Author Topic: Alabama Senate moves to ban sex-change procedures for children.  (Read 3576 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

https://www.dailywire.com/news/alabama-takes-major-step-in-banning-hormone-blockers-transgender-surgeries-for-children

According to The Washington Times, Republican Sen. Shay Shelnutt’s bill, called the Vulnerable Child Compassion and Protection Act, seeks to “make it a felony for doctors and other medical providers to prescribe hormone blockers or surgeries for minors seeking to treat gender dysphoria.”

Shouldn't this already be the law everywhere?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Alabama Senate moves to ban sex-change procedures for children.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 12:05:42 AM »
It probably wont be too long till the loony leftards are advocating for in utero sex change therapy because they know their baby fetus lump of cells identifies as the "other" gender.
  :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:30:30 AM »
Same thing is going on here in Idaho. Interestingly, according to the Idaho Statesman, which I now believe is a commie front, all the big corporations here are against it, and I've been reading the semi-threat quotes of, "If Idaho passes this, we may have to look for a new HQ".

It's frightening to me that people are attempting to mainstream this as if it were nothing more than an allergy shot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 09:06:30 AM »
Same thing is going on here in Idaho. Interestingly, according to the Idaho Statesman, which I now believe is a commie front, all the big corporations here are against it, and I've been reading the semi-threat quotes of, "If Idaho passes this, we may have to look for a new HQ".

It's frightening to me that people are attempting to mainstream this as if it were nothing more than an allergy shot.
There are claims about that sort of thing every time one of the states wants to pass something non-PC.  I have never seen a follow up about how badly they were doing afterward.  Probably works about as well as most boycotts.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 09:07:24 AM »
If it passes I am sure leftist groups will sue the state.  I am curious how this will play out in court.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 09:11:39 AM »
If it passes I am sure leftist groups will sue the state.  I am curious how this will play out in court.

They don't have the .......     ;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:32:52 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:12 AM »

Because this is one of the unforeseen consequences of losing (or winning, depending on which side you were on) the gay marriage fight. Encourage the leftists and they will take the victory and move on to the next battle. ALWAYS fighting over new territory because it is about breaking down every vestige of the enemy's1 rules and culture, NOT about whatever they claim the purpose is. ("Fairness" "Equity" or whatever drivel is their newest slogan.)

1: That enemy being Christianity, Western Civilization, and, honestly, God Himself.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 12:38:49 PM »

This reminds me of Walmart threatening Arkansas over a religious freedom law (over allowing people to refuse to participate in in homosexual weddings).

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 01:53:56 PM »
Because this is one of the unforeseen consequences of losing (or winning, depending on which side you were on) the gay marriage fight. Encourage the leftists and they will take the victory and move on to the next battle. ALWAYS fighting over new territory because it is about breaking down every vestige of the enemy's1 rules and culture, NOT about whatever they claim the purpose is. ("Fairness" "Equity" or whatever drivel is their newest slogan.)

1: That enemy being Christianity, Western Civilization, and, honestly, God Himself.

This.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 05:54:59 PM »

They should tie the law to banning conversion therapy, too.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 08:27:09 PM »
They should tie the law to banning conversion therapy, too.

Heh. That would be interesting.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 08:26:27 AM »
Heh. That would be interesting.

Some politicians get this. Tie something the other side believes in to something you're for or against.    Give the other side the stick to beat themselves with.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 01:52:11 AM »
Some politicians get this. Tie something the other side believes in to something you're for or against.    Give the other side the stick to beat themselves with.

It's often an effective tactic -- the so-called "poison pill" amendment. The downside is that it makes a mockery out of the legislative process, because issues don't get discussed and voted on based on their merits. I have long felt that poison pill amendments shouldn't be allowed, but too many lawkaers like them ffor my dream to ever be realized.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 07:59:37 AM »
It's often an effective tactic -- the so-called "poison pill" amendment. The downside is that it makes a mockery out of the legislative process, because issues don't get discussed and voted on based on their merits. I have long felt that poison pill amendments shouldn't be allowed, but too many lawkaers like them ffor my dream to ever be realized.

I'm okay with a serious reduction in the pace of new laws being passed. 
JD

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 09:19:04 AM »
I'm okay with a serious reduction in the pace of new laws being passed.  
Maybe require 5 old laws be removed for every new one.  ...or maybe ten.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 10:11:36 AM »

Our current governor did something similar when he got in, and also went nuclear on old regulations. We're supposedly the least regulated state right now, if our commie newspaper is accurately reporting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »

Even just sunset clauses.  No law should be on the books for more than a few years without being voted on again to keep it.
JD

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 10:55:13 AM »
I'm going to get some hate from you guys for this...

But now is NOT the time for this stuff.

Now is not the time for pro or anti abortion legislaton, pro or anti gun legislation, pro or anti sex conversion legislation, or really anything else.

A bill like this, or a gun control bill, or an abortion bill, or whatever... will draw out protesters and supporters in large droves.  Right now there are various State of Emergency decrees by a few Governors, and we're looking at something similar coming from FedGuv soon probably.

Any politician working on ANYTHING that groups could feel passionate about, should be ASHAMED for bringing it out in the midst of a communicable disease pandemic.  And removed from office.

Introduce the bill in 6 months when this is over.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 11:07:42 AM »
I'm going to get some hate from you guys for this...

But now is NOT the time for this stuff.

Now is not the time for pro or anti abortion legislaton, pro or anti gun legislation, pro or anti sex conversion legislation, or really anything else.

A bill like this, or a gun control bill, or an abortion bill, or whatever... will draw out protesters and supporters in large droves.  Right now there are various State of Emergency decrees by a few Governors, and we're looking at something similar coming from FedGuv soon probably.

Any politician working on ANYTHING that groups could feel passionate about, should be ASHAMED for bringing it out in the midst of a communicable disease pandemic.  And removed from office.

Introduce the bill in 6 months when this is over.
First, it was probably introduced before all this started. 

Second, the last thing we want is all the politicians in this country working on "fixing" the pandemic.  They would just make it worse.  Probably just do futile gestures and pork spending. 

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »
They could always, you know, do nothing?

Especially since the feedback loop is effectively closed if they do something particularly offensive.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 11:22:52 AM »
They could always, you know, do nothing?

Especially since the feedback loop is effectively closed if they do something particularly offensive.
Doing nothing would be great.  It is the best course of action right now.  If the state and federal health agencies can't handle it right now, they are not likely to get better because some new law was passed. 

Another reason I think it is a bad idea to keep legislative bodies in session year round. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 09:48:45 AM »
Ran across this article and thought about the atrocities being commited upon children by some in the healthcare industry.

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/i-was-americas-first-nonbinary-person-it-was-all-sham?fbclid=IwAR32QMGEFP-Rrt7ezPYf75WUQV1DGtj6zj5LKGqIXGADz3k6volxCix-TqU

Libertarianism always ends up hurting the weak and vulnerable in the name of freedom.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2020, 10:45:15 AM »
Ran across this article and thought about the atrocities being commited upon children by some in the healthcare industry.

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/i-was-americas-first-nonbinary-person-it-was-all-sham?fbclid=IwAR32QMGEFP-Rrt7ezPYf75WUQV1DGtj6zj5LKGqIXGADz3k6volxCix-TqU

Libertarianism always ends up hurting the weak and vulnerable in the name of freedom.

Thank you for the link.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 05:01:42 PM »

From the article:

The medical community is so afraid of the trans community that they’re now afraid to give someone Blanchard’s diagnosis. Trans men are winning in medicine, and they’ve won the battle for language.

Think of the word “transvestite.” They’ve succeeded in making it a vulgar word, even though it just means men dressing like women. People are no longer allowed to tell the truth about men like me. Everyone now has to call us transgender instead.

Finally! Affirmation! I have maintained all along that men who wear women's clothing but still have male parts are not "transgender," they are transvestites.