Author Topic: Biden showing more symptoms . . .  (Read 118639 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Biden showing more symptoms . . .
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2020, 11:05:06 PM »
Heightened calls for Biden to pick a black VP.
Would love to see their reaction if he doesn't.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2020, 11:34:24 PM »
Rachel Dolezal would be the perfect choice.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2020, 01:22:45 AM »
Heightened calls for Biden to pick a black VP.
Would love to see their reaction if he doesn't.

I'm guessing people of whiteness did most of the Holy Rioting. Shouldn't he pick a white VP? I mean, those whities worked so hard...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2020, 06:57:51 AM »
At this point my money is on Biden picking Michelle Obama.  That would be a sure win for the Democrats, and in effect provide a third term for Barry.
Yes, I know she has said repeatedly she will not run for President, but being picked for VP would not be running for POTUS.  She would become President by default when Biden resigns.  He did say recently that whoever he picks for the VP slot needs to be capable of being President from day one.  That remark went by mostly unnoticed by the MSM.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »
I'm guessing people of whiteness did most of the Holy Rioting. Shouldn't he pick a white VP? I mean, those whities worked so hard...
I think that is a fact that some people forget or failed to notice.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »
I think it's fairly safe to say Biden will resign or even perhaps even commit "suicide" or died of an "illness" so whoever he or they pick for VP will be president if he wins.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2020, 10:11:56 AM »
I think it's fairly safe to say Biden will resign or even perhaps even commit "suicide" or died of an "illness" so whoever he or they pick for VP will be president if he wins.

With Klobuchar dropping out of the running with her reason given of "He needs a black woman", it's gonna be very interesting to see who gets the nod. I don't think people like Harris and Abrams have a chance or are even supported by the dem machine. Maybe with a strong presidential candidate, but not with Biden.

Which really makes me want to get the tinfoil out and say Michelle Obama, and Biden steps down within the first year for medical reasons.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2020, 10:20:47 AM »
With Klobuchar dropping out of the running with her reason given of "He needs a black woman", it's gonna be very interesting to see who gets the nod. I don't think people like Harris and Abrams have a chance or are even supported by the dem machine. Maybe with a strong presidential candidate, but not with Biden.

Which really makes me want to get the tinfoil out and say Michelle Obama, and Biden steps down within the first year for medical reasons.

I would say earlier than that, before the inauguration
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2020, 10:36:26 AM »
I would say earlier than that, before the inauguration

My only argument with that would be, and not that they're that smart, but pre-inauguration would be so blatantly obvious that it might actually cause people who actually work for a living to start tearing stuff down. Even the MSM couldn't spin that into "racist white people".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2020, 10:40:43 AM »
My only argument with that would be, and not that they're that smart, but pre-inauguration would be so blatantly obvious that it might actually cause people who actually work for a living to start tearing stuff down. Even the MSM couldn't spin that into "racist white people".

They need plausible deniability.  A month or two after the inauguration would probably be enough for that.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2020, 10:49:07 AM »
They can always blame the C19 he caught from the after election meetings he has with Trump, there's your plausible deniability
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2020, 10:54:13 AM »
Harrison died IIRC 31 days into his presidency
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2020, 04:52:06 PM »
Biden is already dead from the neck up.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2020, 12:34:54 PM »
Americans weren't allowed to own cannons during the revolutionary war:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/30/joe-biden-gets-fact-checked-on-gun-cannon-control-during-the-revolutionary-war/

Which is more hilarious given that Americans can own cannons now. I dropped the ball again this year, but am still looking to buy a cannon to put next to my flagpole.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2020, 12:46:57 PM »
A friend and I ran out of BP for his cannon one day and didn't then what I know now.

I grabbed some red dot and said let's just try I little bit. Yes we are lucky to be alive. Cannon, picnic table and a small section of chain link fence were never the same.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2020, 06:14:08 PM »
The Constitution specifically permits the government to issue letters of marque, which were usually issued to private ships that were armed (presumably with multiple cannons) and which plausibly allowed them to prey legally on the ships of enemy nations. I don't know whether the US Government ever actually issued such letters of marque, but it's telling that they're allowed for.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2020, 06:30:27 PM »
A friend and I ran out of BP for his cannon one day and didn't then what I know now.

I grabbed some red dot and said let's just try I little bit. Yes we are lucky to be alive. Cannon, picnic table and a small section of chain link fence were never the same.

Using modern smokeless in a BP gun can result in a close casket funeral
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2020, 07:16:01 PM »
I know but I didn't in my teens.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2020, 07:39:11 PM »

It ain't easy bein' a teenaged privateer.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2020, 07:56:52 PM »
I'm still a little amazed than I got through MY early childhood in one piece without any serious injury.

They say the Almighty protects fools and children, and back then, I qualified on both counts. ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2020, 08:05:51 PM »
Americans weren't allowed to own cannons during the revolutionary war:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/30/joe-biden-gets-fact-checked-on-gun-cannon-control-during-the-revolutionary-war/

Which is more hilarious given that Americans can own cannons now. I dropped the ball again this year, but am still looking to buy a cannon to put next to my flagpole.

Well he's right: Americans were forbidden to own cannon... By the British.  I'm pretty sure we started shooting them when they showed up to take them away.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2020, 08:27:56 PM »
The Constitution specifically permits the government to issue letters of marque, which were usually issued to private ships that were armed (presumably with multiple cannons) and which plausibly allowed them to prey legally on the ships of enemy nations. I don't know whether the US Government ever actually issued such letters of marque, but it's telling that they're allowed for.

Your post made me wonder that same thing, so I did some poking around.

Apparently the US did issue letters during its early years as a way to provide some trade security without funding a navy, then punitively during the Barbary wars and the war of 1812.

We stopped after the war of 1812, and privateering in general was pretty much banned by treaty in 1856.

There were some articles that we bandied about the idea of new letters of marque after Sep 11th as well.

Some reading:
https://sanctionsalert.com/u-s-constitution-reference-to-marque-and-reprisal-presaged-sanctions-today-laid-foundation-with-pirates-as-protagonists-2/#:~:text=What%20are%20letters%20of%20'Marque,has%20traded%20with%20an%20enemy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2020, 08:55:27 PM »
Aside from privateers and their letters of marque, I have always understood that many colonial militias in smaller towns had one cannon ... and that cannon was owned by one of the wealthy squires in the area. I'm pretty certain I have also read that sometimes he who owned the cannon was sort of automatically designated as the militia commander.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »
Which brings us neatly to this evening's plan to make leftist heads explode:

Trump should issue Letters of Mark to Blackwater (or whatever they're called now), Triple Canopy,  and Dyncorp then pull all US servicemembers out of the Mid-East.

Tell our allies that the contractors will be handling our portion of stabilization activities.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2020, 11:29:05 PM »
Aside from privateers and their letters of marque, I have always understood that many colonial militias in smaller towns had one cannon ... and that cannon was owned by one of the wealthy squires in the area. I'm pretty certain I have also read that sometimes he who owned the cannon was sort of automatically designated as the militia commander.

Is this cannon canon?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.