treatments
- SBA to loan up to $50 billion
- Defer IRS tax payments for certain people/businesses
- Asking for immediate payroll tax relief

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavirus-us-travel-restrictions-countries

brimic

• friends
« Reply #604 on: March 11, 2020, 09:39:33 PM »
Yeah saw the speech. My jaw dropped when he talked about Europe.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #605 on: March 11, 2020, 09:40:01 PM »
Yep.

"We will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days. The new rules will go into efect Friday at midnight."

"These restrictions will not apply to the United Kingdom."

Holy *expletive deleted*it.

I'm trying to remember, how long were airliners grounded after 9-11? I keep thinking one week.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #606 on: March 11, 2020, 09:41:05 PM »
I wonder if there is more to the Europe thing, as in Trump giving the EU the finger. At any rate, I approve,

Barack Obama

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #607 on: March 11, 2020, 09:47:11 PM »
Over 12000 infected in Italy and 800 dead. Also, first confirmed death in Sweden now. Also, all public gatherings of more than 500 people are now prohibited here in Sweden.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #608 on: March 11, 2020, 09:51:28 PM »
I'm in middle Ohio.  There are four confirmed cases in the state.  Governor has banned events with more than 150 people present. Sporting events with reduced or eliminated spectators.  Lots of local events being cancelled.  A run on grocery stores for essentials... WalMart near me was out of TP, peanut butter and bread per friends.  Irony is that Target I stopped by had all of that in good supply, so I picked up some of each for that friend... got 100 rounds of .357 in trade, so all is good.  (He didn't need the items, but his elderly mother did.  He's well stocked, which is how he could give me ammo without blinking.).

This is getting real, either the panic of the illness will get people killed
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #609 on: March 11, 2020, 09:55:00 PM »
They're currently in Australia

Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson say they've tested positive with coronavirus
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tom-hanks-rita-wilson-coronavirus
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #610 on: March 11, 2020, 09:56:20 PM »
Denmark just closed all schools for two weeks. Also, all public sector employees with non-critical jobs are sent home starting Friday. They also reported 252 new confirmed cases in a single day.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #611 on: March 11, 2020, 10:05:36 PM »
Trump is on TV right now.  

Didn't hear much about testing.  =(
It's difficult to calibrate a proper response without proper testing.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #612 on: March 11, 2020, 10:15:43 PM »
Didn't hear much about testing.  =(
It's difficult to calibrate a proper response without proper testing.

It's now pandemic,  who cares.

I'm assuming it's going around,  and if I get pneumonia to the point I can't breath,  it's probably Kung Flu.  At which point everyone else will have it and testing won't matter.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #614 on: March 11, 2020, 11:03:11 PM »

NBA suspends season until further notice after player tests positive for coronavirus
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-suspends-season-until-further-notice-over-coronavirus
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #615 on: March 11, 2020, 11:04:57 PM »
I went by the local HEB grocery to pick up some fresh apples and oranges.  The toilet paper was gone.  Hand sanitizer was gone also.  Bar soap they had plenty.  Most everything else was in good supply also.  I might have to check in a few days and see if they get more.  

Thankfully, I have plenty.  I was just checking.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #616 on: March 11, 2020, 11:40:34 PM »
Over 12000 infected in Italy and 800 dead. Also, first confirmed death in Sweden now. Also, all public gatherings of more than 500 people are now prohibited here in Sweden.

Both (as of last check) of Oklahoma's confirmed cases had traveled from Italy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #617 on: March 12, 2020, 12:11:18 AM »
Many of those infected here came from Italy as well. And our government even chartered a plane to bring home a bunch of people from Italy...and then just let everyone leave once the plane touched down, because this country is *expletive deleted*ing inept.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #618 on: March 12, 2020, 12:18:36 AM »

Spoke too soon, we got 3 now with the NBA Utah Jazz player testing positive.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zahc

• friend
« Reply #619 on: March 12, 2020, 01:15:41 AM »
Great; I've got about 8 people here from France at the moment for 2 weeks. One got turned away at JFK and sent back, but we didn't know why at the time. Now, we need to decide whether to send them back in 2 weeks, or park them here because we don't know when or who will be able to come later. They aren't going to like it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #620 on: March 12, 2020, 01:39:35 AM »
I have to take a certain number of hours of in-service training every three-year cycle to keep up my license as a building inspector. My cycle comes up in June of this year. I don't have the hours I need yet. The state has plenty of classes scheduled between now and June, so I wasn't worried ... until today.

Today the state sent out an e-mail blast that classes are cancelled for two weeks, starting on Monday. After that, they'll evaluate and possibly cancel another two weeks. At the rate this thing is spreading, my guess is that there won't be any more classes this cycle. I hit a class tonight, which gives me another 3 hours. I guess I'll have to make up the rest with on-line seminars and quizzes. (Which I hate.)

A friend of mine works in the IT department of the biggest hospital in the area. He just told me that they are now telling ALL support personnel who aren't directly, physically involved in running the hospital to stay home and telecommute. He said that means his IT department is looking at signing up (and supporting) 7,000 additional users. The good news for him is that the IT office is remote from the hospital campus ... but he has to go in, he can't effectively telecommute for his job.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 10:42:21 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #621 on: March 12, 2020, 01:44:27 AM »
Ohio has its first community spread case of COVID-19.  

Quote from: From below link
The state says the male patient from Stark County in northeastern Ohio is in his 50s and is currently hospitalized. The patient has not traveled recently and didn't have contact with anyone else with coronavirus.

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-confirms-first-coronavirus-cases-continues-testing-2020-mar
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #622 on: March 12, 2020, 05:44:08 AM »
NBA suspended all games.

I suspect the reason there isn't  more of a push for widespread testing is because they don't want to induce more panic and paralyze society.

There wasn't enough time to get enough tests to get in front of this. Locking down areas that get hot is probably where this heading.

We most likely have many times more infections than publicly admitted. It's a bad bug but probably not the apocalyptic end the doom and gloomers are convinced has been unleashed.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:00:25 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #623 on: March 12, 2020, 07:30:48 AM »
Large school district here in Northern Virginia has shut down through the end of next week.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #624 on: March 12, 2020, 07:47:58 AM »
3-4 new confirmed cases in different areas of WI last night.
We had a company town hall meeting on covid-19 yesterday. There were any specifics, but corporate-wide, there are going to be forms that have to be filled out and for approval of all site visits or outside contractors coming in. The Corporation also has contingency plans for when employees become sick. It came down to "if you are sick, get checked out and stay home, report to your manager and it will go up the chain to the top and you'll be taken care of"

Barack Obama