Author Topic: Un-[bleepin] Believable  (Read 2099 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Un-[bleepin] Believable
« on: April 08, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
Just came across a self-serving "update" from the office of U.S. Senator Chris Murphy, of Connecticut. He's a D but, of course, I already said he's from Connecticut so that's redundant.

Yesterday, Senator Murphy spoke at a virtual J Street meeting where he called for easing U.S. sanctions on countries like Iran for humanitarian and policy reasons during this crisis. Our foreign policy shouldn’t result in the knowing death of innocent people, and U.S. sanctions are currently preventing critical medical supplies from reaching the Iranian people, who have been hit hard by the coronavirus.

So let me get this straight: Hospitals all across the United States are experiencing crippling shortages of just about everything needed to treat the coronavirus ... and this one-man brain trust wants to send stuff to Iran?

WTF is wrong with leftists? Were they born with no brain, or was it surgically removed as a requirement of registering to be a D?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Un-[bleepin] Believable
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 11:10:38 PM »
I thought medical and humanitarian stuff isn't included in the embargo, sanctions or whatever it's called.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 12:02:51 AM »
I thought medical and humanitarian stuff isn't included in the embargo, sanctions or whatever it's called.

It's not, but most people don't know that, making it an easy thing to demagogue on.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 12:54:40 AM »
It's not, but most people don't know that, making it an easy thing to demagogue on.

What I've heard as well.

Just don't send them any alcohol!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 02:10:23 AM »

Just don't send them any alcohol!

"Purely medicinal, m'dear, purely medicinal." [/WC Fields voice]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 09:51:27 AM »
Don't worry, I am sure the Chinese are sending them all the masks and coronavirus tests they want.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 09:58:33 AM »
Don't worry, I am sure the Chinese are sending them all the masks and coronavirus tests they want.   =D

CNN: Unlike the the hateful racist US China is donating med equipment to other countries to help fight the Orange Man Virus. Bad bad Trump
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »
"WTF is wrong with leftists?"

It's better to save the lives of radical ideologists who are known to hate all things America than to run the risk of keeping the stuff and possibly saving the lives of Deplorables.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 11:00:50 AM »

It's better to save the lives of radical ideologists who are known to hate all things America than to run the risk of keeping the stuff and possibly saving the lives of Deplorables.
Goal #1:  American Bad
Goal #2:  Orange Man Bad (or any R President)
Goal #3:  Enemy of America Good
Goal #4:  Use Govt Funds/Influence to Enrich Myself and Friends

Whatever supports those goals.  I can't think of a time in my life where elected leftists held any other goals. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 05:20:58 PM »

They're just not right.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 06:43:27 PM »
Hold it.  Dude wants to send medical supplies to Iran when we have a shortage here at home?  I hear all the time we don't have enough vents, PPE, etc. to take care of our own.  Why is anyone even thinking of sending any medical supplies anywhere????
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »
Hold it.  Dude wants to send medical supplies to Iran when we have a shortage here at home?  I hear all the time we don't have enough vents, PPE, etc. to take care of our own.  Why is anyone even thinking of sending any medical supplies anywhere????
He would probably settle for pallets of cash. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 09:40:53 AM »
I wonder if this guy has family or friends employed as lobbyists for Iran in one way or the other.  Maybe he is just a partner in a real estate deal with a shell company owned by Iran. 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 12:10:43 PM »
I wonder if this guy has family or friends employed as lobbyists for Iran in one way or the other.  Maybe he is just a partner in a real estate deal with a shell company owned by Iran. 
1st Rule of Politics: Always follow the money. ALWAYS.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »
Enter Feinstein

Feinstein urges Trump to reverse plan to block Iran request for $5B in IMF aid, claims it is in ‘our national interest’
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/feinstein-trump-iran-imf-aid
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2020, 06:19:04 PM »
Enter Feinstein

Feinstein urges Trump to reverse plan to block Iran request for $5B in IMF aid, claims it is in ‘our national interest’
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/feinstein-trump-iran-imf-aid

And she'd be against it if Trump was for it.  I have absolutely nothing good to say about her.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.