Author Topic: If you were forced to choose...  (Read 3811 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: If you were forced to choose...
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 12:58:55 PM »
Minor planets have genders now?

It's called "choice," you fascist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »
"and he would immediately stop all oil drilling on Federal lands."

Because he HATES the fact that we DID drill our way to lower oil prices...
Not just lower prices, but oil independence and, unexpectedly, lower carbon emissions.  We are exporting Liquified Natural Gas (the LNG facility in Freeport, TX here is online and filling tankers).  That means we have "oil money" coming into the US, not just going out. 

We are oil independent for the first time in my life.  It seems to me we should have been here years ago.  I remember all the debate back during the Bush administration about opening those Alaskan oil fields.  I heard liberals saying it would take 5 years to get oil from them so why bother.  This is why.  Russia and Saudi Arabia are arguing about oil and it doesn't seem to affect us a great deal.  That is a huge change from 20 years ago.

The idea that any candidate would willingly shut that down and go back to the old oil dependence is just nuts.  It is anti-American. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 07:19:11 PM »
I also just read that Biden said he would immediately make 11 million illegals US citizens, and he would immediately stop all oil drilling on Federal lands.

He also said he'd open the borders of the USA for his first hundred days.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 02:39:04 PM »
...just nuts.  It is anti-American. 

You've just described the perfect left-wing candidate!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2020, 05:43:16 PM »
Not just lower prices, but oil independence and, unexpectedly, lower carbon emissions.  We are exporting Liquified Natural Gas (the LNG facility in Freeport, TX here is online and filling tankers).  That means we have "oil money" coming into the US, not just going out. 

We are oil independent for the first time in my life.  It seems to me we should have been here years ago.  I remember all the debate back during the Bush administration about opening those Alaskan oil fields.  I heard liberals saying it would take 5 years to get oil from them so why bother.  This is why.  Russia and Saudi Arabia are arguing about oil and it doesn't seem to affect us a great deal.  That is a huge change from 20 years ago.

The idea that any candidate would willingly shut that down and go back to the old oil dependence is just nuts.  It is anti-American.   It is progressive Democrat.

FTFY
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2020, 08:08:52 AM »
Sanders.  I mean...at this point...*expletive deleted*ck it.  I've always wondered what Solyent Green tastes like.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2020, 10:46:35 PM »
It tastes like chicken. Dumbass. 😱
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
Forced to choose dear leader? ;/

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 10:39:19 AM »
It tastes like chicken. Dumbass. 😱

That's what the machines want you to think
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2020, 11:16:29 AM »
Well if Covid-19 goes really bad, people are going to elect the non incumbent. We may be stuck with Biden/Cuomo whether we like it or not.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536