Author Topic: Positive news! - Post yours here  (Read 6058 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Positive news! - Post yours here
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »
Why's Jesus telling Polyanna to stay at home?

I'm pretty sure that ain't Jesus.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2020, 03:10:58 PM »

"Let me tell ya 'bout Ahab the Arab, sheik of the burning sand..."  ♫
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »

Here's Jesus

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2020, 06:25:24 PM »
I'm right there with you, Larry.
Thanks, Mike

My sister talked to her on the phone yesterday and was happy that she was somewhat coherent (just talking on the phone is an accomplishment).  She was wondering why nobody had been by to visit. Sis tried to explain, but who knows how much of it came through.

In better news; this quarantine is a lot easier for a couple of retired people in a large, brand new house, than for younger, working people.  We have the three teenagers home with us everyday, but they stay hidden away in the rec room most of the day.  Unless we need 18 year old grandson Tyler to help us with something, and he's always willing. Jim is working six 10s and only has Sunday off, and Corinna works three 12s, Wed through Friday.  Corinna is and X-ray-Cat Scan tech at a hospital, but she takes every precaution before leaving work and has been keeping her distance from us when home.  Jim is extra precautious at work and showers as soon as he walks in the door.

Since we have 40 acres and a new home, there's always landscaping and yard work to do, and on nice days we're usually outside piddling in the garden or something. Our nearest neighbors are over 100 yards away.

The only thing I miss is my morning coffee meeting with a few other retirees at the convenience store a mile away, and an infrequent lunch and beer at Toni & Joe's Pizzeria. where I used to have lunch before I retired.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2020, 08:06:04 PM »
Governors see possible 'flattening' of the curve in latest coronavirus data

https://conservativeangle.com/mit-economist-nyc-coronavirus-curve-already-flattening/

In a National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) working paper posted Friday, MIT Economist Jeffrey E. Harris details how the data coming in from New York City indicates that “the coronavirus epidemic curve is already flattening” in the city — a development that has surprised many experts who predicted to see far worse numbers before things started to improve in the nation’s COVID-19 “epicenter.” If the trend is in fact legitimate, he asks, what exactly caused the number of new cases to level off? In the paper, he offers eight “alternative” explanations for the welcome apparent turning point, but ultimately suggests that none are fully satisfying answers.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/influential-coronavirus-tracking-model-shows-steep-decline-in-death-bed-shortage-projections
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation University of Washington’s School of Medicine now says they’re COVID-19 projection model shows a sharp decline in anticipated deaths, anticipated bed shortages, and even anticipated infections — a change made as new data about the virus’ real-world spread becomes available and analysts are able to monitor epicenters, like New York City, in real time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/austria-coronavirus-lockdown-end/2020/04/06/b4dedd8e-7805-11ea-a311-
adb1344719a9_story.html

Maybe we'll have some examples to follow on our way out of this mess.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2020, 08:13:40 PM »
Maybe the Lord is listening to those of us who pray daily for our country, neighbors, our states, our crappy government.  I would speculate there have been a lot more believers who have not paid much attention to their faith began praying again.  The Lord does listen and particularly likes it when his creation wakes up a bit in their mad dash toward secular humanism.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2020, 08:21:28 PM »
In other positive new, Hillary Clinton is still not the president.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2020, 10:54:36 PM »
In other positive new, Hillary Clinton is still not the president.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
New York City appears to be in a new infections plateau.  That's good news.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2020, 10:24:31 PM »
Thank you all! =D

Perd Hapley

• friend

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »
Stem cells??

I believe so. Sourced from placenta.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/emergency-field-hospital-dismantled-after-treating-zero-coronavirus-patients

The virus has been battled so successfully that a huge Army field hospital built by hundreds of troops inside a Seattle convention center last week will be dismantled — having never treated a single patient. The mobile hospital will be sent to another state that is still seeing a daily increase in the number of cases and hospitalizations, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said....

Washington state officials returned more than 400 ventilators to the federal government, which they also didn’t need.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/08/coronavirus-crisis-is-turning-americans-both-parties-against-china/

The Chinese government’s mismanagement of the covid-19 outbreak, and how the United States should respond, are caught up in the partisan politics of Washington. But around the country, Americans in both parties increasingly agree that the United States needs a tougher, more realistic China strategy that depends less on the honesty and goodwill of the Chinese government.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 01:45:17 AM »
The liquor store in town had sliced pineapple. It's a small place an old KC southern passenger train car. But it made my day.

My wife's birthday dinner got killed by this virus so today was 27 years for us so a pineapple upside down cake is her favorite. It was awesome.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2020, 07:49:17 PM »
I got a text from my credit union today that my Kung Flu stimulus will be deposited to my bank account on April 15.

Hello new rifle!*

When I can actually find one in stock.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.