Author Topic: APS favorite quotes  (Read 17209 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: APS favorite quotes
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2020, 06:12:22 PM »
The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried.  GK Chesterton
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »
Truth is treason in the empire of lies. - Ron Paul
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2020, 06:21:27 PM »
"I'm the one that has to die when It's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to. (damn right)"
Jimi Hendrix, "If 6 Were 9"
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »
Truth is treason in the empire of lies. - Ron Paul

Ron Paul was one of my heroes.  That's a great quote.

Back when he was running for president I got ridiculed on these sites (maybe THR) for endorsing him (are you still with us, Wild Alaska?) but the people who ridiculed me were "careful" not to reveal who their choice was.  I was out in the open and they were shooting at me from behind cover.  "Smart", I guess.   =|

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2020, 07:44:39 PM »
Ron Paul was one of my heroes.  That's a great quote.

Back when he was running for president I got ridiculed on these sites (maybe THR) for endorsing him (are you still with us, Wild Alaska?) but the people who ridiculed me were "careful" not to reveal who their choice was.  I was out in the open and they were shooting at me from behind cover.  "Smart", I guess.   =|

Ron Paul is the only politician whose campaign I've ever sent money to.  I even caucused, and got myself elected to be a county delegate (to help elect other RP delegates to the state level)  There were a lot of shennanigans in that primary; you'd think the R leaders were democrats.
"It's good, though..."

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2020, 08:28:48 PM »
Ron Paul is the only politician whose campaign I've ever sent money to.  I even caucused, and got myself elected to be a county delegate (to help elect other RP delegates to the state level)  There were a lot of shennanigans in that primary; you'd think the R leaders were democrats.

I came away from that with the opinion that Sean Hannity was not a true Republican.  But then again, neither was Ron Paul, he was a libertarian.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2020, 09:11:45 PM »
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
           - Jeff Cooper
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2020, 09:24:18 PM »
"Observe your cat. It is difficult to surprise him. Why? Naturally his superior hearing is part of the answer, but not all of it. He moves well, using his senses fully. He is not preoccupied with irrelevancies. He's not thinking about his job or his image or his income tax. He is putting first things first, principally his physical security. Do likewise."
              - also from Jeff Cooper
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2020, 09:25:40 PM »
"One of the notable aspects of the democratic process is that one need not know anything about a subject in order to pass laws about it."
                            - yup, Jeff Cooper

We could easily create a thread entirely of Jeff Cooper quotes.
                         - Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 08:15:15 AM »
"Observe your cat. It is difficult to surprise him. Why? Naturally his superior hearing is part of the answer, but not all of it. He moves well, using his senses fully. He is not preoccupied with irrelevancies. He's not thinking about his job or his image or his income tax. He is putting first things first, principally his physical security. Do likewise."
              - also from Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper hasn't watched too many Youtube videos.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 08:28:51 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 09:27:31 AM »
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

C. S. Lewis

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2020, 11:53:05 AM »
If you offer violence to me or mine, you may get more violence in return than you can possibly enjoy.

Or something like that, again from Cooper.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:19:03 PM by 230RN »

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2020, 09:38:18 AM »
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

- Lazarus Long
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

- Lazarus Long

Love that quote

Pb

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2020, 10:01:59 AM »
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Oscar Wilde

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »
"Hold my beer!" -anonymous
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2020, 11:22:26 AM »
 “I’ve looked at all the models. I’ve spent a lot of time on the models. They don’t tell you anything. You can’t really rely upon models.”  

- Anthony Fauci 4/3/20 (Washington Post)

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2020, 03:55:08 PM »
We are now Gods, but for the wisdom.

- Eric Weinstein
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2020, 04:46:05 PM »
In the United States of America, no one is above the law.

Hillary Clinton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2020, 04:51:52 PM »
"That Bitch Carole Baskins" Joe Exotic
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2020, 09:40:33 PM »
“Every nation ought to endeavour to possess within itself all the essentials of national supply.”

Alexander Hamilton

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2020, 10:24:47 AM »

Everything that happens to you is a form of instruction if you pay attention.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2020, 10:44:52 AM »
"Models are merely your opinions, some observations, and a bit of wishful thinking reduced to computer programs that llustrate your  opinions, some observations, and a bit of wishful thinking."  --Terry, circa 2002.

A.D.

Terry, 230RN

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2020, 11:05:58 AM »
Found this on the internet ages ago. No clue who wrote it

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes