Author Topic: U.S. Supreme Court gives states latitude to prosecute illegal immigrants  (Read 877 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.dailywire.com/news/scotus-rules-for-states-prosecuting-illegal-immigrants-for-identity-theft

I wish the ruling hadn't been so close, but I guess that is where we are right now.
The 5-4 ruling, with the court’s conservative justices in the majority, overturned a 2017 Kansas Supreme Court decision that had voided the convictions of three restaurant workers for fraudulently using other people’s Social Security numbers.

Though immigration-related employment fraud is a federal matter, Kansas contended that its prosecutions were not immigration-related and did not conflict with federal immigration law. Kansas had argued that a ruling in favor of the immigrants would undermine its ability to combat the growing problem of identity theft.

Immigrant rights groups have said that giving states power to prosecute employment fraud would let them take immigration policy into their own hands.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Can we incorporate that down to municipalities, too?

>:D =D

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it.