Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440144 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #3925 on: September 22, 2020, 06:02:47 PM »
I can see that. I would patronize sit-down restaurants, but it's too much of a pain in the ass for me. Usually I will do a sit-down at lunch if I have to run into Boise for other stuff. Get my stuff done, then head downtown for lunch and a beer.  I made it a habit to try and rotate through and visit different places, but now you have to make freakin' reservations - even at lunch - instead of walking in.

I was even gonna do that last time I was in Boise, but pulling Yelp out before I left didn't show an available reservation until the next day. For lunch (maybe because of social distancing space). So I said "screw this" and just stopped at my local diner on my way home.

I also had new tires put on at Costco last week and was gonna just go to lunch while I waited for the tires. Once again pulled out Yelp, and only one (Dickey's BBQ) of a dozen locations in walking distance was open for dine-in. Everything else that is usually dine-in was take-out only.  Dickey's was empty except for me and one family.

With all that, fast food is the easiest option for me, other than eating at my three local places, which are all business as usual.

I don’t trust yelp, usually that info is out of date. I call the establishment if it shows no available reservations or need reservations.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3926 on: September 22, 2020, 06:07:17 PM »
I don’t trust yelp, usually that info is out of date. I call the establishment if it shows no available reservations or need reservations.

At least for the restaurants/pubs I frequent, yelp sends you to the establishment's website for reservations.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3927 on: September 22, 2020, 06:08:27 PM »
I can see that. I would patronize sit-down restaurants, but it's too much of a pain in the ass for me. Usually I will do a sit-down at lunch if I have to run into Boise for other stuff. Get my stuff done, then head downtown for lunch and a beer.  I made it a habit to try and rotate through and visit different places, but now you have to make freakin' reservations - even at lunch - instead of walking in.

I was even gonna do that last time I was in Boise, but pulling Yelp out before I left didn't show an available reservation until the next day. For lunch (maybe because of social distancing space). So I said "screw this" and just stopped at my local diner on my way home.

I also had new tires put on at Costco last week and was gonna just go to lunch while I waited for the tires. Once again pulled out Yelp, and only one (Dickey's BBQ) of a dozen locations in walking distance was open for dine-in. Everything else that is usually dine-in was take-out only.  Dickey's was empty except for me and one family.

With all that, fast food is the easiest option for me, other than eating at my three local places, which are all business as usual.

There's a reason for that.  I've quit eating at Dickey's when I visit family in Oregon.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3928 on: September 22, 2020, 07:23:56 PM »
I'm hearing anecdotal evidence that fast food joints are actually making more money right now. Anyone else hearing this?

I guess it makes sense, as people aren't patronizing dine-in-only restaurants.

I don't doubt it at all.  For the first time during the lockdown I started using drive through to grab burgers & fries.  And fairly often too. 

I have gone to Cracker Barrel several times and a Longhorn's once (a steak & potatoes place,  but really good).
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3929 on: September 22, 2020, 07:46:37 PM »
There's a reason for that.  I've quit eating at Dickey's when I visit family in Oregon.

Yeah, they are mediocre at best, but were all that was available for a sit down.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3930 on: September 23, 2020, 07:12:50 AM »
Since this mess started back in March I've gotten carry out from my favorite Chinese place near my house twice and Domino's once (ugh).

I normally only hit face food places when I'm heading down to, or coming back from, Castle Key's place. There's a town about half way that's a good stopping point to pee and get something quick to eat. Normally BK because it's right next to the Sheetz for gas, and the McD's, last time I tried to stop there, was drive through only.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3931 on: September 23, 2020, 08:07:15 PM »
Since this mess started back in March I've gotten carry out from my favorite Chinese place near my house twice and Domino's once (ugh).

I normally only hit face food places when I'm heading down to, or coming back from, Castle Key's place. There's a town about half way that's a good stopping point to pee and get something quick to eat. Normally BK because it's right next to the Sheetz for gas, and the McD's, last time I tried to stop there, was drive through only.

BK over Sheetz MTO stuff?

Heathen.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3932 on: September 24, 2020, 06:59:58 AM »
BK is FAR faster when I have a dog waiting for me in the car.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3933 on: September 25, 2020, 12:31:16 PM »
I forgot my lunch at home this morning so I decided to hit a Chinese restaurant near my office that a couple of coworkers like.

When I walked in they immediately did a forehead temperature scan. Ok...

I ordered the crispy beef combination lunch. Not had crispy beef in years.

The egg roll was meh.

The fried rice was... OK meh.

The crispy beef was good. Not great, but good.

I should have remembered my sandwich.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3935 on: September 25, 2020, 02:21:28 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/25/is-the-wuhan-coronavirus-really-a-chinese-bioweapon/

Now now... Facebook's fact checkers assure us that that's nothing by neckbeard conspiracy theories...

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3936 on: September 25, 2020, 08:16:37 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/25/is-the-wuhan-coronavirus-really-a-chinese-bioweapon/

First paragraph of article:
After nearly one year, questions remain unanswered about whether the Chinese coronavirus was natural or man-made and whether its release into the world was accidental or malicious.

Man-made, and accidental.

Is this still really a question?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3937 on: September 25, 2020, 09:18:13 PM »
BK is FAR faster when I have a dog waiting for me in the car.

Your dog wants Sheetz MTO quesadilla...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3938 on: September 29, 2020, 02:15:29 PM »
Your dog wants Sheetz MTO quesadilla...

She wants a lot of things, most of which she's not getting.

But she's happy with a chunk of BK chicken sandwich.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3939 on: September 29, 2020, 05:14:49 PM »
Conspiracy Coworker's new obsession is that we'll all be forced to take Bill Gate's vaccine.

(obviously, Bill Gates started this whole thing to sell the vaccine he's been sitting on - obviously)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3940 on: September 29, 2020, 05:18:26 PM »
Not the first version of that I've heard...

One was "government plot to give us a vaccine that contains trackers and microchips that they can use to control our minds.

That was the plot of a murder mystery/thriller I read years ago.

A BADLY written and plotted one.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3941 on: September 29, 2020, 05:22:54 PM »

One was "government plot to give us a vaccine that contains trackers and microchips that they can use to control our minds.

You missed the part about the UV dye to mark who has had it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3942 on: September 29, 2020, 05:28:43 PM »

CC's version sometimes includes the chip.

The fun part is, since I'm not opposed to getting a vaccine, I'm just a good little sheep, ready to do whatever they want me to do. Baaaaaa.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3943 on: September 29, 2020, 06:02:29 PM »
It's been done before; I think I previously mentioned that was a subplot in the X-Files. (smallpox vaccine)  ((there were so many subplots in the X-Files))  But now they've had 30 years to perfect it.
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3944 on: September 29, 2020, 06:27:15 PM »
Just think about when they put the chip in where they have to shove the batteries?   :O
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3946 on: September 30, 2020, 07:58:14 AM »
Down in Orlando, FL now. Everybody down here is a scared little bitch. Don’t wear a mask into a store and you get bitched out by the staff. We went to Disney World yesterday, having to wear a mask all day sucked. Ironic that the mask use is so religious among dumbasses who’s driving habits are far more likely to kill them.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #3947 on: September 30, 2020, 03:54:44 PM »
Just think about when they put the chip in where they have to shove the batteries?   :O

Sorry, all my orifices are spoken for.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3948 on: October 01, 2020, 11:11:42 AM »
Ironic that the mask use is so religious among dumbasses

Or "political theater".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/10/01/doh-tom-wolf-and-rep-wendy-ullman-caught-on-hot-mic-saying-the-quiet-part-about-wearing-masks-out-loud-watch/

I'm still  complaining that I can't keep up with where to wear a mask and where not to. My default is not wearing one, but to alleviate problems, I just wear one in places where everyone does, or avoid the establishment. In the last couple of months, I've gone into the same stores where everyone was wearing a mask, then next time almost no one was, then next time almost everyone was again.

Then if I go into a place wearing a mask where it's like 50/50 mask /no mask, I get self-conscious about removing mine after I enter the store and end up keeping it on. Then last week, I pulled into a place and saw a couple of people coming out maskless, so left mine in the car, then ended up being the only one in there without a mask on.  :laugh:

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3949 on: October 01, 2020, 11:46:41 AM »
Keep it in your pocket.   :police: ......  [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero