Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440186 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #775 on: March 13, 2020, 12:51:39 PM »
CNN has a breaking story that Trump doesn't want to catch the beer virus! Time to impeach the bastard! The nerve of him!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-jim-acosta-trump-coronavirus-report
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #777 on: March 13, 2020, 01:28:04 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOPvuGZO_Fs

We have achieved :facepalm:

??? What language was that head bobber speaking? It sure didn't sound like English. I couldn't understand a single word she said.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #778 on: March 13, 2020, 01:29:38 PM »
??? What language was that head bobber speaking? It sure didn't sound like English. I couldn't understand a single word she said.

Modern American school English. She got an A+
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #779 on: March 13, 2020, 01:33:19 PM »
Enter James Woods
First  :rofl:
Then cold water to the face

I love these ridiculous clowns who contend they can do better than President Trump. This booze-and-Botox besotted old bag can’t manage her dentures, much less a pandemic. Between her and Biden, they can barely manage to put a coherent sentence together. pic.twitter.com/Ze2mvKpoRp

— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) March 12, 2020

What is truly stunning is the fact that the Speaker of the House is third in line of presidential succession. If President Trump and Vice-President Pence were incapacitated, God forbid, Nancy Pelosi would be President of the United States. Something to remember this November btw. https://t.co/FNXVYeNsN1

— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) March 13, 2020
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/03/13/ridiculous-clowns-tfw-james-woods-wrecks-nancy-pelosi-over-the-coronavirus-with-her-own-mush-mouth-and-its-perfect/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #780 on: March 13, 2020, 01:39:06 PM »
Bag Lady is already a meme  :rofl:

- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #781 on: March 13, 2020, 01:52:26 PM »
I wonder how long until stuff like big screen OLED TVs will sell for a deep discount? While others are worrying about TP, I want to enhance my gaming experience in case I have to quarantine for an extended time...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #782 on: March 13, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
The last couple of nights I've had this weird recurring dream...

I'm on the road, alone, and I've not seen a single soul for days.

But I keep having this waking vision of an old African American woman who keeps inviting me to come see her at her place in Nebraska...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #783 on: March 13, 2020, 01:56:44 PM »

But I keep having this waking vision of an old African American woman who keeps inviting me to come see her at her place in Nebraska...

Dammit. I'm almost certain that's a reference to a movie I've seen, but I can't remember it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #785 on: March 13, 2020, 02:37:57 PM »
My son said last night there's a possibility he may be quarantined at work. He's a Tech 2 at a major power plant.

The upside:
1. They will have to pay him time and a half for 24 hours a day.
2. They have a fully stocked and equipped kitchen, showers and cots.

The downside:
He'll be away from family for the duration.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #786 on: March 13, 2020, 02:42:44 PM »
My son said last night there's a possibility he may be quarantined at work. He's a Tech 2 at a major power plant.

The upside:
1. They will have to pay him time and a half for 24 hours a day.
2. They have a fully stocked and equipped kitchen, showers and cots.

The downside:
He'll be away from family for the duration.

If his family can cope on their own, that sounds like a good deal if it doesn't go on too long.
"It's good, though..."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #787 on: March 13, 2020, 02:45:14 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfZVu0alU0I
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #788 on: March 13, 2020, 02:52:30 PM »
Absolutely 0 guidance at work.  Noting new except extra cleaning and some open doors to flush fresh air into the building.  Nobody is teleworking and non essential persons are still here.  :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #789 on: March 13, 2020, 03:00:48 PM »
I wonder how long until stuff like big screen OLED TVs will sell for a deep discount? While others are worrying about TP, I want to enhance my gaming experience in case I have to quarantine for an extended time...
With everyone stuck at home, they may end up buying more or bigger TV's.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #790 on: March 13, 2020, 03:01:38 PM »
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/franklin-armory-selling-toilet-paper-for-386-99-with-free-binary-trigger/

Franklin Armory Selling Toilet Paper for $386.99 (With a FREE Binary Trigger)

If you’re one of those who’s been caught short and you’re still on the hunt for bathroom tissue, don’t worry, Franklin Armory has you covered. They’re here to help in these difficult times and will be more than happy to send you an emergency supply of “survivalist/MRE grade toilet paper” for the low, low price of only $386.99.

Yes, that’s rather expensive, but the laws of supply and demand aren’t repealed during an emergency.

The good news: they’ll also throw in a free BFSIII AR-C1 binary trigger for your AR-15 rifle (regular price for the trigger only: $429.99).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #791 on: March 13, 2020, 03:10:05 PM »
Dammit. I'm almost certain that's a reference to a movie I've seen, but I can't remember it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e64sPHWnsY
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #792 on: March 13, 2020, 03:11:57 PM »
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/franklin-armory-selling-toilet-paper-for-386-99-with-free-binary-trigger/

Franklin Armory Selling Toilet Paper for $386.99 (With a FREE Binary Trigger)

Tempting. Could always sell the trigger  :lol:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #793 on: March 13, 2020, 03:15:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e64sPHWnsY

Of course. Thanks. I haven't seen that since it came out. Seems like a good time to rewatch it.  :lol:

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #794 on: March 13, 2020, 03:29:09 PM »
I guess my reference was too indirect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZzxZDtP5w
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #795 on: March 13, 2020, 03:44:13 PM »
Denmark has closed their borders against Sweden and Germany. They still allow SOME ferry traffic from Norway. Also, friend who is a tattooer told me that both Denmark and Norway just closed down all hair dressers, barbers, massage studios and tattoo shops for 2 weeks.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #796 on: March 13, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »
   The Mayor of Champaign, Illinois just signed a sweeping executive order giving her the ability to ban the sale of firearms and ammunition because of…Wuhan coronavirus? There are no cases of the virus in town or the surrounding areas. https://t.co/CLOHveHWxU

— Katie Pavlich (@KatiePavlich) March 13, 2020
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/03/13/mayor-of-champaign-illinois-issued-a-coronavirus-executive-order-involving-guns-and-more-hint-it-doesnt-get-anymore-unconstitutional-than-that/

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #797 on: March 13, 2020, 03:52:44 PM »
More details

Banning the Sale of Firearms and Ammunition Because of Wuhan Virus? An Illinois Mayor Just Signed an Executive Order to Do It
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/03/13/illinois-mayor-may-ban-firearms-ammunition-as-part-of-emergency-over-wuhan-virus-n2564916

Here is the list of other items from the declaration/executive order, which also includes the ability to ban the sale of "food, water, fuel, clothing, and/or other commodities, materials, goods, services and resources," in addition to alcohol and gasoline. Additionally, government agents or officials have the ability to seize private property and to cut off the city water supply. The mayor justifies everything "in the interest of public safety and wolf." Bolding is mine.

After the declaration of an emergency, the Mayor may in the interest of public safety and welfare make any or all of the following orders and provide the following direction:

(1) Issue such other orders as are imminently necessary for the protection of life and property.

(2) Order a general curfew applicable to such geographical areas of the City or to the City as a whole, as the Mayor deems advisable, and applicable during such hours of the day or night as the Mayor deems necessary in the interest of public safety and welfare.

(3) Order the closing of all retail liquor stores, including taverns and private clubs or portions thereof wherein the consumption of intoxicating liquor and beer is permitted;

(4) Order the discontinuance of the sale of alcoholic liquor by any wholesaler or retailer;

(5) Order the discontinuance of selling, distributing, or giving away gasoline or other liquid flammable or combustible products in any container other than a gasoline tank properly affixed to a motor vehicle;

(6) Order the discontinuance of selling, distributing, dispensing or giving away of explosives or explosive agents, firearms or ammunition of any character whatsoever;

(7) Order the control, restriction and regulation within the City by rationing, issuing quotas, fixing or freezing prices, allocating the use, sale or distribution of food, fuel, clothing and other commodities, materials, goods or services or the necessities of life;

(8) (a) Order City employees or agents, on behalf of the City, to take possession of any real or personal property of any person, or to acquire full title or such lesser interest as may be necessary to deal with a disaster or emergency, and to take possession of and for a limited time, occupy and use any real estate to accomplish alleviation of the disaster, or the effects thereof;

(b) In the event any real or personal property is utilized by the City, the City shall be liable to the owner thereof for the reasonable value of the use or for just compensation as the case may be.

(9) Order restrictions on ingress or egress to parts of the City to limit the occupancy of any premises;

(10) To make provision for the availability and use of temporary emergency housing;

(11) Temporarily suspend, limit, cancel, convene, reschedule, postpone, continue, or relocate all meetings of the City Council, and any City committee, commission, board, authority, or other City body as deemed appropriate by the Mayor.

(12) Require closing of business establishments.

(13) Prohibit the sale or distribution within the City of any products which could be employed in a manner which would constitute a danger to public safety.

(14) Temporarily close any and all streets, alleys, sidewalks, bike paths, public parks or public ways.

(15) Temporarily suspend or modify, for not more than sixty (60) days, any regulation or ordinance of the City, including, but not limited to, those regarding health, safety, and zoning. This period may be extended upon approval of the City Council.

(16) Suspend or limit the use of the water resources or other infrastructure.

(17) Control, restrict, allocate, or regulate the use, sale, production, or distribution of food, water, fuel, clothing, and/or other commodities, materials, goods, services and resources.

(18) Suspend or limit burning of any items or property with the City limits and up to two (2) miles outside the corporate limits.

(19) Direct and compel the evacuation of all or part of the population from any stricken or threatened areas within the City if the mayor deems this action is necessary for the preservation of life, property, or other disaster or emergency mitigation, response or recovery and to prescribe routes, modes of transportation and destination in connection with an evacuation.

(21) Approve application for local, state, or federal assistance.

(22) Establish and control routes of transportation, ingress or egress.

(23) Control ingress and egress from any designated disaster or emergency area or home, building or structures located therein.

(24) Approve the transfer the direction, personnel, or functions of City departments and agencies for the purpose of performing or facilitating emergency or disaster services.

(25) Accept services, gifts, grants, loans, equipment, supplies, and/or materials whether from private, nonprofit, or governmental sources.

(26) Require the continuation, termination, disconnection, or suspension of natural gas, electrical power, water, sewer, communication or other public utilities or infrastructure.

(27) Close or cancel the use of any municipally owned or operated building or other public facility.

(28) Declare, issue, enforce, modify and terminate orders for quarantine and isolation of persons or animals posing a threat to the public, not conflicting with the directions of the Health Officer of the community.

(29) Exercise such powers and functions in light of the exigencies of emergency or disaster including the waiving of compliance with any time consuming procedures and formalities, including notices, as may be prescribed by law.

(30) Issue any and all such other orders or undertake such other functions and activities as the Mayor reasonably believes is required to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons or property within the City or otherwise preserve the public peace or abate, clean up, or mitigate the effects of any emergency or disaster.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #798 on: March 13, 2020, 03:57:46 PM »
Too bad you guys don't work where I work. I have already learned two sure-fire cures for WuFlu, made from ingredients you already have in your kitchen, and you guys are just sitting there waiting to die. Dummies.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #799 on: March 13, 2020, 04:03:49 PM »
Too bad you guys don't work where I work. I have already learned two sure-fire cures for WuFlu, made from ingredients you already have in your kitchen, and you guys are just sitting there waiting to die. Dummies.

- Calvin and Hobbes