Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440169 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #800 on: March 13, 2020, 04:09:43 PM »
Couldn't tell you if this is true but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Not sure what different it would have made anyway.

Chinese government knew about coronavirus one month earlier than it claimed: report
https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-knew-about-coronavirus-earlier-patient-zero
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #801 on: March 13, 2020, 04:13:15 PM »
Too bad you guys don't work where I work. I have already learned two sure-fire cures for WuFlu, made from ingredients you already have in your kitchen, and you guys are just sitting there waiting to die. Dummies.

Fistful's one weird trick.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #802 on: March 13, 2020, 04:19:24 PM »
"experts"

Currently experts expect over 1 million deaths in the U.S. since the virus was not contained & we cannot even test for it.

This will be recorded as a major preventable public health disaster. I will try to relate what I learned from a long day of calls about what is happening.

— Andy Slavitt (@ASlavitt) March 13, 2020

And he keeps going from there

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/03/13/straight-up-bs-obamas-former-head-of-the-aca-called-out-for-doing-his-best-to-terrify-the-masses-in-coronavirus-thread/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #803 on: March 13, 2020, 04:23:00 PM »
Dammit. I'm almost certain that's a reference to a movie I've seen, but I can't remember it.

TV miniseries based on a book...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMp2pZK-Cw

And *expletive deleted*it! It looks like they're remaking it into a much larger, 10 part series due out later this year...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #804 on: March 13, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »
More details

Banning the Sale of Firearms and Ammunition Because of Wuhan Virus? An Illinois Mayor Just Signed an Executive Order to Do It
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/03/13/illinois-mayor-may-ban-firearms-ammunition-as-part-of-emergency-over-wuhan-virus-n2564916

Mayors can do Executive Orders? Or is it "Executive Orders"? That list sounds closer to what one might read in a fictional SHTF novel, except it would be martial law via a real Dystopian government, and not a dumbass city Mayor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #805 on: March 13, 2020, 04:47:52 PM »
TV miniseries based on a book...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMp2pZK-Cw

And *expletive deleted*it! It looks like they're remaking it into a much larger, 10 part series due out later this year...

Wow, some truly awful acting there
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #806 on: March 13, 2020, 05:07:16 PM »
Mayors can do Executive Orders? Or is it "Executive Orders"? That list sounds closer to what one might read in a fictional SHTF novel, except it would be martial law via a real Dystopian government, and not a dumbass city Mayor.

What ever they want to call it I fear we're going to see more of this. I would bet good money our mayor is having tingles down his leg just thinking about it.
Meanwhile cue the gun and ammo buying panic, already had seen articles suggesting one had somewhat started before this and now here comes the stampede.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #807 on: March 13, 2020, 05:23:36 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #808 on: March 13, 2020, 05:50:02 PM »
The last couple of nights I've had this weird recurring dream...

I'm on the road, alone, and I've not seen a single soul for days.

But I keep having this waking vision of an old African American woman who keeps inviting me to come see her at her place in Nebraska...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:21:05 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #811 on: March 13, 2020, 05:54:14 PM »
Now all schools in the state of Washington are closed until April 24.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #812 on: March 13, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »
Couldn't tell you if this is true but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Not sure what different it would have made anyway.

Chinese government knew about coronavirus one month earlier than it claimed: report
https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-knew-about-coronavirus-earlier-patient-zero

The autists on the chans figured out months ago that the first infection had to be around the beginning of November.. long before the chinese government came clean with that fact.

Despite reports of Wuhan City only have a few thousand deaths, they were very likely decimated and won't recover for years. This is because of 2 solid months of inaction.

Its likely the government knew about it, and decided for inaction because they either didn't want to believe what was happening or they were trying to sweep it under a rug until it finally blew up on them.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #813 on: March 13, 2020, 05:58:31 PM »
I got an email and phone call this afternoon from the school district.
All schools in the north shore area of Milwaukee and all of Ozaukee county schools will be closed for a month, with the posibility of extensions, starting monday.

This warms my heart. Ozaukee County Emergency government is absolutely top notch. 

Barack Obama

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #814 on: March 13, 2020, 06:20:07 PM »
And what are working parents to do with the kids? Send them to the grandparents house?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #815 on: March 13, 2020, 07:02:30 PM »
TP the new .22

My friend went for a grocery store run yesterday. He is known there from dealing with them before he retired. He had three employees come up to him and say make sure you get some TP.

I went to the little Walmart about 25 miles away to grab some whiskey. It shares the TP and paper towel isle. TP was gone as well as the wet wipes. I could have put the paper towels left in my backseat. They did have two half gallons of whiskey so I'm good.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #816 on: March 13, 2020, 07:12:39 PM »
Well, Idaho has it's first reported case. 50ish woman from the Boise area who caught it at a conference in NYC.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #817 on: March 13, 2020, 07:27:26 PM »
Well, Idaho has it's first reported case. 50ish woman from the Boise area who caught it at a conference in NYC.

That's too bad, you guys were in the March illness Final two only to get beat by West Virginia.

bob

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #818 on: March 13, 2020, 07:51:17 PM »
If his family can cope on their own, that sounds like a good deal if it doesn't go on too long.
No problem with that.  We live with his family (wife and three teenagers).  We have at least a half a beef, some elk, and salmon in the freezers, and the canning room is getting thin, but still pretty well stocked.

Makes me glad my parents lived through the depression. Not glad for them, but for what they taught me.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #819 on: March 13, 2020, 08:25:02 PM »
    (Cool (a) Order City employees or agents, on behalf of the City, to take possession of any real or personal property of any person, or to acquire full title or such lesser interest as may be necessary to deal with a disaster or emergency, and to take possession of and for a limited time, occupy and use any real estate to accomplish alleviation of the disaster, or the effects thereof;

Wow.  Somebody finally figured out a way to violate the 3rd Amendment!
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #820 on: March 13, 2020, 08:38:09 PM »
Local piggly wiggly was jammed packed after work. There were 2 open parking spots. I’ve never seen anything like it. I saw a middle aged woman pushing a cart to her car with 3 decent sized packs of TP on the bottom.

I just shook my head, and drove on to Kwik Trip to get a pizza for dinner.

It now feels like I’m watching a movie. I knew all this would come to pass plus much more, but it’s weird watching it all unfold.

Gov Evers just declared all schools closed statewide starting next Wednesday. Good one on him.

Barack Obama

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #821 on: March 13, 2020, 09:20:32 PM »
I guess the folks around here weren't as prepped as I thought.  Local Walmart looked like Black Friday - no parking, elbow to elbow inside.  Product being taking off the pallets and carts before it could be put on the shelves.

Ammo sales were "brisk".  Lot's of .22, more .30-30 than I would have thought, .30-06 were the big sellers, along with 12ga.  Most people buying ammo didn't seem to really know what they wanted - "Got 7 1/2 & 8 shot, which one you want?" "Uhhh, what do you think I should get?".

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #822 on: March 13, 2020, 09:47:02 PM »
I went to the supermarket this afternoon. The parking lot looked about normal for a Friday afternoon ... but that's probably because there's nothing left to buy! There was ZERO toilet paper, very little in the way of paper towels, almost no facial tissues, and all antibacterial-related cleaning supplies  had been wiped out. Also, no bottled water.

I was there to do a mostly normal weekly restock. Once I saw that we're in doomsday mode, I bought a bit more than I would usually have bought, but not a lot. I should be good for a couple or three weeks with no resupply at all. Dunno what happens after that. (I guess if I have to go to the market after a couple of weeks, I'll wear trash bags and be a fashion icon.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #823 on: March 13, 2020, 10:07:42 PM »
Kuwait airport is closing indefinitely.  All commercial flights banned.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #824 on: March 14, 2020, 12:17:49 AM »
Kuwait airport is closing indefinitely.  All commercial flights banned.

They started that a couple days ago.  I squeaked in on Teus before they shut down for everyone but Kuwaiti citizens, they gave them a couple days to get in or out, then went full lockdown.