Author Topic: Biden showing more symptoms . . .  (Read 118593 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Biden showing more symptoms . . .
« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2020, 09:31:12 PM »
Trump could score all sorts of points by doing things like that.  He won't though.  He has too much of an ego for that.  He has shown himself to be extraordinarily kind to all sorts of people.  But he only does that to assuage his ego.  I like what he does most of the time because no one has ever stood up to the ruthless D's and we needed someone to do that.  He just doesn't have an off switch, though, and that's too bad.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2020, 10:05:27 PM »
The best thing Trump could do in that situation is just talk about himself and his accomplishments rather than attack.  That and bring in a jammer for Biden's earbud so someone off stage can't feed him answers.   =D

I heard a prediction that Biden won't actually answer any questions, but will just try to turn everything into an attack on Trump no matter what the question is.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #327 on: September 29, 2020, 02:05:10 PM »
That one really brilliant guy we all love and respect has weighed in on the Trump/Biden debate:

I think we all expect there may come a time in the debates when Joe Biden is talking, and gets a little lost. Maybe a lot lost. One of those times when he just can’t find that word he really needs, or can’t recall what he was talking about. I won’t wish it on him, but it’s no secret he’s prone to such things. If that thing happens, President Trump can score a major victory by leaning in, and suggesting the needed word. Or by somehow helping him get back on track.

That would be yoooje. Such a memorable moment would magnify just how weak and unpresidential (sad to say) Biden now is. Trump would establish himself as the one in command, and not only that. Donald Trump, the bull always shopping for china, would look empathetic, fair, even kind. And just when everyone is watching.

https://ricochet.com/805812/why-trump-should-rescue-biden/

My first thought was it would be a brilliant response on Trump's part should such an opportunity arise.  After thinking about it a bit more however, I'm convinced the left would successfully turn it back on Trump by claiming he was patronizing or being condescending to Biden.  Bad optics for Trump.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2020, 05:19:33 PM »
https://ricochet.com/805812/why-trump-should-rescue-biden/

My first thought was it would be a brilliant response on Trump's part should such an opportunity arise.  After thinking about it a bit more however, I'm convinced the left would successfully turn it back on Trump by claiming he was patronizing or being condescending to Biden.  Bad optics for Trump.

I don't think all the combined powers of the dark arts of corporate leftmedia could do that. All they could do is try to ignore it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #330 on: October 10, 2020, 12:44:57 PM »
He dismisses the people asking the question as "probably Republicans" - but I thought the Democratic Party was going to defeat Trump with all those sensible Republican voters aghast at Orange Bad Man.  ???

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #331 on: October 10, 2020, 12:51:12 PM »
You have to vote for him so that you can find out what he wants to do.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #332 on: October 10, 2020, 02:05:51 PM »
Sure, it's not even in his top 50 gaffes but still you should not misread a teleprompter this bad and call for a $15 million minimum wage.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #333 on: October 10, 2020, 02:11:19 PM »
Sure, it's not even in his top 50 gaffes but still you should not misread a teleprompter this bad and call for a $15 million minimum wage.

AOC will be calling for a $20 million living wage by evening
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #334 on: October 10, 2020, 02:25:17 PM »
He dismisses the people asking the question as "probably Republicans" - but I thought the Democratic Party was going to defeat Trump with all those sensible Republican voters aghast at Orange Bad Man.  ???

Plus one of his big campaign mottos is that he'll be "a President for everyone". Except people he doesn't like, I guess.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #335 on: October 10, 2020, 03:17:42 PM »
Trump: Mention the "Harris-Biden" ticket during the debate, and see if Joe notices.

Biden: "That's the Biden-Harris ticket"

Trump: "OK, I guess the same people who won't let you answer about packing the Supreme Court haven't let you in on the rest of their plans yet."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #336 on: October 10, 2020, 03:24:49 PM »
Plus one of his big campaign mottos is that he'll be "a President for everyone". Except people he doesn't like, I guess.

https://youtu.be/fBRlAmT0DoA

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #337 on: October 12, 2020, 01:00:45 AM »
Wow. Look at these photos of Biden.

He looks like he didn't close his eyes fast enough when the Ark was opened.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #338 on: October 12, 2020, 04:27:36 AM »

Yikes.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #339 on: October 12, 2020, 10:04:43 AM »
 =D

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #340 on: October 12, 2020, 10:30:06 AM »

Yowch.  That's worse than Nixon in the 1960 debate!    MAKE-UP!!! !

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Pb

• friend
« Reply #341 on: October 12, 2020, 11:30:51 AM »
Ok- what is the consensus on his senility (or lack thereof) now?

He got through the first debate without it being obvious.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #342 on: October 12, 2020, 11:52:42 AM »
Ok- what is the consensus on his senility (or lack thereof) now?

He got through the first debate without it being obvious.

My judgement is still the same. He's showing signs of increasing senility. My father went through the same process, and he seemed ok most of the time, but the breaks with reality kept getting more and more frequent.

My assessment of Mr. Biden is that he is in the beginning phases of senility, being corralled by people who are well aware of his deficiencies.

That he got through an hour and a half of a debate is impressive, but my guess is they rolled the dice and won, likely due to the drug treatments he is on. His breaks are not continuous ones, but things that he's able to work through, for now. That will not remain the case.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #343 on: October 12, 2020, 02:05:45 PM »
Yowch.  That's worse than Nixon in the 1960 debate!    MAKE-UP!!! !

Looking for an original Milton Berle clip, all I can find is where he reprised the gag on the Muppet Show.  (seems like in the original, the makeup man was a midget)
"It's good, though..."

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #345 on: October 12, 2020, 04:10:56 PM »
If this is what happens to Biden after a few days of campaigning what would the presidency do to him?

What kind of machine do they have in his basement that keeps him relativity fresh and why don't they take it on the road with him?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #347 on: October 12, 2020, 05:12:10 PM »
Houston, we have a problem, again

JOE BIDEN TODAY IN OHIO:

"I'm running as a proud Democrat for the Senate" pic.twitter.com/OcmWDSAfe0

— SV News 🚨 (@SVNewsAlerts) October 12, 2020
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/12/joe-biden-tells-ohioans-hes-running-as-a-proud-democrat-for-the-senate-urges-voter-registration-at-nonexistent-website/
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #348 on: October 12, 2020, 05:20:18 PM »
At least he got his party affiliation right.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #349 on: October 12, 2020, 05:40:22 PM »
If this is what happens to Biden after a few days of campaigning what would the presidency do to him?

What kind of machine do they have in his basement that keeps him relativity fresh and why don't they take it on the road with him?

Everybody but him knows that he will be discarded as soon as the election is finalized.  That's why the democrats don't care that he is incompetent.  They might even prefer it because it will look less like a coup that way if he wins and is deposed by Harris.  It would be sad, except he knows what kind of people he chose to caucus with; he's one of them.  *expletive deleted*ck all of 'em.
"It's good, though..."