Author Topic: APS favorite quotes  (Read 17222 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: APS favorite quotes
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2020, 08:58:26 AM »
If there’s one thing coronavirus did do with certainty, it increased global stupidity levels. -  WM Briggs
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2020, 01:48:18 PM »
"Protesting and revolting against your wise rulers goes against everything America was built on."

- TB Bee

It took me a moment to realize who/what "TB Bee" is.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2020, 07:58:17 AM »
What you're witnessing is the complete failure of Liberalism - which is, incidentally, indistinguishable from its total victory.
read on Twitter
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »
Found on youtube

A very unofficial comment by Admiral King regarding how the Bureau of Ordinance was progressing on the Mk 14 torpedo problems- "I've seen better organized monkey shlt fights at the zoo.."

Adm King was a colorful character to say the least
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2020, 07:44:47 PM »
Just how depleted of self-respect must one be to agree to get on their knees because someone of another race demands it?

I must be cut from an entirely different cloth because under no circumstances ever will you will catch me acting like a castrated animal.

- Candace Owens

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2020, 08:17:22 AM »
White privilege = being held responsible for the acts of your ancestors by folks who accept no responsibility for the acts of their children.
-A Teller

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2020, 08:39:32 AM »
"F*ck it; we'll do it live."

- Damn near everyone.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2020, 01:08:31 PM »
White privilege = being held responsible for the acts of your ancestors by folks who accept no responsibility for the acts of their children.
-A Teller

Mic drop
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2020, 09:16:17 AM »
G. K. Chesterton

We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2020, 11:00:09 AM »
G. K. Chesterton

We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green.

Did he have a crystal ball or a time Machine? :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2020, 11:20:05 AM »
Did he have a crystal ball or a time Machine? :O

No kidding!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2020, 01:56:40 PM »
G. K. Chesterton

SOME WOMEN HAVE PENISES BIGOT!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2020, 02:56:42 PM »
Just how depleted of self-respect must one be to agree to get on their knees because someone of another race demands it?

I must be cut from an entirely different cloth because under no circumstances ever will you will catch me acting like a castrated animal.

- Candace Owens

That is a magnificent quote by a brave woman.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2020, 08:27:32 AM »
Another great quote by Chesterton

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes being corrected."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2020, 09:14:27 PM »
Take Coopers quote and replace "felon" with "mob"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2020, 09:47:08 PM »
From what we've seen a very significant percentage of the mobs are felons.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2020, 10:39:00 PM »
Absolutely significant overlap on ye olde Venn diagram.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2020, 06:40:10 PM »
In fighting those who serve devils one always has this on one’s side; their Masters hate them as much as they hate us.

The moment we disable the human pawns enough to make them useless to Hell, their own Masters finish the work for us.

They break their tools.”   

- Lewis, C. S.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2020, 07:35:00 PM »
It's frightening to think that you might not know something, but more frightening to think that, by and large, the world is run by people who have faith that they know exactly what's going on. -- Amos Tversky
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2020, 09:02:28 AM »
If falsehood, like truth, had only one face, we would be in better shape.

For we would take as certain the opposite of what the liar said.

But the reverse of truth has a hundred thousand shapes and a limitless field. 

- Montaigne

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »
In the last analysis, we see only what we are ready to see, what we have been taught to see.

We eliminate and ignore everything that is not a part of our prejudices. 

- Jean-Martin Charcot

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2021, 09:47:28 AM »
"In those wretched countries where a man cannot call his tongue his own, he can scarce call anything else his own. Whoever would overthrow the liberty of the nation, must begin by subduing the freedom of speech; a thing terrible to publick (sic) traitors."

- Trenchard and Gordon, Cato, letter No 15.

Maybe should have posted it in the "digital long knives" thread instead.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2021, 10:58:07 AM »
“Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching." -C.S. Lewis

"Religion is easy. Faith is hard."

"The true nature of a man is not evidenced by how many attend his funeral, but in why those who choose to attend are there." -unknown

"Show me the lowest paid, least respected group of people in an organization and I'll show you the group most responsible for that organization's success or failure." -unknown

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2021, 09:01:15 AM »
This puts my struggle to "love my neighbor as myself" into an interesting context  :laugh:

“Individually, I love you all with affection unspeakable, but, collectively, I look upon you with a disgust that amounts to absolute detestation!”

I forgot to copy where I ran across this quote.