Author Topic: Federal Gun Control Bill when we can't legally assemble to protest  (Read 3405 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Federal Gun Control Bill when we can't legally assemble to protest
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2020, 02:27:55 PM »
He is a piece of crap but better than the alternative again. I hate our system some times.

He is no conservative and we need to find a good third party but that's not happening.
The problem is as soon as a 3rd party got big enough to matter, it would be populated by many of the same type people.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »
All this time I thought his pro-2A  kids were setting him straight .....

He's made very pro 2A assertions at his rallies.

I know he did the bumpstock ban .... Is that really a hill we need to die on?

I wonder if he just deferred any decisions to the relevant agency.  It's kind of a touchy subject as to "single pull of the trigger," and to someone who's maybe favorable to 2A but not a complete gun expert, that's a wicket that's a bit sticky.

On the other hand, maybe he was banking on the ban being shot down by the Courts, and it would be off his desk.  (And thankfully, off mine, too.)

Me, for right now? Que sera, sera, on that one... if we can put aside the idea that the "enabling" legislation (the NFA and its evil spawn) is as unconstitutional as freakin' hell anyway.

So "Is that really a hill we need to die on?"

Not now, until we get a cleanly conservative Supreme Court where the "Living Documenters" on the Court can be shouted down around SCOTUS' water coolers:

"Jeez, Ruth, why can't you see that they meant what they actually wrote?  Now here, lemme buy you a cup of coffee."

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 03:46:13 PM by 230RN »

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 12:39:56 PM »
*sigh* A bunch of "friends" of mine who are not anti gun, but who've never paid attention to gun politics before are flipping out over this.  ;/ I guess the quarantine gives them time to actually pay attention. 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 05:38:28 AM »
Maybe they want to assemble to cheer the bill on.