Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440052 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #3425 on: July 10, 2020, 05:23:09 PM »
Youtube video that popped up in the list of videos that YT pushes

How ICE helped spread the corona virus

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3426 on: July 10, 2020, 10:01:14 PM »
A man is spit on for removing his mask while EXITING a Costco. I hope she has to do at least a few days of jail, just because.

The first thing I do when I exit Costco is take off my mask, so I coulda been this guy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-costco-shopper-coronavirus-mask
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3427 on: July 10, 2020, 10:46:05 PM »
A man is spit on for removing his mask while EXITING a Costco. I hope she has to do at least a few days of jail, just because.

The first thing I do when I exit Costco is take off my mask, so I coulda been this guy.

Was hoping her name was Karen
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3428 on: July 11, 2020, 12:25:02 AM »
Would he be legally justified in slapping her after that?  Hard enough to do some damage  :mad:

Her nose looks like it's been broken before.  I wonder why?
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3429 on: July 11, 2020, 06:40:15 AM »
I've got a bright red Floor Warden hat which could be construed as being a MAGA hat.  I was tempted to wear it out a couple of days ago just for grins.

Then I got a rush of brains to the head and decided not to with all the self-righteous schmucks and schmuckettes running around loose.

This particular schmuckette proved me right.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #3430 on: July 11, 2020, 10:32:55 AM »
Looks to me that she's a little low on endorphins. Any volunteers out there to give her an orgasm or two?  :lol:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3431 on: July 11, 2020, 11:00:14 AM »
As the somewhat indelicate phrase goes, "All she needs is a good stiff one... and I don't mean a martini."

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3432 on: July 11, 2020, 11:08:49 AM »
Looks to me that she's a little low on endorphins. Any volunteers out there to give her an orgasm or two?  :lol:

Woody

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3433 on: July 11, 2020, 12:25:37 PM »

She's a teacher? ? ?   Can she spell hypocrisy? :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3434 on: July 11, 2020, 01:07:23 PM »
She's a teacher? ? ?   Can she spell hypocrisy? :O

She can probably spell it, but I doubt she knows what the word means.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3435 on: July 11, 2020, 01:23:43 PM »
Meanwhile, in the Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes department ...

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/i-thought-this-was-a-hoax-patient-in-their-30s-dies-after-attending-covid-party

A person who was sure COVID-19 is a hoax attended a coronavirus party. Apparently this is now a thing -- people throw these parties to see if anyone gets sick. This person got sick ... and died.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3436 on: July 11, 2020, 03:30:55 PM »

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/i-thought-this-was-a-hoax-patient-in-their-30s-dies-after-attending-covid-party

A person who was sure COVID-19 is a hoax attended a coronavirus party. Apparently this is now a thing -- people throw these parties to see if anyone gets sick. This person got sick ... and died.

Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Bang!
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3437 on: July 11, 2020, 04:27:49 PM »

Be nice to have a name attached to that story.  I bet he was in one of the vulnerable groups.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3438 on: July 12, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
https://medium.com/@vernunftundrichtigkeit/coronavirus-why-everyone-was-wrong-fce6db5ba809

I still wear my "obedience training mask" when shopping or at work.

On occasion I also call it the "mask of humiliation"  :laugh:

The Chicago area is one of a few epicenters of mass neuroticism and madness of the crowd here in the Divided States of Diversity.

In clown world everyone is required to wear the clown mask.

If you don't, Karen Clown will call the manager.

All managers are clowns in good standing, honk honk.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:34:11 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3439 on: July 12, 2020, 03:11:14 PM »
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/07/11/guy-becomes-viral-hero-after-2-mask-shaming-women-accost-him-in-walmart-oh-god-another-one-945570

"You're like monkeys! Dropping out of the trees..."

:laugh:

If I run into someone like that, I'd prefer to handle it a little differently. It might be fun to keep asking them repeat themselves, and let them know you can't hear them, because of the mask.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3440 on: July 12, 2020, 03:29:23 PM »
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/07/11/guy-becomes-viral-hero-after-2-mask-shaming-women-accost-him-in-walmart-oh-god-another-one-945570

"You're like monkeys! Dropping out of the trees..."

:laugh:

If I run into someone like that, I'd prefer to handle it a little differently. It might be fun to keep asking them repeat themselves, and let them know you can't hear them, because of the mask.

A group of Karens: "A scold of Karens"  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3441 on: July 12, 2020, 04:29:48 PM »
The comment section is gold  :rofl:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3442 on: July 12, 2020, 04:49:43 PM »
https://medium.com/@vernunftundrichtigkeit/coronavirus-why-everyone-was-wrong-fce6db5ba809

I still wear my "obedience training mask" when shopping or at work.

On occasion I also call it the "mask of humiliation"  :laugh:

The Chicago area is one of a few epicenters of mass neuroticism and madness of the crowd here in the Divided States of Diversity.

In clown world everyone is required to wear the clown mask.

If you don't, Karen Clown will call the manager.

All managers are clowns in good standing, honk honk.

What is the point of that linked article?   ???  It reads quite intelligent .... but claims covid19 disappears in the summer.  It's the middle  of July and not only is it still here,  in the hot hot south it's spiking!!!

Some of the article sounds good .... but I must question it because atleast one assertion seems erroneous.

But,  I'm not a biophysicist or a virologist.....   so what do I know? [popcorn]

I'm not trying to be contentious but  ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3443 on: July 12, 2020, 05:18:03 PM »
Does "spiking" just mean an increase in testing?

As I understand it, respiratory illness tends to be more acute in warmer weather. So it's not that the summer just somehow weakens or kills the virus; it just makes the effects less severe. Also, normally, you'd expect less contagion in the summer, because people aren't huddling together, at home. Still plenty of huddling at home this time around.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3444 on: July 12, 2020, 06:16:17 PM »

What is the point of that linked article?   ???  It reads quite intelligent .... but claims covid19 disappears in the summer.  It's the middle  of July and not only is it still here,  in the hot hot south it's spiking!!!

Some of the article sounds good .... but I must question it because atleast one assertion seems erroneous.

But,  I'm not a biophysicist or a virologist.....   so what do I know? [popcorn]

I'm not trying to be contentious but  ....

Well as most here know, I reject the reported numbers of deaths out of hand.

You, me, we, are flat out being lied to, they inflated the numbers and even admit to inflating the numbers. They are admitted liars. Fauci is a lying bastard, about several things actually.

The spike is in reported cases, reported cases go up with increased testing.

Hospitalizations and deaths have plummeted.

I don't deny it is a nasty virus that some folks have a hard time fighting off.

The overreaction and neurotic little girl panic that has been promulgated is so out of proportion to what has actually occurred is something out of a dystopian novel.  

I go along to get along because I live in the middle of clown world and don't need the hassle. But even here in clown world folks are increasingly getting tired of the nonsense.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3445 on: July 12, 2020, 08:01:58 PM »
Has anyone determined the percentage of positive cases vs amount of tests over time?  I'd like to know if there is a larger percentage of positive results for a given number of tests this month over last month and the month before.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3446 on: July 13, 2020, 11:51:04 AM »
Seen the other day: guy wearing a mask with "Spaceballs: the mask" printed on it.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3447 on: July 13, 2020, 12:27:34 PM »
Has anyone determined the percentage of positive cases vs amount of tests over time?  I'd like to know if there is a larger percentage of positive results for a given number of tests this month over last month and the month before.
I don't see daily info for the whole country so I grabbed some state data.

In early April we were looking at a rolling 7 day average of 4-5 tests per case.  That crept up to a peak of about 23 tests per case in late June, and has since fallen to about 10 tests per case.

Unsurprisingly, late June also coincided with the highest testing rates.  Current daily testing rates are almost half of peak testing.  Whether that is due to something like Charby's testing manipulation conspiracy theory or general change in test demand I don't know.

Daily deaths peaked in late April at about 13 new cases per death.  Daily deaths are trending clearly downward and are currently sitting at a rate comparable to late March - almost 1/6th of what they were at peak.  Not sure if that is due to fewer severe cases or better treatments.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3448 on: July 13, 2020, 12:51:34 PM »
Thanks cordex.

We can probably expect to see a rise in hospitalizations and deaths this fall. The virus is still spreading and the cold and flu season is when it will impact the most vulnerable.

On a side note, historically the response that worked the best during pandemics was to quarantine those who were already infected, limiting who they could expose. Then separately, quarantine those who were most vulnerable limiting possible contact with those who had the virus.

Instead we quarantined everyone shutting down just about our whole society.

Then governments forced facilities filled with those most vulnerable to take infected patients.

Historically during pandemics people understood that fresh air, sunshine and being outside was healthier than being locked in a building. Our government(s) locked down parks, beaches, millions of acres of "public land" even going so far as to harass people congregating too close together in their own neighborhoods.  

Now I get it, there are a lot of stupid people, especially in the poorer sections of big cities. They became the baseline by which restrictions were implemented along with the facilities of the most vulnerable where most of the deaths seem to have occurred. The majority has been lorded over based upon lowest common denominator.

The absolute inversion of what has actually always been known about pandemics is enough to make me question everything the government says on the subject.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3449 on: July 13, 2020, 01:55:01 PM »
Well,don't worry, even if you keep your distance, wear your mask, etc., you're still going to die because...

AIR CONDITIONING!

Of course, let's turn the AC off, make the Europeans happy, and we'll still die from the heat. But at least we won't die from the Beer Flu...

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/06/air-conditioning-may-be-factor-in-covid-19-spread-in-the-south/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.