Poll

How many people do you know who have tested positive.

38 (48.7%)
9 (11.5%)
7 (9%)
3-5
6 (7.7%)
6 +
8 (10.3%)
I know of someone through a trusted source I personally know
8 (10.3%)
I have first hand knowledge of someone one through my job
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus  (Read 55743 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus
« Reply #525 on: November 23, 2020, 05:05:28 PM »
" I'm smart and I want respect!"

You've come to the wrong place for that, princess...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #526 on: November 23, 2020, 10:09:09 PM »
"Staying Home" from the beginning didn't mean lock yourself in your house and have food & sundries dropped off on your front porch. It meant don't participate in events where there is large groups of people and one is unable to social distance. Such as concerts, sporting events, crowded restaurants/bars, big weddings, etc.

Except that's not how it has been mandated in many areas. Remember the guy in Kalifornia that got busted for being out on the ocean on a paddle board...all by himself, with the only people that he got close to were the cops that arrested him. That was the norm in far too much of the country and it is what they are trying to push even now with some places trying to mandate people wear mask even in their own home.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #527 on: November 23, 2020, 10:53:34 PM »
" I'm smart and I want respect!"

You've come to the wrong place for that, princess...

I only come here for the occasional updates on whether you're in or out of the HOA.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #528 on: November 23, 2020, 10:56:53 PM »
"Staying Home" from the beginning didn't mean lock yourself in your house and have food & sundries dropped off on your front porch. It meant don't participate in events where there is large groups of people and one is unable to social distance. Such as concerts, sporting events, crowded restaurants/bars, big weddings, etc.

Some glaring omissions in your list, man. Staying home from work, school, church, race riots, fascist marches, etc. Sure, those fit the description of large groupings, but let's not downplay what people have given up.  

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #529 on: November 23, 2020, 11:16:44 PM »
Except that's not how it has been mandated in many areas. Remember the guy in Kalifornia that got busted for being out on the ocean on a paddle board...all by himself, with the only people that he got close to were the cops that arrested him. That was the norm in far too much of the country and it is what they are trying to push even now with some places trying to mandate people wear mask even in their own home.

I don't live in those areas (or plan too) and the majority there elected their own  leaders.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #530 on: November 24, 2020, 07:17:08 AM »
I only come here for the occasional updates on whether you're in or out of the HOA.  =)

"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

Oliver Cromwell, president of his HOA.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #531 on: November 24, 2020, 09:51:40 AM »
Hey Ben, how are you feeling this morning?

Do we have to send in a special team to get Steve out of the hot zone?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #532 on: November 24, 2020, 10:14:55 AM »
Hey Ben, how are you feeling this morning?

Do we have to send in a special team to get Steve out of the hot zone?

Thanks for asking. Feeling about the same as yesterday except the chills seem to have subsided. Low energy today though. I tire out walking from one room to the next.  :lol:

Still waiting for the test results. I think Steve is okay. He might be a little mad at me as I'm keeping him outside a lot during the day and if I wake up at night and find him on the bed, I'm making him go back to his own bed. As much for me getting some rest as for him not getting the China virus. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #533 on: November 24, 2020, 10:59:49 AM »
He's on the bed with you to make sure you're safe and secure and watched over.

You're interfering with his primary duty, you heartless bastard!  :rofl:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #534 on: November 24, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »
He's on the bed with you to make sure you're safe and secure and watched over.

You're interfering with his primary duty, you heartless bastard!  :rofl:

I think he actually is. Usually when he decides to jump on the bed, I find him curled up next to me, usually in the leg area. The last two nights I woke up and his head was on my chest.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #535 on: November 24, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »
I think he actually is. Usually when he decides to jump on the bed, I find him curled up next to me, usually in the leg area. The last two nights I woke up and his head was on my chest.

He definitely is.

Last time I was good and sick Seren stayed on the bed with me, with her head on my chest or leg, for most of the day. Other dogs in my life have also done that, as well. They're protecting/defending/comforting a sick member of the pack; in this case, the pack leader. Let him do his job.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #536 on: November 24, 2020, 01:00:18 PM »
Let him do his job.

I will. As long as he doesn't charge me overtime.  :laugh:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #537 on: November 24, 2020, 01:02:18 PM »
Dogs have actually been shown to suffer undue amounts of stress when they are unable to care for their sick human.

In other words, screw your comfort, Pink Monkey, stop interfering with your dog's job!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #538 on: November 24, 2020, 02:20:48 PM »
I will. As long as he doesn't charge me overtime.  :laugh:

You ahole capitalist overload. I hope he bites your nads.  =D
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #539 on: November 24, 2020, 02:38:18 PM »
You ahole capitalist overload. I hope he bites your nads.  =D

A$$hole Capitalist Overload is a band name.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #540 on: November 24, 2020, 03:18:38 PM »
A$$hole Capitalist Overload is a band name.

I, for one, hail our new ahole Capitalist Overloads.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #541 on: November 25, 2020, 08:27:45 AM »
Great news guys! I tested positive!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #542 on: November 25, 2020, 08:46:26 AM »
How are you feeling?

Last night I had a conversation with a coworker who was out with the wuflu recently.

If it wasn't for contact tracing and then getting tested she would have never guessed she had it, her symptoms were incredibly mild. Her boyfriend picked it up in a bar.

In a normal year she said she would have just come to work as she didn't feel sick enough to justify calling in sick.

Hopefully your infection mirrors her experience!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:57:48 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #543 on: November 25, 2020, 08:52:05 AM »
How are you feeling?

Still pretty similar to having a moderate case of the flu. Body aches, headache, super tired, etc. I will say that I woke up last night with shortness of breath and was unable to breathe well laying in bed. I moved to my recliner and spent the rest of the night there with my upper body slightly elevated, and that relieved the symptoms.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #544 on: November 25, 2020, 09:01:47 AM »
Still pretty similar to having a moderate case of the flu. Body aches, headache, super tired, etc. I will say that I woke up last night with shortness of breath and was unable to breathe well laying in bed. I moved to my recliner and spent the rest of the night there with my upper body slightly elevated, and that relieved the symptoms.

She is in her 20's, they seem to fare better symptom wise than those who are more seasoned  ;)

Received another email from work last night, another teammate tested positive.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #545 on: November 25, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »
Rescue team 1, stand by to extract Steve from the hot zone!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #546 on: November 25, 2020, 03:18:35 PM »
Rescue team 1, stand by to extract Steve from the hot zone!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

He'll be fine. He's already locked me out of the house. I just peeked in the window and saw he was sitting in my recliner, drinking my beer, and watching Dog TV.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #547 on: November 25, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
^^^It is good that Ben is reminded of his place on the food chain.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #548 on: November 25, 2020, 06:04:02 PM »
He definitely is.

Last time I was good and sick Seren stayed on the bed with me, with her head on my chest or leg, for most of the day. Other dogs in my life have also done that, as well. They're protecting/defending/comforting a sick member of the pack; in this case, the pack leader. Let him do his job.

My Lab mix was so excited about me coming home just now, she kept following me around with her big, excited mouth hanging open, and that look in her eyes. I felt like a prey animal.  :lol:

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: November 25, 2020, 11:28:14 PM »
Hope you kick this one with ease, Ben.  We're all rooting for you.  =)

My covid test came back negative.  Still feels like I have a very mild head cold, which is probably what I have.  However, the fact that I caught it tells me that I'm really not being careful enough in covid world.  =|  Time to reflect on recent decisions.