Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 445602 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #1975 on: April 06, 2020, 08:25:16 AM »
https://terravivos.com/secure/vivoseuropaone.htm

If we all chip in, perhaps we can get a luxury bunker in what I am guessing is the former East Germany. A subterranean munitions dump and equipment storage built by the Soviets.  We can rely on Fly320s to get us to Europe. 

I'm guessing there's a "no guns allowed" policy and that the security team for the bunker are jackboots out of a bad B movie.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #1976 on: April 06, 2020, 09:20:43 AM »
I'm guessing there's a "no guns allowed" policy and that the security team for the bunker are jackboots out of a bad B movie.

From the limited look I had at it, apparently there will be many other people in the "luxury bunker".

Yeah... I don't want to be locked up with a bunch of foolish eurotrash with more money than brains.

Let's just buy an abandoned missile silo here and provide our own security.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1977 on: April 06, 2020, 09:37:15 AM »
Problem with that is they are all in KS.

https://www.missilebases.com/copy-of-atlas-f-centralk
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1978 on: April 06, 2020, 09:46:42 AM »
Problem with that is they are all in KS.

https://www.missilebases.com/copy-of-atlas-f-centralk

Probably be far less liberals in them compared to the other one.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1979 on: April 06, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »
Yesterday I participated in an "across the fence" conference with a couple of my neighbors, they're both younger guys, mid 40s. Newest neighbor seems to be an alright guy but he really puts off the used car salesman vibe, probably because he owns a small small car lot in town. The other neighbor is pretty sharp and lets me cut firewood on his place but watching him run a chainsaw scares me.

Anyway, used car neighbor was relating his recent talks with one of his special forces buddies ( ;/). Says the buddy is now a 2 star and that "they" are planning on a full on country wide lock down in about 2 weeks that will include stopping all trucking for a full month.
Makes me wonder how many packages of TP this guy has stashed.
 :facepalm:

I wonder how many people realize the complete shitshow that would result from shutting down trucking for a month...

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1980 on: April 06, 2020, 10:23:33 AM »
Says the buddy is now a 2 star and that "they" are planning on a full on country wide lock down in about 2 weeks that will include stopping all trucking for a full month.

There must be a website. A local character here was saying the same thing in the grocery store the other day.

I talked to one neighbor I don't see much, but he lives next to my wheel line, and while I was working on it a couple of days ago he walked over and we were talking. I'm pretty sure he's a militia guy. He doesn't come out and say it,  but I think he's feeling me out, likely because of my Gadsden flag. He flips local homes in our area and said in his last deal he got 20 plate carriers from the guy and he has sorted them out in sizes in his gun room in case the neighbors need to get together. He asked me if I needed one because "you never know with this virus". He was kinda impressed when I both told him I already had a kevlar vest and then also lifted my jacket, showed him my .45, and said, "Always good to go."  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #1981 on: April 06, 2020, 10:28:11 AM »
Walking into Walmart with both a mask (Mrs. Dual insisted) and a gun was kind of surreal. As was the waiting line to get in where they let people in as more came out.
I promise not to duck.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1982 on: April 06, 2020, 10:33:53 AM »
"that will include stopping all trucking for a full month."

Right. You want food riots? Because that's how you get food riots.

100% of the food in this country moves by truck.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1983 on: April 06, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
They start rioting if the food stamp computers go down for a couple of hours
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1984 on: April 06, 2020, 10:51:15 AM »
The other neighbor is pretty sharp and lets me cut firewood on his place but watching him run a chainsaw scares me.

I have feeling you'd say the same thing about me. I take my time dropping a tree and limbing it, but stand back when it's time to buck logs and I have a big enough saw.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1985 on: April 06, 2020, 11:09:00 AM »
"that will include stopping all trucking for a full month."

Right. You want food riots? Because that's how you get food riots.

100% of the food in this country moves by truck.

I, for one, welcome our new localvore overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted internet nobody, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their rooftop, organic, community gardens.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #1986 on: April 06, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »
They start rioting if the food stamp computers go down for a couple of hours

Things are a bit on edge in the hood here right now. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1987 on: April 06, 2020, 12:29:33 PM »
Yesterday I participated in an "across the fence" conference with a couple of my neighbors, they're both younger guys, mid 40s. Newest neighbor seems to be an alright guy but he really puts off the used car salesman vibe, probably because he owns a small small car lot in town. The other neighbor is pretty sharp and lets me cut firewood on his place but watching him run a chainsaw scares me.

Anyway, used car neighbor was relating his recent talks with one of his special forces buddies ( ;/). Says the buddy is now a 2 star and that "they" are planning on a full on country wide lock down in about 2 weeks that will include stopping all trucking for a full month.
Makes me wonder how many packages of TP this guy has stashed.
 :facepalm:

I wonder how many people realize the complete shitshow that would result from shutting down trucking for a month...

No.  We Aren't.  Our plan is better than that.

320's, can you fire up the Chemtrails and do a couple laps to calm this guy down?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1988 on: April 06, 2020, 12:36:51 PM »
We just had a guy going around attacking people for not social distancing
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1989 on: April 06, 2020, 01:25:22 PM »
We just had a guy going around attacking people for not social distancing

I hope he was using a firearm, or other ranged weapon. Or perhaps a long spear.

Maybe I'll start carrying a shotgun with bean-bag rounds.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1990 on: April 06, 2020, 01:40:40 PM »
Knocking them to the ground and then trying to strangle them. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #1994 on: April 06, 2020, 03:09:07 PM »
Newest neighbor seems to be an alright guy but he really puts off the used car salesman vibe,
I’m guessing his forces aren’t all that special, his friend isn’t a 2 star, and he doesn’t know spit about anything.

My son in law is a former army ranger with several years in the real special forces. His current job is running a trucking company and warehouse. I talked to him yesterday and he didn’t mention anything like your neighbor’s scenario.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1995 on: April 06, 2020, 04:22:21 PM »
Boris Johnson moved to IC

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1996 on: April 06, 2020, 05:29:58 PM »
Boris Johnson moved to IC

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

Geez. Sadly, there's likely a bunch of commies over there jumping for joy. Hope he has a good recovery.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1997 on: April 06, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »
Geez. Sadly, there's likely a bunch of commies over there jumping for joy. Hope he has a good recovery.

I'm waiting to see what happens if Trump comes down with it. I have no doubt there will be celebration and parties and many of the MSM talking heads will be grinning from ear to ear. All in the name of compassion and tolerance of course
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1998 on: April 06, 2020, 05:52:44 PM »
I'm waiting to see what happens if Trump comes down with it. I have no doubt there will be celebration and parties and many of the MSM talking heads will be grinning from ear to ear. All in the name of compassion and tolerance of course

"In another brazen act of foreign collusion, Trump is using an Asian virus of color to gain sympathy"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1999 on: April 06, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »
"In another brazen act of foreign collusion, Trump is using an Asian virus of color to gain sympathy"

Virus appropriation
- Calvin and Hobbes