Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440003 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #1300 on: March 21, 2020, 08:45:44 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/it-will-not-be-pretty-state-preparing-to-make-life-or-death-decisions-if-coronavirus-overwhelms-health-care-system/

Washington state is coming up with a triage plan to allocate scarce healthcare resources.  Death panels, if you will.  Many other states are doing the same.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1301 on: March 21, 2020, 09:40:16 AM »
Can't say I blame them

Costco, the big-box store known for its flexible return policy, is reportedly no longer accepting returns on several in-demand items such as toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing wipes, water, rice or Lysol.

Costco not accepting returns on certain in-demand items: report
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/costco-not-accepting-returns-items
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1302 on: March 21, 2020, 10:08:59 AM »
Went to Target yesterday to pick up a prescription for SWMBO.  Paper products section completely wiped out.  However, stocks of other items seemed to be pretty much normal.  Lots of bottled water available.  Plenty of coffee, snack items, canned goods, etc.
Some shortages of a few soda flavors, surprisingly, but there were some folks from one of the brands in there restocking.
FYI: Soda products do not move through the distribution centers like most everything else.  Reps from the various brands bring their product in and stock the shelves themselves.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1303 on: March 21, 2020, 10:30:55 AM »
Kinda political but kinda not: Joe Biden will be giving "shadow briefings" on the virus to "counteract" Trump. Good thoughts on this from a commenter:

Completely unhelpful and destined only to sow division.

He isn’t privy to any of the information the government has, he doesn’t have to actually be accountable for anything he says he “would” hypothetically do. This is just heckling from the sidelines in a time of true crisis.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/03/21/dangerous-and-outrageous-joe-bidens-plan-for-shadow-coronavirus-briefings-to-counter-trump-gets-shredded/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #1304 on: March 21, 2020, 10:50:23 AM »
Just got back from the Bedford IN Walmart. I was there at the 0700 opening, which was an hour later than the 0600 they said yesterday. Store now closes at 2030 instead of the prior 2300

Hard cat food almost gone as was litter. Canned cat food supply was ok though.

Canned vegetables were almost completely wiped out, as were soups, microwavable entrees, Parmesan cheese, crackers.

Fresh meats were severely depleted but in better supply than the canned goods. Maybe 20 percent full. Lunch meat section looked almost normal. Until you actually looked at it, then you could tell the locusts had been there too

Paper products. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Not even paper towel leavin's.

Garbage bags decimated.

Frozen foods also severely hit. Lots of empty shelves in the freezers. Could probably consolidate what was left into one side of one aisle.

Eggs looked ok with about half the section filled and milk seemed normal. Yogurt also heavily hit.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1305 on: March 21, 2020, 10:57:16 AM »

Garbage bags decimated.

Another weird hoarding item to add to the list. I'm getting curious as to what websites or other info sources are being used by "non-APS" type sheeple regarding what to stock up on or hoard. Or is this just the kind of stuff people with zero information buy?

Maybe for the garbage bags they saw the people who duct taped themselves into garbage bags while wearing respirators under their nose.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1306 on: March 21, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »
Just got back from picking up my Delta Elite I was having worked on by the smith at my gun store.  I got there right at 1000 and there were around a dozen people waiting to get in. They were pretty down on ammo. I can't say for sure about calibers, but the area where they stack the bulk mostly 9MM, .45ACP, 5.56, 7.62x39, etc. was pretty barren.

With this panic buying on guns I'm a little perturbed that the Glock 23 I have on consignment with them is still sitting there.  =(

On my way there I took notice that the Walmart parking lot was packed full, while a big shopping center in the same area with Marshall's etc. was a ghost town. The Boise mayor shut down bars and restaurants, but so far I think she is letting other businesses in the city make their own calls. Seems like maybe people are choosing not to hit stores that don't have daily necessities.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #1307 on: March 21, 2020, 01:26:04 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/it-will-not-be-pretty-state-preparing-to-make-life-or-death-decisions-if-coronavirus-overwhelms-health-care-system/

Washington state is coming up with a triage plan to allocate scarce healthcare resources.  Death panels, if you will.  Many other states are doing the same.

Following the Italy curve nicely.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #1308 on: March 21, 2020, 02:25:26 PM »
New York Center just went down....multiple confirmed cases. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1309 on: March 21, 2020, 02:30:28 PM »
NJ on lockdown
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1310 on: March 21, 2020, 03:26:14 PM »
Kinda political but kinda not: Joe Biden will be giving "shadow briefings" on the virus to "counteract" Trump. Good thoughts on this from a commenter:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/03/21/dangerous-and-outrageous-joe-bidens-plan-for-shadow-coronavirus-briefings-to-counter-trump-gets-shredded/

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1311 on: March 21, 2020, 04:27:52 PM »
New York Center just went down....multiple confirmed cases. 

Nothing on the FAA website about it.  Traffic still moving through there on FlightAware.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #1312 on: March 21, 2020, 05:10:35 PM »
Stopped by a small town IGA, rural Virginia.

Things were mostly normal. Most things available, if low. They had a small amount of baby wipes. They even had a couple BNLS Chicken breasts.

However, even their paper products aisle was empty. No paper towels, no toilet paper.

The crazy is everywhere.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1313 on: March 21, 2020, 05:14:51 PM »
Another one bordering on political, but holy hell - the trannies are now upset that hospitals are treating virus victims instead of doing sex change operations. Way to promote your brand, yo.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/03/21/vice-non-essential-life-saving-trans-surgeries-are-being-delayed-too-due-to-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #1314 on: March 21, 2020, 05:31:17 PM »
Nothing on the FAA website about it.  Traffic still moving through there on FlightAware.

I was semi misinformed.  Two areas are ATC0.  Major delays into the NE.  Traffic is being worked around those areas, the TRACON is tunneling traffic out at a reduced capacity.
JD

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1316 on: March 21, 2020, 05:44:45 PM »
Another one bordering on political, but holy hell - the trannies are now upset that hospitals are treating virus victims instead of doing sex change operations. Way to promote your brand, yo.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/03/21/vice-non-essential-life-saving-trans-surgeries-are-being-delayed-too-due-to-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

I wish I could say I'm shocked.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #1317 on: March 21, 2020, 05:53:35 PM »

You're terrible for even pointing this out.  The LBGTWTFBBQ community is stunning and brave for coping with this terrible slight as well as they have  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1318 on: March 21, 2020, 05:53:44 PM »

Isn't that Daniel Tiger from Mr Rogers?
"It's good, though..."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #1319 on: March 21, 2020, 05:55:41 PM »
I was semi misinformed.  Two areas are ATC0.  Major delays into the NE.  Traffic is being worked around those areas, the TRACON is tunneling traffic out at a reduced capacity.

Sounds like they're getting caught up, I see green dots on the command center site.
JD

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #1320 on: March 21, 2020, 06:28:47 PM »
Stopped by a small town IGA, rural Virginia.

Things were mostly normal. Most things available, if low. They had a small amount of baby wipes. They even had a couple BNLS Chicken breasts.

However, even their paper products aisle was empty. No paper towels, no toilet paper.

The crazy is everywhere.

Ditto here.

Aldi today was patchy in unusual places.  Peanut butter, totally wiped out.  No TP, but other household products available.  The "Aldi Finds" aisle where the weird stuff goes, mostly empty.

Cub Foods (regional chain), decent stock, mostly.

Ran by a local gun shop as I do every week or two, to scope out the used stuff.  Good stock in guns and ammo.  There was a display of bulk 1000 round packs of .45 ACP.  (Last time I was in it was 9mm, and I might have got one if that was still there).  And crowded, with two lines going to the two registers.

And i guess our lockdown has technically started.  I'll have to read over the decree.  I think computer techs were listed as one of the "exempt" jobs, if servicing necessary systems.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #1321 on: March 21, 2020, 06:31:45 PM »
Kansas City issued a shelter in place order, effective Tuesday.  Here's the text of the order, if anyone is curious:  https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6816624/Kansas-City-Stay-at-Home-Order.pdf

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1322 on: March 21, 2020, 06:54:17 PM »
Half of a twin city? Wonder how that will go.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1323 on: March 21, 2020, 07:08:07 PM »

Is that the good half?  The bad half won't listen anyway.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #1324 on: March 21, 2020, 08:01:22 PM »

Looks like it's the whole metro, though the only published copy of a proper ordnance was for kcmo.

Johnson County's site says:
Today the CORE 4 partners of Jackson County, Missouri; Johnson County, Kansas; Kansas City, Missouri, and the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas, based on the urgency of the COVID-19 public health emergency and the imminent rapid progression of the pandemic in our area, announce that beginning Tuesday, March 24, residents will be directed to stay at home except for essential needs. All jurisdictions will issue orders that will stay in effect for 30 days from the effective date of March 24, with consideration after 30 days of whether to prolong these orders beyond that date, based on public health and critical care metrics available at that time.