Poll

How many people do you know who have tested positive.

38 (48.7%)
9 (11.5%)
7 (9%)
3-5
6 (7.7%)
6 +
8 (10.3%)
I know of someone through a trusted source I personally know
8 (10.3%)
I have first hand knowledge of someone one through my job
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus  (Read 55606 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus
« Reply #425 on: October 28, 2020, 09:10:36 PM »
Take Vitamin D3 of you can get it.

Take 2 a day already
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #426 on: October 30, 2020, 08:28:33 AM »
30 day poll.
You can change your count as situation changes.
Only count those you have met personally unless otherwise indicated.
We're a pretty small sample spread out throughout the country but it may be interesting.
We can discuss local cases to us but counts are only for personally known friends, family or acquantences.

Ratcheted up one.

Got an email from a customer, about a quote I'd mostly forgot about.  When can I set up X?  I've been laid up for a while with "the virus", etc.   I assume "the virus" here is the China Flu.

Small town police chief, I'd guess him to be about 10 years younger than me, mid-50s.

(It's been long enough I'll need to recheck pricing and availability.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #427 on: October 30, 2020, 08:33:56 AM »
So much for the 30 day window  =D

I'm still surprised (pleasantly) at how few people I know who have actually been infected.

Considering I live in the third most populous region of the country just outside one our largest cities I would have expected to know of more "cases".

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #428 on: October 30, 2020, 09:39:53 AM »
Tell me about it. I know one person, my nephew, who has had it.

Of course, to hear some talking about it (you know who I mean) every person in the US has had it 7 times and died 9 times, and everyone of them caught it at a Trump rally, because everyone knows street protests don't spread it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #429 on: October 30, 2020, 09:41:08 AM »
I know of a family that had a birthday party and it turned into a super spreader event amongst the family.  There were 3 couples that were not invited to the party and they are 'Rona free.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #430 on: October 30, 2020, 09:47:58 AM »
I know of a family that had a birthday party and it turned into a super spreader event amongst the family.  There were 3 couples that were not invited to the party and they are 'Rona free.

Everybody from that event is OK I hope.

Fall/winter is obviously the big flu season so I expect we'll be hearing more stories about gatherings where people pick it up.

The good news is we flattened the curve (and then some) and hospitals have figured out the best protocols for handling those who really get knocked down. Bad outcomes even among the high risk are going down.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 30, 2020, 01:59:38 PM »
The wife's test came back NEGATIVE, mine will probably be negative as well.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #432 on: October 30, 2020, 02:07:11 PM »
The wife's test came back NEGATIVE, mine will probably be negative as well.

Great news!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #433 on: October 30, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »
And, ah, one more.   Local gun shop (one guy and his son) is self isolating for a couple weeks.  
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:14:22 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #434 on: October 30, 2020, 05:37:51 PM »
Got a message from the assistant pastor of my church a couple of days ago. He were supposed to meet for lunch this week. However ... the sexton tested positive, so both the pastor and assistant pastor are now in quarantine for two weeks. The church had only recently gone back to live services. Now it's back to virtual mass on Facebook. Except previously they celebrated the mass in the empty church -- now they'll be celebrating the mass from home.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2020, 08:20:48 PM »
I feel exhausted, not hungry and have a dry cough. The wife is freaking saying I need to go get a test. I'm like I am always exhausted I have lukemia and the cough might be smoking for 36 years.

I told her I'm headed for the cabin and see how I feel tomorrow.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #436 on: November 01, 2020, 07:32:01 AM »
I feel exhausted, not hungry and have a dry cough. The wife is freaking saying I need to go get a test. I'm like I am always exhausted I have lukemia and the cough might be smoking for 36 years.

I told her I'm headed for the cabin and see how I feel tomorrow.

Take care and get yourself in to the doc if you have flu/cv19 type symptoms.

They've learned a lot since the early days on how to treat it and the flu season is practically non existent so far, probably from all the ppe/social distancing and the aggressive monitoring and treatment who show flu like symptoms. 

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #437 on: November 03, 2020, 06:02:23 PM »
Been going pretty good the last few days with no one I know being covid positive, then I got 10 messages today from friends and family in Iowa who are covid positive. One is livid she is unable to vote, can't get out bed to even do a drive up vote.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 04, 2020, 04:16:05 AM »
Had ANOTHER Covid-19 test today that I should have the results for by Wednesday. I went to my GI appointment at the VA Tuesday and they want to Endoscope me Thursday and possibly do another Botox injection while they are in there seeing as my Achalasia of Esophagus is kicking back up again.

Weeeeeee!  :old:
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #439 on: November 04, 2020, 05:03:30 PM »
"another Botox injection"

BAH! Too expensive!

Here, eat this jar of home canned green beans. Don't mind the bulging lid, they're just eager to meet you.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 04, 2020, 09:56:36 PM »
"another Botox injection"

BAH! Too expensive!

Here, eat this jar of home canned green beans. Don't mind the bulging lid, they're just eager to meet you.

Hey, it's the VA, for all I know, that's where they get it from!  ;)
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #441 on: November 05, 2020, 10:00:02 AM »
Found out my niece tested positive.  I was told all she had was some loss of smell and a 99 F fever.  Apparently someone at her work tested positive, but didn't say anything right away.  She had a second test to confirm.  She is 19 so I don't expect anything more serious. 

So my brother and his wife were likely exposed.  My parents saw her the week prior, but they don't think she had it at that time.  Now I am trying to decide if I should go visit this weekend or probably wait at least a week. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #442 on: November 05, 2020, 10:21:27 AM »
Another HS classmate tested positive this AM in the ER. She's not the healthiest person, sad to say I'm giving her 50/50 if she survives it if it goes bad.

It's spreading like wildfire in IA, MN, IL and WI.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #443 on: November 05, 2020, 11:25:17 AM »
Found out my niece tested positive.  I was told all she had was some loss of smell and a 99 F fever.  Apparently someone at her work tested positive, but didn't say anything right away.  She had a second test to confirm.  She is 19 so I don't expect anything more serious.  

So my brother and his wife were likely exposed.  My parents saw her the week prior, but they don't think she had it at that time.  Now I am trying to decide if I should go visit this weekend or probably wait at least a week.  

If she tested positive, you definitely should NOT visit. If you do, under the rules of many states you would be considered to have been exposed and you should self-quarantine for two weeks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 08:55:54 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #444 on: November 05, 2020, 11:28:24 AM »
If she tested p[ositive, you definitely should NOT visit. If you do, under the rules of many states you would be considered to have been exposed and you should self-quarantine for two weeks.

I think it's his parents he's visiting, not the niece.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #445 on: November 05, 2020, 11:38:01 AM »
"Now I am trying to decide if I should go visit this weekend or probably wait at least a week."

Yeah... no.

Unless, of course, your goal in life is to become the next Typhoid Mary...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #446 on: November 05, 2020, 02:34:53 PM »
"Now I am trying to decide if I should go visit this weekend or probably wait at least a week."

Yeah... no.

Unless, of course, your goal in life is to become the next Typhoid Mary...
Typhoid Mark maybe?  I am not prepared to become a Mary.  

I will probably put off visiting for a week and make sure everything is okay.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #447 on: November 05, 2020, 02:35:57 PM »
It was an analogy.

What you do with your swizzle stick is your own business...  :rofl:

grampster

• friend
« Reply #448 on: November 05, 2020, 05:37:26 PM »
Our DIL, oldest son's wife, tested positive a couple days ago.  She is a therapist at a rehab hospital and has been required to work with Covid patients who have been hospitalized and now need therapy.  She's been sick for couple days...fever, achy, no taste or smell, feeling weak.  She said today the symptoms are not particularly bad.  Our son and her son live with her and now are quarantined as well.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #449 on: November 06, 2020, 10:56:21 AM »
Just an anecdote to add:  My niece caught the Covid at work where she wears a mask all day.  The teacher/coworker who had it was also wearing a mask.  No other information than that.  Just thought I would mention it.  She is working at a day care.  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:11:55 PM by MechAg94 »