Author Topic: Grinning gunman destroys chicken with high-velocity, space-age projectile.  (Read 857 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
It's Jerry using a plastic bullet.

Fantastic slo-mo footage!

Just about 6 minutes. The plastic round is towards the end.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Git sum!

36 grain bullet at 2200fps.  Velocity matters.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
It's designed not to penetrate body armor but would the person wearing the armor still feel the impact?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
It's designed not to penetrate body armor but would the person wearing the armor still feel the impact?
Wouldn't most any soft point or hollow point not penetrate appropriate body armor? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Wouldn't most any soft point or hollow point not penetrate appropriate body armor? 

Slower pistol round?  No.  Faster rifle round? Yes, it might penetrate.  Velocity is more important than bullet profile.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Yep.  V2.

I remember toying with those Speer plastic primer-only bullets for indoor practice with charges of BullEye and  Unique. Don't remember their weight, but Miculek's comment sounds about right.  Parallel results with plastic bottles of water.

But I hope he brought his cleaning rod or .38 BoreSnake along.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:56:55 PM by 230RN »

T.O.M.

• friend
Just read about these composite bullets.  Made of a polymer matrix with copper for weight.  Still very light weight, high velocity, and environmentally friendly.  Be curious to see a hollow point version.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
I have also seen videos with Lehigh Defense Extreme Defender bullets in 10mm.  Also Paul Harrell did a video with Fort Scott Munitions solid copper 9mm ammo. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Yep.  V2.

I remember toying with those Speer plastic primer-only bullets for indoor practice with charges of BullEye and  Unique. Don't remember their weight, but Miculek's comment sounds about right.  Parallel results with plastic bottles of water.

But I hope he brought his cleaning rod or .38 BoreSnake along.

Terry, 230RN

I've got those Speer "Target .38" plastic cases and bullets too. From a 2" snubby with just the primer, they'll go through a stack of boxes and the drywall behind them, no joke.  =D

I've found that stuffing disposable foam earplugs in them instead lets you do short range target shooting with a single cardboard box or a garbage bag full of paper as backstop at about 10 yards or less.

You could do force on force with them too, but the safety issues are always lurking, so I guess that's a no-go. Stick to Airsoft, or simunitions if you can afford it.

My club did a self-defense shooting clinic with Airsoft, and while it was amateur hour compared to a well known class, it was still illustrative as to how fast you can get shot, or how hard it is to shoot someone when you do have to shoot.
I promise not to duck.