Author Topic: Positive news! - Post yours here  (Read 6079 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:41:54 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JN01

• friend
Re: Positive news!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 11:26:40 PM »
I'm guessing they ramped up testing on those potential cures, so we should know in a few days if they pan out or not.  I pray to God that it works.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Positive news! - Post yours here
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 09:48:43 AM »
I pooped today!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 11:41:36 AM »
I finally have the time to devote to a couple projects.
I’m taking the doors off the Jeep to rebuild the hinge bushings, clean up some corrosion and repaint the hinges.
There are hard nylon bushings to replace the original zinc sleeves. The previous owner must have inserted the plastic ones without removing the zinc ones. Wondered why the doors were always so stiff. I had to use a floor jack under the doors to get them off. I had to fab a small curved chisel to get the corroded zinc things out.
I also mounted a cheap or maybe free harbor fright magnetic tool holder to the side of my tear down cart and bent some flat stock for tape holders and hooks that I can move or remove as desired. Don’t know why I never thought to do that before. I have everything I need here or I can make it.
Heated garage, good coffee, good music, and lots and lots of time.
Illinois is on lockdown but we are healthy and well supplied and fortified. Sun is finally shining and I expect the wife will want to go for a walk on our country road this afternoon. Probably while the ribs are in the smoker.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 11:47:27 AM »
I didn't die in my sleep. It can only get better from there. I had some parts I have been waiting for arrive for the bike (motorcycle) so I can get it ready to ride this weekend, the best kind of social distancing. :)

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 11:49:04 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 12:28:58 AM »
Weighed 244 on Monday at the doctors. I'm down about 40 lbs since my surgery.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 12:50:34 AM »
I'm still alive and not infected.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 06:17:07 PM »
I saw someone point out that all the Drag Queen Story Hour events at public libraries are probably canceled right now.  That is good news even if only temporary.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 06:21:23 PM »
Haven't killed anyone yet
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 06:21:35 PM »
Positive news! - Post yours here

Al the guys in the wifi side are working from home, so its way less crowded at work.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 06:33:25 PM »
Haven't killed anyone yet

Day's not over...  ;)
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 06:34:58 PM »
Wish this were true...
Government Accidentally Shuts Itself Down With Ban On Non-Essential Businesses
https://babylonbee.com/news/government-accidentally-shuts-itself-down-with-ban-on-non-essential-businesses

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said she would have caught the mistake but had passed the ban in a hurry, saying, "We had to pass the ban to see what it did."
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 10:00:46 PM »
Day's not over...  ;)

It's a good thing that my wife works at a flooring store, which is considered construction supplies. She gets to work while other folks in other businesses were told to close tonight at 10pm until April 7th. My wife is extremely annoying when she is bored.

Uranus is a gas giant.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 12:12:37 AM »
Thus far everyone is healthy, spring is slowly starting here, a little early garden done and both my jobs seem to skate by as essential.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »
Being home for a week+ now has given me unexpected time to tackle projects around the house. Fortunately Home Depot appears to be a vital retailer in Washington State.  =D

One interior wall painted
Bathtub re-caulked
Windows cleaned (including exterior, which I do about every 5 years)
Replacement plastic bumper ends installed on the Wrangler
Last year's leaves raked in the yard
Bare spots in the lawn from having leaves sit over the winter seeded
Other various and sundry. Biggest achievement is that my wife is not completely fed up with me yet.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 08:43:53 PM »
Today makes two weeks since my pup had to go in for emergency surgery. The surgeon pulled over 100 stones out of his bladder, and one big one out of his urethra. He ended up with a load of stitches on his belly and a bunch more up his junk. Stitches came out Tuesday, and he's pretty much back to normal now.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 08:57:51 PM »
Being home for a week+ now has given me unexpected time to tackle projects around the house. Fortunately Home Depot appears to be a vital retailer in Washington State.  =D

One interior wall painted
Bathtub re-caulked
Windows cleaned (including exterior, which I do about every 5 years)
Replacement plastic bumper ends installed on the Wrangler
Last year's leaves raked in the yard
Bare spots in the lawn from having leaves sit over the winter seeded
Other various and sundry. Biggest achievement is that my wife is not completely fed up with me yet.

I made a whole bathroom disappear, walls and all. Just started framing it back tonight until my batteries died. Back at it tomorrow. Funny thing is I'm making it smaller, was a 7x7 bathroom, now it will be a 5x7 so I can make a bigger closet on side.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »
Today makes two weeks since my pup had to go in for emergency surgery. The surgeon pulled over 100 stones out of his bladder, and one big one out of his urethra. He ended up with a load of stitches on his belly and a bunch more up his junk. Stitches came out Tuesday, and he's pretty much back to normal now.

Excellent news.   Thanks for sharing.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 09:43:49 PM »
The local grocery store had TP in stock and it was the good stuff too.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 08:17:21 AM »
My wife's friends husband is off the ventilator.  Ventilated for over a week, and 3 days of ekmo, but it looks like he'll make it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 09:31:38 PM »
I'm still working, with a letter saying I'm special.  If we end up in lock-down I can still get to work.

Last year we had a claim against our homeowners insurance - got new windows, roof & AC out of the deal, along with a boat load of new debt.  Insurance company raised our rates, of course.  Shopped a little, got a new policy with another company.  Just received the adjusted escrow notice from the bank.  We're a few hundred short in the escrow account, they'll split that up over the monthly payments for the rest of the year or we can pay it all at once.  The new policy is so much lower than the old policy that, even with the shortage, our new/adjusted payment (including the shortage) is actually less than what we'd been paying with the old policy before the rate increase.  I've always added a few extra $$ to the payment, so now I can keep sending them the same amount and even more will be going to paying down the principal.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 05:07:50 PM »
Totally selfish positive news, but due to the virus, I have discovered my little grocery store has the best meat ever. I've always bought my meat from Costco. My previous Costco had prime cuts. My current Costco only has choice, and it's hit and miss on really good vs just okay. Since I'm not going to Costco right now, I started buying meat at the local grocery. Even in the worst panic so far, they have been stocked in the higher priced cuts.

They also only have choice, but I cooked up some tri-tip from there today. Made it the same way I always do, seasoned the same, and it is worlds better than the Costco meat. This is a family owned store with three locations. Mine is just a satellite store, but their main store in Oregon has a butcher shop that delivers to their other stores. I'm guessing they are buying fresh local beef that is fed well, because again, the taste was amazing. I'm gonna start buying my meat from them from now on.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 11:12:12 PM »
We sent out a letter to clients who had money down for deposits, told them since the situation was fluid, and delivery times were now unknown, if they wished to cancel, they would get a full refund. Every one of them elected to maintain their deposit. It is good to work for nice folks.