Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440096 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #925 on: March 15, 2020, 03:51:45 PM »
Had a few things I needed so I braved the grocery stores.

First one had everything I needed except eggs, busy but fast lines.

Second store same story except no line, walked right to an open register with no customers.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #926 on: March 15, 2020, 03:53:55 PM »
Well OH Governor is ordering all restaurants and bars to close after 9:00 p.m. tonight.  They can remain open for carry out.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #927 on: March 15, 2020, 05:39:35 PM »
Just saw that.  My sister doesn't cook.  She and her husband make plenty of money and just eat out constantly, so I can't wait to hear the wailing.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #928 on: March 15, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »
NYC just closed public schools.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #929 on: March 15, 2020, 05:48:09 PM »
Feds just dropped the interest rate to zero. Seems like the majority of coronavirus response is free stuff and bailouts.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/fed-coronavirus-interest-rates-emergency-action
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #930 on: March 15, 2020, 05:48:23 PM »
Well OH Governor is ordering all restaurants and bars to close after 9:00 p.m. tonight.  They can remain open for carry out.

Bars do carry out?  Perfect.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #931 on: March 15, 2020, 05:52:42 PM »
Feds just dropped the interest rate to zero. Seems like the majority of coronavirus response is free stuff and bailouts.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/fed-coronavirus-interest-rates-emergency-action

Never let a crisis go to waste.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #932 on: March 15, 2020, 06:39:16 PM »
They just closed my daughters school in the middle of nowhere for two days. What difference is two days going to make in the middle of nowhere?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #933 on: March 15, 2020, 06:48:16 PM »
My sister doesn't cook.  She and her husband make plenty of money and just eat out constantly, so I can't wait to hear the wailing.
I have a friend like this, he won't even make mac & cheese from a box. Can't say I have much pity for these people.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #934 on: March 15, 2020, 06:54:13 PM »
Early futures markets are not impressed with Fed moves...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #935 on: March 15, 2020, 07:01:36 PM »
Early futures markets are not impressed with Fed moves...
And they're pretty much out of ammo?
Wonderful.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #936 on: March 15, 2020, 07:27:10 PM »
As of now I am officially beyond tired of this *expletive deleted*it
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #937 on: March 15, 2020, 07:31:12 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #939 on: March 15, 2020, 07:48:22 PM »
Okay, that made my day
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #940 on: March 15, 2020, 07:50:19 PM »
For those without a facebook login

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx2rW78uuw4
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #941 on: March 15, 2020, 07:57:42 PM »
As of now I am officially beyond tired of this *expletive deleted*it

And I am officially beyond tired of the media hype and hysteria that has driven us to this point.  This damn virus is not now, and will not ever, surpass a normal flu season in its impact on the country with regard to total infected and deaths.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #942 on: March 15, 2020, 07:59:37 PM »
I'm dead...https://www.facebook.com/daniel.klaver.39/videos/10221194525762696/   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love the haunting sound of the pipes.  And that little show is hilarious.   :rofl:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #943 on: March 15, 2020, 09:11:05 PM »
I'm going to swing into the grocery across from work tomorrow morning. Hopefully they'll have ground turkey. I have a 3 pound tube of chili grind turkey in the freezer, and a 1 pound regular grind, but I'd prefer not to dig those out unless I have to.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #944 on: March 15, 2020, 09:28:08 PM »
I have a friend like this, he won't even make mac & cheese from a box. Can't say I have much pity for these people.

She's a Bernie bro,  and we can't stand each other.  I'm laughing my ass off.  For comparison of the family,  we were raised upper middle class, without any real wants.  She ended up the aggrieved social justice warrior that went Peace Corps and I went to the Marine Corps and family business. 

I hope she *expletive deleted*ing starves,  it will amuse me.  She was raised better than that.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #945 on: March 15, 2020, 09:35:13 PM »

Student loan interest has been dropped to 0% until further notice too.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #946 on: March 15, 2020, 09:56:22 PM »
 :facepalm:
Coronavirus 'emergency'? Oregon police ask people to stop calling 911 because they ran out of toilet paper
https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-police-public-stop-calling-911-toilet-paper
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #947 on: March 15, 2020, 10:07:56 PM »
Governor of Iowa has recommended that schools should close for 4 weeks.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #948 on: March 15, 2020, 10:25:58 PM »
Well, that zero interest rate doesn't look to be doing what they want. Dow is already poised to drop like a rock tomorrow because of the announcement.

In other news, my nephew in law just texted me. His family owns a couple of Mexican grocery stores in LA, and they have closed both stores because they completely ran out of food today and they aren't getting restocked by their suppliers. That might just be a problem for mom and pop stores, and the Albertsons and the like will still have their supply chains, but it appears shortages without restock are starting.

Edit: I just texted him to watch his six, and he texted back that he already is because people are now being robbed for groceries when they leave the stores there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #949 on: March 15, 2020, 10:32:35 PM »
The problem is the grocery stores and warehouses both depend on JIT practices.  Now that the grocery stores are hard hit and have used extra deliveries from the warehouses are the warehouses also running out??? And what will refill them? There is also only so much truck capacity also
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!