Author Topic: If you were forced to choose...  (Read 3829 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
If you were forced to choose...
« on: March 15, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »
...and you had to choose, and had no other choice, would you vote for Sanders or Biden for President?

And why?

I'd go with Sanders because he would be much less likely to inadvertently start a nuclear war. Also he doesn't seem like he's a globalist-corporatist type. I haven't checked that out about him, it seems unlikely given his stated views though. However Biden is obviously in lockstep with those folks.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: If you were forced to choose...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 02:35:59 PM »
...and you had to choose, and had no other choice, would you vote for Sanders or Biden for President?

And why?

I'd go with Sanders because he would be much less likely to inadvertently start a nuclear war. Also he doesn't seem like he's a globalist-corporatist type. I haven't checked that out about him, it seems unlikely given his stated views though. However Biden is obviously in lockstep with those folks.

Who is the vice prez on the ticket? 
"It's good, though..."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 02:41:09 PM »
Sanders. Had it been Trump Sanders in 16 I might have voted Sanders. I hate him, just to be clear. I would be voting for him to be ineffectual. He has no party, no political capital. I would be hoping the backswing against him would install a good small l right libertarian type and a red congress. Problem is international, every time the world sees a pansy in office here they go nuts. When they get rid of Trump this fall I expect to see Russia completely in Ukraine, a massive flex from China, standard shitshow from the norks and god knows what in the sandbox. In 16 I figure Hillary would nuke someone if necessary just to prove she wasn't weak.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 02:44:46 PM »

For Sanders probably Warren, for Biden probably someone out of the Obama orbit.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 02:52:32 PM »
I think Sanders would be much more damaging and I would be inclined to say him, just because four years later there would be like a 90% Republican majority in both houses along with an R President. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 03:34:10 PM »

This.

I'm thinking Biden for the entertainment value, including the fun of watching his party (especially the media) trying to keep him in line and defend all his fumbles. And fondles.

Then again, I expect Sanders would do a terrible job of leading the Democratic Party, or working with even a Democrat-controlled  Congress.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »
Sanders. Had it been Trump Sanders in 16 I might have voted Sanders. I hate him, just to be clear. I would be voting for him to be ineffectual. He has no party, no political capital. I would be hoping the backswing against him would install a good small l right libertarian type and a red congress. Problem is international, every time the world sees a pansy in office here they go nuts. When they get rid of Trump this fall I expect to see Russia completely in Ukraine, a massive flex from China, standard shitshow from the norks and god knows what in the sandbox. In 16 I figure Hillary would nuke someone if necessary just to prove she wasn't weak.

Tough call, but I think I agree with this analysis. Biden would become a puppet for the DNC and their anti-America agenda.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 03:56:04 PM »
Sanders. Had it been Trump Sanders in 16 I might have voted Sanders.
I wonder who his SC nominations would have been.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 04:56:22 PM »
I'd vote for Sanders.  We'd get 4 years of nothing being done by the .fed gov.  That is good.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 05:42:04 PM »
Sanders.

Because the howls from Reddit when he just BTFO'd in November would be hilarious.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 05:58:22 PM »
Like asking if you would rather get bit by a cobra or a black mamba
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 06:40:17 PM »
No that's easier.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 09:15:48 PM »
Given that choice I think I'd most likely eat a gun.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 11:21:05 PM »
Given that choice I think I'd most likely eat a gun.

Well either that or Rosie O'Donnell     [barf]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 11:27:17 PM »
Oh no, I'm eating a gun long before I eat rosie.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 11:47:59 PM »
Well either that or Rosie O'Donnell     [barf]
Well, both Biden and Bernie indicated their VP choice would likely be a woman, and Rosie sort of qualifies . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 07:57:09 AM »
I’m convinced Biden has some serious issues mentally. Don’t know if just older age or dementia. If he was the Biden from 15 to 20 years ago he wouldn’t be that much different a choice than Romney or McCain were, which were also less than desirable choices.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 08:23:40 AM »
Apparently in the debate last night, Biden was calling the beer virus "swine flu", while Bernie was calling it "the Ebola".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 08:57:29 AM »
Would Biden bring in a bunch of Obama cronies?  I think Biden would be very very corrupt. 

I don't know if Bernie would be corrupt, but the "progressives" he appoints would be. 

This choice is a good example of the Turd Sandwich versus the Giant Dousche. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 09:02:35 AM »
I also just read that Biden said he would immediately make 11 million illegals US citizens, and he would immediately stop all oil drilling on Federal lands.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 10:40:06 AM »
Literally forced to choose?

I would fight and attempt to kill whomever was forcing me to make that choice, as many of their faction as possible.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 10:40:39 AM »
"and he would immediately stop all oil drilling on Federal lands."

Because he HATES the fact that we DID drill our way to lower oil prices...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 10:42:37 AM »
"and he would immediately stop all oil drilling on Federal lands."

Because he HATES the fact that we DID drill our way to lower oil prices...

Also, comment I read elsewhere: How does he think (for instance) stuff like the medical equipment used for the beer flu is made? Lets further rely on foreign governments to provide our essential services and components.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 10:43:50 AM »
Well, both Biden and Bernie indicated their VP choice would likely be a woman, and Rosie sort of qualifies . . .

Minor planets have genders now?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes