Author Topic: Senator Schumer threatens Kavanaugh, Gorsuch  (Read 2324 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Senator Schumer threatens Kavanaugh, Gorsuch
« on: March 04, 2020, 10:02:15 PM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/chuck-schumer-threatens-kavanaugh-and-gorsuch-will-pay-the-price-if-they-rule-the-wrong-way

My hot take on this is, if the GOP wants to be rewarded with control of the Senate for another two years, they'd better censure the creep, at the very least.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Senator Schumer threatens Kavanaugh, Gorsuch
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 10:07:42 PM »
I've been watching the reaction  to his tirade.
Schumer will walk it back a little and claim his threat was misinterpreted or that he mis-spoke or similar, the MSM will denounce the right as fear mongering cretins and in a few days it'll be forgotten......squirrel Corona virus!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 10:42:06 PM »
I've been watching the reaction  to his tirade.
Schumer will walk it back a little and claim his threat was misinterpreted or that he mis-spoke or similar, the MSM will denounce the right as fear mongering cretins and in a few days it'll be forgotten......squirrel Corona virus!

Most likely.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 12:31:49 AM »
So I'm sure the same people who have spent the last three years denouncing extreme political rhetoric will no doubt condemn the Senate minority leader for leveling clear threats against two sitting associate justices of the Supreme Court of the United States. Any minute now they will point out that it is unconscionable that a Democratic leader would even joke about Kavanaugh and Gorsuch paying “the price” should they fail to rule in a manner he deems acceptable.

Any minute now ...

Any minute now …

[popcorn]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 04:36:00 AM »
Ha.  And he dares to use the term "fundamental rights."

:facepalm:   [barf]

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:05:17 AM by 230RN »

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 04:38:58 AM »
Double post
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:05:48 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 07:50:06 AM »
But Trump is the one who violates the precious norms, and is going to destroy our democracy...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »
I also wonder if he messed up and said that in public, what sort of things has he actually done when he wasn't recorded. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
I for one am finding it amusing watching some of the MSM attack Schumer for this.
Though I will say I think most of the attacks are more for revealing their mindset too openly than anything else.
Still amusing though. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 11:42:46 AM »
I saw one of the legal talking heads on Fox say that while it's illegal to threaten physical attack or harm on a judge, Schumer walked right up to that line and stopped just short of stepping over it. I suppose he could argue that by the threat he made he meant impeachment, and unless there's other evidence it would be difficult to prove - to actually prove - he meant anything else in court before a judge and jury.

It still merits censure, and that would only take a majority in the Senate. (Hello? GOP? Anyone listening?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2020, 12:19:17 PM »
I saw one of the legal talking heads on Fox say that while it's illegal to threaten physical attack or harm on a judge, Schumer walked right up to that line and stopped just short of stepping over it. I suppose he could argue that by the threat he made he meant impeachment, and unless there's other evidence it would be difficult to prove - to actually prove - he meant anything else in court before a judge and jury.

It still merits censure, and that would only take a majority in the Senate. (Hello? GOP? Anyone listening?)

As the Senate Minority Leader, for him to threaten impeachment or similar, to influence a judge's ruling, is much more an abuse of power than what he voted to convict the President on a month ago.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 12:23:00 PM »
I also wonder if he messed up and said that in public, what sort of things has he actually done when he wasn't recorded. 

Hi, Hillary? It's Chuck.

Hey, a favor. We need a couple of suicides...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2020, 12:36:40 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-senator-to-bring-motion-to-censure-schumer-democrat-suggests-he-step-down/
Senator To Bring Motion To Censure Schumer, Democrat Suggests He Step Down

Just a collection of statements from other Senators.  We will see if anything happens. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »
I'll be absolutely shocked if this goes anywhere.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 10:15:24 AM »
And Romney is threatening to derail the inquiry.  Not surprising given his ties to Burisma.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 10:18:53 AM »
I'll be absolutely shocked if this goes anywhere.

This

Now imagine the reaction if it was Mitch in the hotseat over this
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 12:06:36 PM »
And Romney is threatening to derail the inquiry.  Not surprising given his ties to Burisma.

I just parsed through Romney's twitter feed. Seems like most of his twitter followers are not from the party he claims to represent.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 01:54:46 PM »
I just parsed through Romney's twitter feed. Seems like most of his twitter followers are not from the party he falsely claims to represent.
FIFY.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 09:57:25 AM »
Schumer getting Red Flagged??? Nah, it will never happen but I can almost guarantee if one of us made a threat toward a sitting Judge (Federal, Supreme, Local) we would have probably already had a knock on the door. You know, the one made with a 40+ pound cylindrical object in the hands of a guy all dressed up like he is going to war.

https://gunowners.org/goa-to-ny-governor-will-you-apply-red-flag-laws-equally/

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 11:04:37 AM »
Schumer getting Red Flagged??? Nah, it will never happen but I can almost guarantee if one of us made a threat toward a sitting Judge (Federal, Supreme, Local) we would have probably already had a knock on the door. You know, the one made with a 40+ pound cylindrical object in the hands of a guy all dressed up like he is going to war.

https://gunowners.org/goa-to-ny-governor-will-you-apply-red-flag-laws-equally/

bob

As of 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, I can't access that link -- it times out. Either there are a lot of people trying to read that article or editorial or whatever it is, or the Democrats have launched a denial-of-service attack on GOA.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 11:19:35 AM »
As of 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, I can't access that link -- it times out. Either there are a lot of people trying to read that article or editorial or whatever it is, or the Democrats have launched a denial-of-service attack on GOA.

Works fine for me
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 12:16:05 PM »

As of 12:15 it works for me, too.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2020, 06:32:21 PM »
18:31 EST (2331Z)

Works for me.  So does a proper time format.   >:D :-*
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?