Author Topic: Concealed Permit Holder Kills Alleged Attacker, Thwarts Mass Shooting  (Read 1380 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/30/concealed-permit-holder-kills-alleged-attacker-and-thwarts-mass-shooting/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Tulsa World reports a woman allegedly opened fire on customers, “outside a North Tulsa shopping center” about 6:30 p.m., only to be shot dead by an armed citizen.

Surveillance video appears to show the woman getting into an altercation in the shopping center parking lot, only to leave and allegedly return “about three minutes later.” Upon returning she allegedly, “pulled a gun and opened fire.”

The concealed carry permit holder returned fire, killing the woman.
The article linked by Breitbart is dated 3/28.  That site wants me to disable my ad blocker so I am not sure if anyone else was hurt.    Good response by a gun owner.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Concealed Permit Holder Kills Alleged Attacker, Thwarts Mass Shooting
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 10:50:23 PM »
I've only been watching the local (Tulsa) news kind of hit and miss lately but that has NOT been a story I've caught.
I wonder why...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 06:20:08 AM »
hOW dArE hE TaKe tHe lAw iNTo HiS oWN hANdS!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 06:46:32 AM »
The obligatory...

She was a good girl, she was turning her life around...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 09:07:58 AM »
"they just want to know why it happened."

Well, here's what happened.

Your loved one got stupid, thought she could go all gangster, and learned the hard way that if you start shooting at people someone just might shoot back.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 09:31:08 AM »
You reap as you sow.🤓
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 03:09:15 PM »
"they just want to know why it happened."

Well, here's what happened.

Your loved one got stupid, thought she could go all gangster, and learned the hard way that if you start shooting at people someone just might shoot back.
Yeah, lots of people get ticked off at someone or about something.  Very few go get a gun and start shooting.  I don't expect family to be open about someone's faults, but I figure they know. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 11:01:24 AM »
Pretty typical spin on the story here -

https://www.newson6.com/clip/15037043/family-devastated-after-woman-killed-in-tulsa

The spin the alleged "news" organization put on this story is simply grotesque.  [barf]

They put out drivel like this and then they wonder why SO many people regard them with contempt, suspicion, and mistrust.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 11:09:25 AM »
The spin the alleged "news" organization put on this story is simply grotesque.  [barf]

They put out drivel like this and then they wonder why SO many people regard them with contempt, suspicion, and mistrust.

I could be wrong but I didn't think it was that bad. I mostly saw the reporters as being fairly neutral and the family understandingly grasping for answers
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »
I could be wrong but I didn't think it was that bad. I mostly saw the reporters as being fairly neutral and the family understandingly grasping for answers

I think it was pretty bad. Start with the anchor's lead-in: "A Tulsa family is devastated after a woman was shot and killed outside of a convenience store."

That would certainly be a fair lead-in ... if the story were about a victim. But it's not; it's about the perpetrator. Yes, I'm sure the perp's family are hurting, but I honestly don't think that's in the slightest bit newsworthy. Whatever happened, she brought about her own death. She left the place, then came back with a gun and started shooting. End of story. Doing a full news segment on the family of a potential killer who got herself killed as a result of an impaired victim selection process seems to me to be a waste of air time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 01:00:36 PM »
I think it was pretty bad. Start with the anchor's lead-in: "A Tulsa family is devastated after a woman was shot and killed outside of a convenience store."

I guess maybe that bit didn't sink in
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes