Author Topic: "Achtung! Let’s see your papers, bitte!"  (Read 2058 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
"Achtung! Let’s see your papers, bitte!"
« on: April 06, 2020, 09:19:20 PM »
"Achtung! Let’s see your papers, bitte!"

This should chill you to the bone. Didn't think I would live to see this...

National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island
https://youtu.be/t75YuN65_sE

Reminds me of an old song...

THE FANTASTIC JOHNNY C: BOOGALOO DOWN BROADWAY
https://youtu.be/2ng3p3Tlc0I
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: "Achtung! Let’s see your papers, bitte!"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 12:10:16 AM »
This business will get out of control,  it will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 12:55:46 AM »
Why in the what are they wearing helmets? And were those black vests body armor? ??? Looks kinda Jade Helm cosplay.

The "door-to-door search" seems to consist of knocking on doors in New Yorker summer home neighborhoods and telling people they have to self-q if they've just gotten back from NY. So that, at least, is not quite as bad as it sounds.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 01:58:13 PM »
It is coexisting certainties that gov't will overreach and that tinfoil nutters will see every traffic stop and up as irrefutable proof that the New World Order has begun.

Really tiring of the libertarian subset that consists of nothing but poo flinging simians. Should we be concerned about governmental overreach? Yep, for sure. Should we want to live our lives our way? Also yeppers. But should we realize that if we like living in society we have to have some semblance of order? I think a lot of people are just bummed they can't anarchist cosplay like they want. Stay at home, check on your neighbors, help where you can and stop being a bunch of chicken little bints.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 02:50:19 PM »
Why in the what are they wearing helmets? And were those black vests body armor? ??? Looks kinda Jade Helm cosplay.

The "door-to-door search" seems to consist of knocking on doors in New Yorker summer home neighborhoods and telling people they have to self-q if they've just gotten back from NY. So that, at least, is not quite as bad as it sounds.

The black vests at the beginning of the clip that say "Military Police" (approx 1:00 in) are body armor, but they are also the standard MP uniform now.  All MP's where that everywhere that they are armed (unless going battle rattle).  What's really disingenuous is that she uses a bunch of contemporary footage from news stations of traffic stops, and checkpoints at train stations and airports, where folks are just in duty uniform and unarmed (except MP's) but when she starts talking about the DOOR TO DOOR SEARCHES OF TOWNS !!!! she pulls old and/or stock footage of other events.  4:11 is a still from the searches in Boston after the Marathon Bombing, 4:14 looks a lot like a PAO photo of riot training. (note the riot shields, and instructor yelling commands) and 4:15 is a guy standing outside in ACU pattern so it's a while ago.  It looks like he's giving a statement to a civilian LEO.

Splicing stuff like that in right after images with dates of the current events is pretty shady.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 02:51:30 PM »
The black vests at the beginning of the clip that say "Military Police" (approx 1:00 in) are body armor, but they are also the standard MP uniform now.  All MP's where that everywhere that they are armed (unless going battle rattle).  What's really disingenuous is that she uses a bunch of contemporary footage from news stations of traffic stops, and checkpoints at train stations and airports, where folks are just in duty uniform and unarmed (except MP's) but when she starts talking about the DOOR TO DOOR SEARCHES OF TOWNS !!!! she pulls old and/or stock footage of other events.  4:11 is a still from the searches in Boston after the Marathon Bombing, 4:14 looks a lot like a PAO photo of riot training. (note the riot shields, and instructor yelling commands) and 4:15 is a guy standing outside in ACU pattern so it's a while ago.  It looks like he's giving a statement to a civilian LEO.

Splicing stuff like that in right after images with dates of the current events is pretty shady.

Thank you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 08:32:23 PM »

National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island
https://youtu.be/t75YuN65_sE

She must be Italian. I wonder if she could make a video with her hands tied?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »
She must be Italian. I wonder if she could make a video with her hands tied?

Not just an Italian thing. I've known more than a few Cherokees that couldn't speak a word if their hands were tied down.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 08:49:51 PM »
Not just an Italian thing. I've known more than a few Cherokees that couldn't speak a word if their hands were tied down.
It isn’t racial at all. All the deaf people I’ve ever met are like that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 09:30:55 PM »
Hand movement or movement of any kind isn't all that bad for public speaking.  At least she isn't speaking in a monotone the whole time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 11:02:33 PM »
It isn’t racial at all. All the deaf people I’ve ever met are like that.

I didn't intend it to be racial. If anything, it's ethnic. Around here, nobody mentions that Italians can't talk without their hands more than the Italians themselves.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 05:28:33 AM »
I think she's a real yum-yum cutey-pie.  Beats the "talking head" culture of most newsy outlets.

I suppose we all have our preferences, like y'know?  Hawkmoon seems to find that much gesturing annoying. Me?  Meh, no big deal.  I find other speech characteristics annoying, like y' know?

Evangelists do a lot of pacing and gesturing, except they've usually got a Bible in one hand and a mike in the other.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 05:50:49 AM by 230RN »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 09:00:34 AM »

Journalism 101.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”