Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS! Elizabeth Warren dropping out of race  (Read 1829 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Elizabeth Warren dropping out of race
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »
And here's the take away bullet point...

"It leaves what was once a historically diverse Democratic field essentially narrowed to two white men in their seventies."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 11:22:07 AM »
And here's the take away bullet point...

"It leaves what was once a historically diverse Democratic field essentially narrowed to two white men in their seventies."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tulsi Gabbard is still in the race! ....but may not be in any more debates.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dnc-says-debate-threshold-will-go-up-after-gabbard-clears-previous-mark
DNC says debate 'threshold will go up' after Gabbard clears previous mark
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 11:53:25 AM »
Waiting on the it's because Trump's America is racist spin, you know someone is writing something along those lines at this very moment.
Trump's America is sexist is too easy
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 12:11:40 PM »
Waiting on the it's because Trump's America is racist spin, you know someone is writing something along those lines at this very moment.
Trump's America is sexist is too easy
Maybe not.

Since at this point, it would have to mean that by eliminating Warren, it's DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY voters who are racist* and/or sexist, since Trumpians (Trumpites?) haven't had a chance to weigh in.

* - the racism is so deep that even 1/1024 Cherokee blood causes discrimination.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 12:13:26 PM »
Maybe not.

Since at this point, it would have to mean that by eliminating Warren, it's DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY voters who are racist* and/or sexist, since Trumpians (Trumpites?) haven't had a chance to weigh in.

* - the racism is so deep that even 1/1024 Cherokee blood causes discrimination.

You're seriously underestimating their ability to spin
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 01:38:40 PM »
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 01:51:53 PM »
Inevitable. After coming in a dismal third in her home state, she really had no choice.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 02:18:32 PM »
She did her job. If she'd have dropped out before super tuesday, Bernie would likely have won Maine, Massachusetts, and Texas.

Can't have Bernie showing up with the most delegates at the convention. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 03:40:14 PM »
She did her job. If she'd have dropped out before super tuesday, Bernie would likely have won Maine, Massachusetts, and Texas.

Can't have Bernie showing up with the most delegates at the convention. 

Then they'd have her stay in longer to keep Bernie from winning Michigan and other critical northern Midwestern primaries too. Although Biden winning Minnesota was telling.

I'm hoping she'll give the DNC the finger and endorse Bernie, just to keep the chaos going, and to weaken Biden. It'll be interesting to see how much Leftist vs. Establishment loyalty she has. Although the "You called me a liar" kerfuffle she started might make that difficult.
I promise not to duck.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2020, 09:07:49 PM »
Then they'd have her stay in longer to keep Bernie from winning Michigan and other critical northern Midwestern primaries too. Although Biden winning Minnesota was telling.

I'm hoping she'll give the DNC the finger and endorse Bernie, just to keep the chaos going, and to weaken Biden. It'll be interesting to see how much Leftist vs. Establishment loyalty she has. Although the "You called me a liar" kerfuffle she started might make that difficult.

I'm guessing she's waiting for one of them to make her an offer for VP slot, or at least some other cushy gig, before she endorses anyone. Bernie is much more likely to do so than Joe, so you'll probably get your wish.

Though, like you said, Bernie may still be pissed over how she tried to sandbag him, so it's possible Biden will make her an offer for a less important slot while Bernie doesn't offer anything. I don't think that's quite as likely, though, since Bernie is probably going need Warren's delegates to get him anywhere close to being over the top.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 10:09:20 PM »
I was reading the comments to the story on Fox News.  They were hilarious.

Several of them alluded to her Native American pretensions.  One of them referred to her Indian name as Pocohoe.  Another went with Gray Beaver. 

=D

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2020, 10:39:16 PM »
To quote Saysuncle,

"I feel sorry for Liz. This is the second time she’s had to leave a race."

Ouch
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 07:39:46 AM »
She will fight no more forever.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 08:12:30 AM »
She will fight no more forever.

That actually made me laugh out loud.

The only change I would make to that would be she will run no more forever...

In fact, I think that would be a fantastic caption on her photo... I will run no more forever...

Unfortunately the vast majority of people simply wouldn't get it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 08:20:26 AM »
Unfortunately the vast majority of people simply wouldn't get it.

Well, regular Joes might not get it...

I only got it because I've been reading books from that period of late.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 08:25:10 AM »
"Well, regular Joes might not get it..."

Unfortunately anymore most Americans don't even come up to the standard of average.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 08:37:17 AM »
"Well, regular Joes might not get it..."

Unfortunately anymore most Americans don't even come up to the standard of average.

That was by design. If you have no knowledge1 of the past, you have no idea what you've lost.

1: And what DO you know is wrong and biased
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought