Poll

How many people do you know who have tested positive.

38 (48.7%)
9 (11.5%)
7 (9%)
3-5
6 (7.7%)
6 +
8 (10.3%)
I know of someone through a trusted source I personally know
8 (10.3%)
I have first hand knowledge of someone one through my job
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus  (Read 55325 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus
« Reply #350 on: September 14, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »
Glad you're on the mend!

If you were negative do they have any idea else it was?

Take care of yourself man.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #351 on: September 14, 2020, 09:37:11 AM »
Glad you're on the mend!

If you were negative do they have any idea else it was?

Take care of yourself man.

Pretty sure it was kung flu, my sister works at the lab in the local hospital, and said the nasal test they use usually comes back 30-50% wrong, both false pos, and false neg.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #352 on: September 14, 2020, 04:07:04 PM »
One of my grandson's freshman classmates has tested positive. My grandson was "exposed" so he has been sent home for "quarantine".
However, his younger brother is required to continue to attend 2nd grade class as normal.
 :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2020, 08:59:55 AM »
Had to update my vote again.

The guy that sits across from me in the office got tested on Friday, and got the positive results this morning.

I have an appointment to get swabbed in about an hour.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »
One of my grandson's freshman classmates has tested positive. My grandson was "exposed" so he has been sent home for "quarantine".
However, his younger brother is required to continue to attend 2nd grade class as normal.

The second part of that is the first reaction by "authorities" I've read that actually makes sense. Everything I've read is that children are neither vectors nor suffer from the disease.1 The second grader should be heading to school unless he become symptomatic.

1: By that I mean that they don't tend to get symptoms. They tend to be either asymptomatic or with very mild symptoms. YES, there are exceptions as a very few children have died from the Wuhan coronavirus, but this disease is less deadly than the flu for children.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2020, 10:23:54 AM »
Same situation here.
My oldest was in a class that was exposed and has been doing e-learning for her quarantine.  My youngest is still attending.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #356 on: September 21, 2020, 05:39:19 PM »
Had to update my vote again.

The guy that sits across from me in the office got tested on Friday, and got the positive results this morning.

I have an appointment to get swabbed in about an hour.

RIP your sinuses.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #357 on: September 21, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »
It wasn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Also, since Mrs. Mush works for a local hospital,  I slid into the "healthcare worker expedited line" and got my results in about 4.5 hrs.

So far negative.  We are monitoring for symptom onset.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #358 on: September 23, 2020, 04:42:14 AM »
My cousin, 911 operator in upstate NY now has it.  He got it from a coworker that was ordered to come into work despite having tested positive. And my wife's cousin got it, along with the rest of his family, as his mother is a covid denier, despite literally being in one of the original hot spots just north of NYC who had followed no guidelines and got sick, then got the rest of the house sick, who did go and get tested.  Thankfully none are hospitalization level sick and I hope it also passes through them without reaching that level. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #359 on: September 23, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »
Older duck hunting buddy is in a 2 week quarantine at the VA hospital.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #360 on: September 23, 2020, 04:36:55 PM »
HS friend was just admitted to the hospital for a bad covid infection. He tested positive 13 days ago and apparently he's not doing well.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #361 on: September 25, 2020, 03:01:11 PM »
My Aunt is positive with symptoms, sounds like my cousin is too.

Uranus is a gas giant.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #362 on: September 25, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
Daughter's roommate just tested positive.  Daughter will get tested tomorrow.  And us too, eventually, I'm sure.

---edit to add--

Daughter is negative.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 12:10:32 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2020, 03:21:52 PM »
HS friend was just admitted to the hospital for a bad covid infection. He tested positive 13 days ago and apparently he's not doing well.

Got a message from my friend, blood clots in his lungs from covid.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2020, 05:12:23 PM »
A friend of my mom's just passed. 80s; gone in less than two weeks. The rest of her family is hospitalized; daughter, SIL and grandchildren.  My Mom said this makes it feel real.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2020, 08:35:27 PM »
    I was really sick the week of Valentines day. I think it was the rona but am not going to get tested, heck with big brother.
 a few friends had the rona's in San Francisco, at work, three new guys claim to have had it in April and May.
 The folks I talked to said they were real sick for a week but otherwise just fine
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #366 on: September 27, 2020, 09:25:49 AM »
My Aunt is positive with symptoms, sounds like my cousin is too.

This morning's message, cousin is positive, probably his wife and kiddo. My Uncle too.

Uranus is a gas giant.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #367 on: September 27, 2020, 10:04:56 AM »
Daughter's roommate just tested positive.  Daughter will get tested tomorrow.  And us too, eventually, I'm sure.

---edit to add--

Daughter is negative.

And daughter's (now ex-) roomie turns out to be positive but totally asymptomatic.  Would never have known if one of roomie's friends hadn't come down with it.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2020, 08:19:40 AM »
My brother the nurse, in a Facebook comment:

Are you still working with Covid patients?
Occasionally. The number of covid patients is not quite but almost zero now. Back in April we had a full house in hospital every night, but it dropped off gradually in May-June and has not been bad since then. Someone on my unit has one most nights. We still check everyone that cmes in the door.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2020, 08:31:45 AM »
The main number I've been paying attention to is actual hospitalizations.

The use of the word "cases" in the media is propagandist lies designed to instill fear. They are calling all positive tests "cases" as if they were active infections in people under a doctors care.

From the hospitalizations numbers it is looking promising but we are heading into flu season, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2020, 10:40:46 AM »
The main number I've been paying attention to is actual hospitalizations.

The use of the word "cases" in the media is propagandist lies designed to instill fear. They are calling all positive tests "cases" as if they were active infections in people under a doctors care.

From the hospitalizations numbers it is looking promising but we are heading into flu season, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

I'm calling no second wave.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2020, 10:54:47 AM »
Interesting article that was in my Book of Faces feed....https://bgr.com/2020/09/26/coronavirus-cure-icam-protocol-florida
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #372 on: September 28, 2020, 11:28:51 AM »
I'm calling no second wave.

IF we had allowed those at extremely low risk from the disease to have gone about their business normally and protected the vulnerable, we'd be through this already.

There isn't going to be a "second wave" because we've been dragging the first wave out for 6 months. (Two weeks to flatten the curve!!!)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #373 on: September 28, 2020, 11:34:16 AM »
You guys know you can get it twice, right?  It's not chicken pox.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
You guys know you can get it twice, right?  It's not chicken pox.

I didn't know this.  I was under the impression that having the virus conferred immunity.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht