Author Topic: COVID19 predictions  (Read 42408 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
COVID19 predictions
« on: March 17, 2020, 01:32:30 PM »
Time to log your predictions!

How do you predict the future of this pandemic to go?  What further actions will governments in the US and world take?  How long will the various measures be in effect for?  What supply shortages will be most critical?  What will the longer term economic damage be? 

Rub your crystal ball and tell us, how do you see this playing out?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: COVID19 predictions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 01:35:42 PM »
Well, I just saw the money we're throwing at it, including stimulus, has now gone from Trump's original 2 billion to 850 billion. I need some time to think about the effects of that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 01:52:33 PM »
We're all dead! DEAD!

Whoo Hoo Floo is going to kill us all!

Game over, man! Game over!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 02:06:33 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »

Time to log your predictions!

How do you predict the future of this pandemic to go? Worse than anyone thinks.

What further actions will governments in the US and world take? Lockdowns, Quarantines, and Building more incinerators.

How long will the various measures be in effect for?  What supply shortages will be most critical? Food, medications- 20% of our population is on psychiatrist prescribed drugs.
 What will the longer term economic damage be?  Not Sure, Fed already cut rates to ZERO- that was a desperation move. The entire healthcare sector dealing with senior citizens is going to collapse. Not sure we will recognize the economy in today's terms when its all over.

Rub your crystal ball and tell us, how do you see this playing out? Die off larger than we've seen in generations. Lingering and crippling issues caused by the virus- chronic health problems due to organ damage, rapid decline and death upon later upon reinfection, fertility issues due to testicular lesions caused by the virus.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I've been wrong about much as its played out so far.
Keep an eye on Italy- its like looking 2 weeks into our own future.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 02:39:50 PM »
Die off larger than we've seen in generations. Lingering and crippling issues caused by the virus- chronic health problems due to organ damage, rapid decline and death upon later upon reinfection, fertility issues due to testicular lesions caused by the virus.

:O ??? :O

Wow.  First I've heard of this.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 02:42:07 PM »

Eventually.

The Stand this ain't.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 02:52:29 PM »
Eventually.

The Stand this ain't.

Sarcasm doesn't always come through correctly on a forum
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 03:01:33 PM »
I am going to predict that over 5 million people in the US die from Covid-19 or Covid-19 related illness before this is all over.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 03:12:05 PM »
I am going to predict that over 5 million people in the US die from Covid-19 or Covid-19 related illness before this is all over.
"Before this is all over"?  When would that be?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 03:14:21 PM »

Over? When would it be over?

It's not over until we say it's over!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends

Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 03:22:44 PM »
My bets:

1.  Airlines grounded by next Monday, March 23rd.  Probably lasts 1 week.
2.  Other mass transit gets similar restrictions.  Trains, subways, buses.  But less scrutiny.  Workers gotta work.
3.  Another/continuing run on stores for short and long-term needs.
4.  A few riots/mobs/mob theft in high density population areas.
5.  The country basically shuts down for two weeks, March 23 to April 6.  Soft reboot from there.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 03:24:29 PM »

Let's pick Sept 3, 2020.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 03:52:27 PM »
5 million dead in the U.S. by September?
And I thought I was pessimistic.  :O

My only prediction at the moment is that this will drag on much longer (both the pandemic, partial shutdown & the economic downturn) than most people think.
We will be adjusting to a "new normal" into next year, economic recovery will be slow and the deficit is going to explode.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 03:56:28 PM »
The government will fast track the vaccine, which will be available this fall. Most people will get it and the Chinese virus will have become one more "flu" to deal with.  

Summer will cause a natural ebb in the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus, leading to a recovery. By election time, the stock market will have been recovered and Trump sails to victory.

Oh, and all the spending moves us 6 months closer to the reckoning for unfunded liabilities.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 04:02:32 PM »
5 million dead in the U.S. by September?
And I thought I was pessimistic.  :O

My only prediction at the moment is that this will drag on much longer (both the pandemic, partial shutdown & the economic downturn) than most people think.
We will be adjusting to a "new normal" into next year, economic recovery will be slow and the deficit is going to explode.

I think that's optimistic....
I'd pick a number 2-3x higher, though I don't think this is going to be over by September.

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 04:34:16 PM »
Summer will cause a natural ebb in the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus, leading to a recovery. By election time, the stock market will have been recovered and Trump sails to victory.

This was my original prediction, but I might be starting to lean in Dittohead's direction. Mostly because of these bajillions and gazillions of dollars in bailouts, stimulus, and general free stuff being bandied about. We'll get out of it, but it might take longer.

Trump needs to hope for a Summer pop in general activity that will lead to a positive third quarter for the election. The second quarter is going to completely blow, that's a near certainty. If that gets dragged out to third, it's going to be really bad PR for Trump.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 04:45:42 PM »
China has had 3000-some deaths so far. Italy more than 2500. Why are we talking millions?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 05:07:48 PM »
I heard a prediction that it will all be over in time to have the state and national party conventions ahead of the Presidential Election. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2020, 05:48:06 PM »
National debt over 25T.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 06:20:59 PM »
My bets:

1.  Airlines grounded by next Monday, March 23rd.  Probably lasts 1 week.
2.  Other mass transit gets similar restrictions.  Trains, subways, buses.  But less scrutiny.  Workers gotta work.
3.  Another/continuing run on stores for short and long-term needs.
4.  A few riots/mobs/mob theft in high density population areas.
5.  The country basically shuts down for two weeks, March 23 to April 6.  Soft reboot from there.

I think number 5 will be more like 4 weeks.  Italy is expected to hit peak cases today/tomorrow.
I see no other flaws in your list.

Numbers.  I think the US hits 100-120k infected.  5k deaths.  Everyone will be talking about how it wasn't "that big of a deal" except for any healthcare worker in a major city.
Easy prediction, most major cities will get their *expletive deleted*it pushed in.  Those of us in more rural climes generally won't see much effect besides the lockdowns of business and food shortages.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2020, 06:21:54 PM »
China has had 3000-some deaths so far. Italy more than 2500. Why are we talking millions?

Millions if we let this just run wild.  Not sure why the government is talking that way, when we see states and cities and businesses taking action to slow/prevent the spread.  Maybe to scare us into doing the right thing.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2020, 06:43:02 PM »
The DMC/MSM will continue to deliberately hype and inflate the dangers of COVID-19.  Government at all levels will continue to over-react to the threat.  The economy will tank as a result.  Millions of people will be put out of work.  Unemployment will explode.  Economic recovery will take at least 18 months, but likely longer.  Democrats will strengthen their hold on the House, take the Senate, and President Biden will be replaced by Vice President HRC early in the new term after the 2020 elections.  That is exactly the result the MSM/DNC are planning for from their actions.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2020, 11:40:23 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?