Author Topic: COVID19 predictions  (Read 42994 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: COVID19 predictions
« Reply #275 on: April 02, 2020, 08:25:27 AM »
I think this one is quite possibly the most important article about Corona virus to date
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/china-concealed-extent-of-virus-outbreak-u-s-intelligence-says

Important on many points. Including how so many people here fell (and are still falling) for the propaganda coming from a communist regime known for it's propaganda. Early on there was some leeway. By now though, anyone with 1/10th of a brain should know their reported numbers are low, but the MSM and others are still using their "official numbers" to show how much the US sucks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2020, 08:34:20 AM »
Important on many points. Including how so many people here fell (and are still falling) for the propaganda coming from a communist regime known for it's propaganda. Early on there was some leeway. By now though, anyone with 1/10th of a brain should know their reported numbers are low, but the MSM and others are still using their "official numbers" to show how much the US sucks.

I even thought maybe the Chinese were mostly telling the truth.  My point early on was why would they be so aggressive if they weren't scared as *expletive deleted*ck of this bug.  The Chinese are very pragmatic.  If it were "just the flu", they'd have happily sacrificed a few workers to keep their economy going.
Instead, they locked down over 700 million people.
Watching this *expletive deleted*it *expletive deleted*ck up Italy, and now start to run wild through the US...it makes it more obvious that the Chinese lied about their numbers.
20 million dead? I really doubt it.  But a factor of 10 more higher than they claimed? Believable.

As of yesterday, COVID19 is the 3rd leading cause of death world wide, only behind Cancer and Heart Disease.  Neither of those are communicable.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
215,000 confirmed. 5,000 deaths.  I'd really like to see the hospitalization stats.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »
I think this one is quite possibly the most important article about Corona virus to date
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/china-concealed-extent-of-virus-outbreak-u-s-intelligence-says

Fuh. You can't believe US intelligence! They're the bad guys! The Chinese are 100% honest, and that honesty just shows how badly the US sucks at this and how criminally culpable Cheeto is for all of the deaths in the US! IMPEACH! IMPEACH!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2020, 10:09:49 AM »
Here's something to think about, one of my good friends is an ER nurse and he had some minor similar Covid-19 symptoms, so work gave him a Covid-19 test 10 days ago, he still hasn't gotten his results and is quarantined at home.

A boom of positive cases is coming.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #279 on: April 02, 2020, 10:11:39 AM »
Here's something to think about, one of my good friends is an ER nurse and he had some minor similar Covid-19 symptoms, so work gave him a Covid-19 test 10 days ago, he still hasn't gotten his results and is quarantined at home.

A boom of positive cases is coming.

We have a friend who is in a similar situation and was on day 12 of waiting 3 days ago.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #280 on: April 02, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »
A bedside test has been rolled out, takes about 45 minutes to run. It only detects the acute infection though. If you are on either side of acute it won't detect the virus so the test that requires waiting is still needed to completely rule out.

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »
A bedside test has been rolled out, takes about 45 minutes to run. It only detects the acute infection though. If you are on either side of acute it won't detect the virus so the test that requires waiting is still needed to completely rule out.

bob

The test that just got approved a few days ago takes five minutes for a positive, almost 15 minutes for negative.

There's a 2-minute test, but despite Reuters' botched reporting, it ain't approved yet.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2020, 08:07:14 PM »
The Washington state governor just extended the 'stay at home' order for another month.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2020, 09:41:33 PM »
We have a friend who is in a similar situation and was on day 12 of waiting 3 days ago.

He texted me he got his results, negative, but still has to finish the 14 day quarantine.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

grampster

• friend
« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2020, 11:24:32 PM »
I have a hunch by May 1, if this hasn't peaked, America is gonna go beserk.  Who knows what could happen if the electric grid starts to flutter, natural gas quits flowing...any other sorts of breakdowns..

I still think, as ugly as this disease is, how it spreads, how it affects some people and kills some of them, it's been overblown for some reason.  If reasonable advice had been given to folks about being a bit careful and ramp up the hygiene, assured the folks the government was working hard with labs for meds and a vaccine, we may have had national herd immunity by May and things would calm down slowly over the rest of the year and the economy wouldn't have melted down.  Everyone I speak with has very little respect for or trust in the MSM or the government...the two things that we should be able to at least semi trust.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2020, 01:12:19 PM »
260000 confirmed and the week isn’t out.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
I even thought maybe the Chinese were mostly telling the truth.  My point early on was why would they be so aggressive if they weren't scared as *expletive deleted*ck of this bug.  The Chinese are very pragmatic.  If it were "just the flu", they'd have happily sacrificed a few workers to keep their economy going.
Instead, they locked down over 700 million people.
Watching this *expletive deleted*it *expletive deleted*ck up Italy, and now start to run wild through the US...it makes it more obvious that the Chinese lied about their numbers.
20 million dead? I really doubt it.  But a factor of 10 more higher than they claimed? Believable.

[ahem]  I have a theory about why they were so aggressive so fast.  Like they knew something about this bug that the numbers didn't support at the time.......

Jus' Sayin'

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »
[ahem]  I have a theory about why they were so aggressive so fast.  Like they knew something about this bug that the numbers didn't support at the time.......

Jus' Sayin'

I read a story this morning that said "scientists" (they don't say which ones) are now leaning more and more toward the plausibility of a lab protocol breach. Now that "scientists" are saying it instead of people like Tom Cotton, I see that the MSM is aggressively backpedaling their previous "tinfoil fruitcake" stance on the possibility.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #288 on: April 03, 2020, 01:28:02 PM »
I read a story this morning that said "scientists" (they don't say which ones) are now leaning more and more toward the plausibility of a lab protocol breach. Now that "scientists" are saying it instead of people like Tom Cotton, I see that the MSM is aggressively backpedaling their previous "tinfoil fruitcake" stance on the possibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUo1w5aSkro
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2020, 01:43:37 PM »
260000 confirmed and the week isn’t out.

The CDC has 239000 total and 233000 of those are under investigation; i.e. not confirmed yet.  What are you referring to?

ETA:

I think I was looking at the info incorrectly.  Apparently, "under investigation" means they're still determining how the person got the virus.  My bad.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2020, 01:47:58 PM »
The CDC has 239000 total and 233000 of those are under investigation; i.e. not confirmed yet.  What are you referring to?

ETA:

I think I was looking at the info incorrectly.  Apparently, "under investigation" means they're still determining how the person got the virus.  My bad.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2020, 10:08:46 PM »
[ahem]  I have a theory about why they were so aggressive so fast.  Like they knew something about this bug that the numbers didn't support at the time.......

Jus' Sayin'

Ran across this on Twitter ...
If you were the 2nd most powerful nation on earth, a great way to change the world order would be to unleash a terrible virus on a large inland city that has enough international connections to ensure world-wide spread. At the same time, you quickly shut down the virus locally.

It's not outside the realm of possibility.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2020, 01:38:48 AM »
I revise my prediction. I think we're going to look back on this as a mass hysteria. Not because the virus isn't serious, but because we impoverished so many people.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2020, 05:39:58 AM »
As of yesterday, COVID19 is the 3rd leading cause of death world wide, only behind Cancer and Heart Disease.  Neither of those are communicable.

215,000 confirmed. 5,000 deaths.  I'd really like to see the hospitalization stats.

Yet there's a (thoroughly unlikeable even before this) guy on a Jeep forum I frequent who is vehemently proclaiming that we're all sheep and that this whole thing is overblown hype -- it's just a dry run for the government to declare martial law, and we're all too dumb to see it. Only he is smart enough to understand what's really happening.

Right.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2020, 06:23:26 AM »
Yet there's a (thoroughly unlikeable even before this) guy on a Jeep forum I frequent who is vehemently proclaiming that we're all sheep and that this whole thing is overblown hype -- it's just a dry run for the government to declare martial law, and we're all too dumb to see it. Only he is smart enough to understand what's really happening.

Right.

Same thing on a motorcycle forum I'm on. More posts started by him than everybody else combined and it's killing what used to be a good forum.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #295 on: April 04, 2020, 06:56:59 AM »
One guy like that can be toxic to an otherwise good forum.
That’s what I like about this forum. We’re all toxic here.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #296 on: April 04, 2020, 08:48:36 AM »
One guy like that can be toxic to an otherwise good forum.
That’s what I like about this forum. We’re all toxic here.

LOL 😄
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #297 on: April 04, 2020, 11:20:10 AM »
I have a relative who is a pathologist in the northwest.  His "guestimate" was 100,000-120,000 dead he though we may be able to get the schools open again in the fall.  Let us hope it is no worse than that.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2020, 11:57:17 AM »

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2020, 09:12:31 PM »
I think my earlier guesses at our nation debt where so low I can't even make a prediction now.

It's going to get interesting once this is over.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG