Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440001 times)

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #3050 on: May 23, 2020, 07:14:09 PM »
:facepalm: I think the point kind of just flew right over your head.

'Splain it to me then.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3051 on: May 23, 2020, 07:25:58 PM »
They don't like people, and this is an unusually good excuse to ban them from the shop and just let the dogs come in (they like dogs)
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3052 on: May 23, 2020, 10:04:57 PM »
Yep I hate people! If thy could just drop stuff off for me to fix and I never had to see them that would be great.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3053 on: May 23, 2020, 10:17:09 PM »
This is the misanthropy forum board.

We don't even really like each other  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3054 on: May 24, 2020, 08:53:06 AM »
So is "embargo" some kind of legal term that can be used by domestic, local governments (not being sarcastic, I actually don't know)? I've never heard of it used in this manner before:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/05/23/camden-county-posts-notice-of-embargo-on-gym-that-dared-reopen-in-spite-of-new-jersey-lockdown-order/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #3055 on: May 24, 2020, 06:09:20 PM »
So is "embargo" some kind of legal term that can be used by domestic, local governments (not being sarcastic, I actually don't know)? I've never heard of it used in this manner before:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/05/23/camden-county-posts-notice-of-embargo-on-gym-that-dared-reopen-in-spite-of-new-jersey-lockdown-order/

Embargo? Isn't that some kind of snail cooked in garlic and butter?

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3056 on: May 24, 2020, 06:26:21 PM »
No, it's when a ship leaves on a trip.  When the ship gets there, the passengers are said to disembargo.

Ben, lately (20+ years?) there seems to be a large number of words that are being used in unusual ways --sometimes as their tertiary and quaternary definitions, sometimes with no relationship to any definitions.  But that's cool, dude, like, it's part of, like, it's normal.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 07:02:10 PM by 230RN »

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3057 on: May 24, 2020, 09:39:52 PM »
No, it's when a ship leaves on a trip.  When the ship gets there, the passengers are said to disembargo.

Ben, lately (20+ years?) there seems to be a large number of words that are being used in unusual ways --sometimes as their tertiary and quaternary definitions, sometimes with no relationship to any definitions.  But that's cool, dude, like, it's part of, like, it's normal.

Agreed.  One of my main peeves re:word meaning shifts is "story".  I may have griped here before about it.  Facebook posts are stories. >bullshit!<  I see outdoor advertising signs for the ad company saying "let us help you tell your story".

I don't like it.   :old:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3058 on: May 24, 2020, 10:34:55 PM »

I'm actually most concerned with the legality of using that term in that way. AFAIK, it's generally an international thing for punitive measures against whole countries. It's a little scary to think rinky dink localities are somehow co-opting it to violate the constitution.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3060 on: May 25, 2020, 07:52:37 AM »
Agreed.  One of my main peeves re:word meaning shifts is "story".  I may have griped here before about it.  Facebook posts are stories. >bullshit!<  I see outdoor advertising signs for the ad company saying "let us help you tell your story".

I don't like it.   :old:

That comes straight out of corporate marketing departments.

The question asked in retail when setting up your department is always "what story are you telling?". The in store displays, signage, the print and video media advertising are all in alignment to "tell the story" to help sell the product.  

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:58:27 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3061 on: May 25, 2020, 09:22:19 AM »
Now we're to be outraged that Donald Trump played golf on a holiday weekend.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-hits-trump-for-golfing-trump-he-left-out-some-key-facts

When I saw a headline on this from CNN, it cracked me up. They think everything Trump does, especially with the pandemic, is wrong and racist will kill people. But it's apparently very important that he stays in the White House doing the wrong, racist things, and killing people.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3062 on: May 25, 2020, 12:25:07 PM »
Snarl:

"...White House spox Kayleigh McEnany ..."

:Growl

Me go now.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3063 on: May 25, 2020, 12:48:54 PM »
Agreed.  One of my main peeves re:word meaning shifts is "story".  I may have griped here before about it.  Facebook posts are stories. >bullshit!<  I see outdoor advertising signs for the ad company saying "let us help you tell your story".

Considering how little truth there is in most advertising, I can see calling ads "stories."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3064 on: May 25, 2020, 01:44:26 PM »
Protestors in Kentucky hang the governor in effigy:  https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/24/second-amendment-supporters-protest-covid-19-restrictions-capitol/5250571002/

It began as a celebration of constitutional rights but turned into a protest of coronavirus restrictions and Beshear’s administration. Folks toted their guns and waved American and “Don’t tread on me” flags. Taps honored the fallen, and free flags were given to veterans from all military branches.

Ed Bruce, who carried a replica colonial-era gun with a tag that read “1st Assault Rifle,” said he came out to make a point: government shouldn’t control what types of guns he or other law-abiding citizens carry, he said.

So the reporter has never heard of the Gadsden flag.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3066 on: May 25, 2020, 06:28:07 PM »
Mask nazis:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1264721468761481216

That would never happen around here (N. TX).  Most people, including retail employees*, didn't/don't wear masks when they're in a store.

*At least they didn't until their employer started requiring one be worn.  Not all retail employers in this area require wearing a mask while working.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3067 on: May 25, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »
She should have started coughing on them
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3068 on: May 25, 2020, 07:23:39 PM »

Since they were all breaking the six foot rule to yell and cuss at her about the mask rule, I reckon they would have had it coming.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3069 on: May 25, 2020, 07:44:52 PM »

Probably get charged with a felony.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/us/coronavirus-terrorism-nj.html

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3070 on: May 25, 2020, 07:58:11 PM »
Probably get charged with a felony.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/us/coronavirus-terrorism-nj.html

The reaction would have been so worth it.   >:D
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3071 on: May 25, 2020, 08:27:42 PM »
https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2020/05/22/church-that-defied-coronavirus-restrictions-is-burned-to-the-ground
Mississippi Church that defied stay-at-home orders burned to the ground in suspected arson

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3072 on: May 25, 2020, 08:30:06 PM »
Google Drive takes down user’s personal copy of Judy Mikovits’ Plandemic after it was flagged by The Washington Post
https://reclaimthenet.org/google-drive-takes-down-user-file-plandemic/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I assume there is some boiler plate language in their terms and conditions allowing them to review and edit your content on their site.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/MXyKqZ201Dj5/
This link popped up on a search.  Not sure if it is the same video or not.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3073 on: May 25, 2020, 08:33:03 PM »
Google Drive takes down user’s personal copy of Judy Mikovits’ Plandemic after it was flagged by The Washington Post
https://reclaimthenet.org/google-drive-takes-down-user-file-plandemic/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I assume there is some boiler plate language in their terms and conditions allowing them to review and edit your content on their site.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/MXyKqZ201Dj5/
This link popped up on a search.  Not sure if it is the same video or not.

- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #3074 on: May 25, 2020, 09:59:54 PM »
I think we're stuck in mud. It smells like something a whole lot worse than wet dirt, though. Got a bit of a barn yard odor to it.

Woody