Author Topic: COVID19 predictions  (Read 42954 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: COVID19 predictions
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2020, 12:46:38 AM »
1-3000 deaths and by June life is pretty normal.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2020, 07:52:37 AM »
I'm thinking 400 million dead Americans by next week.

Which is still FAR fewer than the number of Americans we'll lose to the scourge of gnu violence in the same span! BAN GNUS NOW!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 08:22:51 AM »
The DMC/MSM will continue to deliberately hype and inflate the dangers of COVID-19.  Government at all levels will continue to over-react to the threat.  The economy will tank as a result.  Millions of people will be put out of work.  Unemployment will explode.  Economic recovery will take at least 18 months, but likely longer.  Democrats will strengthen their hold on the House, take the Senate, and President Biden will be replaced by Vice President HRC early in the new term after the 2020 elections.  That is exactly the result the MSM/DNC are planning for from their actions.

The threat is *expletive deleted*ing real.  Read up on Italy right now.  See what the *expletive deleted*ck they are going through in the health care sector in the Lombardi province. 

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 09:28:38 AM »
Political fights will become more intense, as swamp creatures of both parties attempt to load up the ever-increasing stimulus/health plans with more pet programs and pork unrelated to the virus. (ABCNBCCBSMSNBCCNN may even pick one side to support and one side to excoriate in this.)

Education will change, with more done on-line. Note media reports that Kansas just closed schools for the rest of the year.

Look for BIG issues with security along our border with Mexico once covid-19 really takes off down there. Watch for Democrats and the usual media suspects get the vapors about Trump trying to halt the flow of INFECTED illegals crossing the border. (Also just saw that Guatemala has decided to refuse to accept planeloads of Guatemalans being deported from the USA.)

International relations will become more interesting when it becomes generally accepted that covid-19 came out of a Chicom biowarfare research lab that lost containment, NOT from consumption of undercooked bats, which the Chinese have been doing for centuries. (Western nations and the rest of the world will try to keep a lid on this.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:45:38 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2020, 09:48:45 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2020, 09:51:45 AM »
I'm thinking 400 million dead Americans by next week.

Which is still FAR fewer than the number of Americans we'll lose to the scourge of gnu violence in the same span! BAN GNUS NOW!

I'd pay to watch that.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2020, 09:54:53 AM »
Since everything I predict turns out to be wrong... I'm think we are all going to die.

So now you are safe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2020, 09:56:09 AM »
Political fights will become more intense, as swamp creatures of both parties attempt to load up the ever-increasing stimulus/health plans with more pet programs and pork unrelated to the virus. (ABCNBCCBSMSNBCCNN may even pick one side to support and one side to excoriate in this.)

Education will change, with more done on-line. Note media reports that Kansas just closed schools for the rest of the year.

Look for BIG issues with security along our border with Mexico once covid-19 really takes off down there. Watch for Democrats and the usual media suspects get the vapors about Trump trying to halt the flow of INFECTED illegals crossing the border. (Also just saw that Guatemala has decided to refuse to accept planeloads of Guatemalans being deported from the USA.)

International relations will become more interesting when it becomes generally accepted that covid-19 came out of a Chicom biowarfare research lab that lost containment, NOT from consumption of undercooked bats, which the Chinese have been doing for centuries. (Western nations and the rest of the world will try to keep a lid on this.)

They are falling over each other to throw free money around now. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 11:46:24 AM »
Yeah I think I was low on my number. Looking more like 28T debt if they keep promising free money.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2020, 11:48:29 AM »
The DMC/MSM will continue to deliberately hype and inflate the dangers of COVID-19.  Government at all levels will continue to over-react to the threat.  The economy will tank as a result.  Millions of people will be put out of work.  Unemployment will explode.  Economic recovery will take at least 18 months, but likely longer.  Democrats will strengthen their hold on the House, take the Senate, and President Biden will be replaced by Vice President HRC early in the new term after the 2020 elections.  That is exactly the result the MSM/DNC are planning for from their actions.

Yeah, this whole thing is a lose-lose scenario for an incumbent.

If deaths are on par with any other flu and draconian measures help ensure that to be the case, it was an overreaction and breach of civil liberties and sabotage of the markets.
If deaths skyrocket well above flu, the incumbent didn't do enough and is a public health policy failure and must be replaced.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2020, 02:36:07 PM »
A cure will be "found" just in the nick of time and Demoroids will take credit for it.

It will be a flash in the pan panic that knocks out all those pesky small business owners evil entrepreneurs and further convinces the masses of idiots to want socialized health care (and just ignore Italy, 'cause it wasn't done right there)

and because I'm actually an optimist...

Fly over country will be so sick of the idiot masses and the Demoroids obnoxious and obvious manipulations of the truth that Trump nails another four years in office 'cause MURICA!!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2020, 03:00:27 PM »
J.P. Morgan's updated prediction for GDP:
Q1: -4%
Q2: -14%
Q3: +8%
Q4: +4%

Full year: -1.5% overall.
I hope we're coming back like that by Q3 but that seems too fast to me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 03:25:17 PM by DittoHead »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2020, 03:22:53 PM »
J.P. Morgan's updated prediction for GDP:I hope we're coming back that by Q3 but that seems too fast to me.

I'll be putting my TSP back in the aggressive funds at the end of march...so that would be epic. 
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2020, 04:46:02 PM »
I'll be putting my TSP back in the aggressive funds at the end of march...so that would be epic. 

I just move 10% of my Lifecycle L fund into C a couple of days ago. I'll probably do another 10% in the next month or so. Through luck and end of year rebalancing, not brilliance, I moved 30% of my C&S funds into my L (my largest fund right now) in December.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2020, 04:48:00 PM »
Call my cynical, but I'll be surprised if most APS'ers aren't classified as "too wealthy" to receive any sort of payment out of this.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2020, 08:01:45 PM »
Call my cynical, but I'll be surprised if most APS'ers aren't classified as "too wealthy" to receive any sort of payment out of this.

I don't want a payment.  I can take care of myself.  FedGov wants to give me money? Just reduce my taxes.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2020, 11:39:50 PM »
My prediction: Because I'm at the VA Hospital at least once a week, I'll catch that *expletive deleted*it and it will be a miracle if me and my wife survive.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 12:26:15 AM »
My prediction: Because I'm at the VA Hospital at least once a week, I'll catch that *expletive deleted*it and it will be a miracle if me and my wife survive.

Are they letting you in? I had two appointments at my VA hospital for Monday (past), and they called me on SUNDAY! to cancel both of them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 02:02:18 AM »
So far they are. I'm calling them tomorrow...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 06:47:27 AM »
I don't want a payment.  I can take care of myself.  FedGov wants to give me money? Just reduce my taxes.

I'm investing it if I get one.
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2020, 07:36:32 AM »
Silly government...

Don't they know that people will just blow it on hand sanitizer and toilet paper?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2020, 07:37:13 AM »
Silly government...

Don't they know that people will just blow it on hand sanitizer and toilet paper?

And ammo  =D

And booze  =D =D
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2020, 07:55:46 AM »

I already invested.  I'm blowing it on gun parts and a new collet chuck for my lathe

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »

How can you invest it if you and everyone else is DEAD!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
How can you invest it if you and everyone else is DEAD!
If fiat money accrues interest but no one is there it calculate it, does still exist?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge