Main Forums > The Roundtable

Need info on where to buy camo netting

<< < (3/4) > >>

charby:

--- Quote from: Cliffh on March 26, 2020, 06:35:13 PM ---Something similar is what I'm after.  I've looked into things like the Sunsetter awnings - problem with something like those are the high winds.  We do get tornadoes around here, 60mph+ winds are common.  I don't want to have to go out every time the wind starts picking up and roll 'em up or take 'em down.  I figure the camo should allow enough airflow through the material that it won't become a flying hazard or rip away part of the house.

--- End quote ---

A rigid awing will stay in place, if not you've already lost your shingles first

Andiron:
Man,  you don't want to mess with actual camo net.  It's a pain in the dick to get right,  and even if you do get the stuff in place, it's declaring yourself to be the local militia HQ

Cliffh:
It's really that hard to put up?

As REMF I never had to work with it...

Cliffh:
and even if you do get the stuff in place, it's declaring yourself to be the local militia HQ

Hopefully not too likely if I use the blue camo in the back yard in North TX.  Maybe they'll think it's just a pool...

I hadn't thought to look at HD or the other big box stores.  Some of the material at HD looks pretty good.

Andiron:
https://www.alamy.com/us-marines-with-combat-logistics-regiment-2-2nd-marine-logistics-group-assemble-camouflage-netting-during-a-command-post-exercise-on-camp-lejeune-nc-april-16-2018-the-exercise-prepared-the-marines-of-clr-2-to-serve-as-the-headquarters-for-a-logistics-combat-element-us-marine-corps-photo-by-lance-cpl-scott-jenkins-image180774842.html

I've only ever messed with the stuff in the link,  didn't know there was any other kind available.  My experience is fighting with a tangled mess of net that some idiot had previously ripped.  Then trying to get all the pieces to line up and tie together,  then poke at them with long polls into a shape that Gunny didn't hate.  And when that was done,  you hoped they were tied down well enough to not blow apart on a blustery night.

It is nice stuff once up,  shade where there wasn't shade before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version