Main Forums > The Roundtable

Double seat belt receiver or adapter

<< < (4/5) > >>

Kingcreek:
A well known local farmer with a lot of farm ground scattered around always had a cattle dog with him. The dog would ride with his back legs on the truck tool box and his front legs on the roof or often on the hood. A county deputy finally stopped him and chewed him out. Now the dog rides in the cab with his head out the window.

RocketMan:
Having seen dogs come out of truck beds on a turn, mine never ride loose back there.  We've used a seat belt adapter harness for Rocket from time to time.  He took to it pretty well on our cross-country trip when we moved here (NC) from Oregon in early 2014.

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: MillCreek on March 28, 2020, 12:57:55 PM ---So the dog wears a harness, and we have a restraining strap that clips onto the harness and then buckles into the seatbelt. 

--- End quote ---

Makes sense. I would go to a junkyard and get an extra female seatbelt for your make of vehicle, and just bolt it in in tandem with the front passenger belt. You shouldn't even need a new bolt. I'm pretty certain that rear seats, which have the center belts sharing the same bolts as the inner sides of the outboard belts, don't take a longer bolt. There's enough crush space in the carpeting to make it possible.

Technically, I believe it's illegal to install used seatbelts, and some yards may not sell them. Since you only want it for a dog, and you wouldn't be installing the matching male end for a human passenger, they might make an exception.

Ben:

--- Quote from: charby on March 28, 2020, 02:57:18 PM ---When did you become a Mormon? Idaho change you?

--- End quote ---

Ha ha. That was so long ago I wasn't sure anyone would get it.  :laugh:

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: Ben on March 28, 2020, 04:26:28 PM ---Ha ha. That was so long ago I wasn't sure anyone would get it.  :laugh:

--- End quote ---

Get what? COVID-19?  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version