Author Topic: Three Pilot employees killed in stabbing attack at Knoxville I-40 truck stop  (Read 1044 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://amp.knoxnews.com/amp/2960000001?fbclid=IwAR1A81FuJmD4Doa_TY4eBQso2XDkcdwZ6vATisFLpBYz0owkknPi3Xxo_dU&__twitter_impression=true

Three people were killed and a fourth was wounded in a stabbing attack at a Pilot Travel Center in East Knox County on Tuesday morning that ended when the suspect was shot and killed by a responding sheriff's deputy, authorities confirmed.
The suspect has been identified by the TBI as Idris Abdus-Salaam, a 33-year-old truck driver from Durham, North Carolina.
The deputies confronted Abdus-Salaam, who was armed with a knife, in the parking lot. One of the officers fatally shot him after he refused to drop his weapon, Earhart said.
At least some good news on that last part.  Would have been nice if someone at the store had a gun. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Yikes... a little domestic terrorism?

Or am I being horribly xenophobic and racist for making assumptions based on the suspect's name?

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

But, we need more gun control to stop *expletive deleted*it like this.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
The deputies confronted Abdus-Salaam, who was armed with a knife, in the parking lot. One of the officers fatally shot him after he refused to drop his weapon, Earhart said.

Far too often the family and someone in the media will start screaming something alone the lines that they didn't have to shoot him since he was unarmed, aka didn't have a gun.

And the suspect's name... maybe I shouldn't go there....yet

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 09:54:17 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend

Or am I being horribly xenophobic and racist for making assumptions based on the suspect's name?

I was wondering if he had tendencies toward that behavior and was high on no doz or something.  They didn't say if he was in the middle of a job or not.  I guess toxicology will reveal a bit of that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Have the usual suspects blamed the NRA for this attack yet?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend

Has feathers, waddles, quacks....
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.