Author Topic: Bud's Gunshop Advertising...  (Read 2060 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Bud's Gunshop Advertising...
« on: April 09, 2020, 09:42:29 AM »
I bought my Walther CCP through Bud's last year.

Pretty much every e-mail I get from Bud's these days specifically tries to sell me... Walther CCPs.

??? ??? ???
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Bud's Gunshop Advertising...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
I bought my Walther CCP through Bud's last year.

Pretty much every e-mail I get from Bud's these days specifically tries to sell me... Walther CCPs.

??? ??? ???

Don't think the CCP has been selling too well and maybe they have glut of them on hand.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 09:58:38 AM »
I know plenty of people (myself included) who have a couple of the same gun.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 10:01:37 AM »
I know plenty of people (myself included) who have a couple of the same gun.

In no way am I saying it's a bad gun, it's actually a fairly decent one especially the M2, just that they may have a glut of them hence the ads. Right after the CCP was released the market got flooded with similar guns.
I've considered buying one myself.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 10:06:34 AM »
In no way am I saying it's a bad gun it's actually a fairly decent one especially the M2 just that they may have a glut of them hence the ads.

I don't mean that gun. I mean that I have 2 guns in my safe that are exactly the same. In my case it's 2x Stevens 820B 12ga shotguns.
If you ignore variations, I have 2x buckmarks and 2x CZ-75s.
Just because someone bought one, doesn't mean they won't buy another. =D
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 10:12:15 AM »
I got what you were getting at now.
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 10:18:55 AM »

Just because someone bought one, doesn't mean they won't buy another. =D

In fact, if you're going to buy another, there's a lot of good reason to buy another like to what you have, than something else.  You have a spare, and a spare for parts, if necessary.  You don't have to add to the Box of Regrettable Holsters, trying to find something that works well.  etc.

Why I have 2 XDS-s, and 2 more or less compatible snubbies.  And why I contemplated a second Gen 3 compact Glock.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 10:23:25 AM »
I just did that. I recently bout an FNX45 tactical and like it so much I bought the regular FNX45 (different sights and no threaded barrel) as a carry gun.

1911s are a different animal with all the variations, but if you like 1911s, there's a good chance you have more than one. Or many more than one.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 10:50:05 AM »
The only pair I think I have that are identical are two CZ 83 pistols in 380 just because I liked them and they don't make them anymore.  I have multiple models of some guns, but no other twins. 

My CMP 1911 and my Springfield 1911 Loaded are both 1911's, but I don't consider them at all the same gun. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 10:57:28 AM »
One is none, two is one.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 11:06:13 AM »
The only guns I'm really willing to double up on are Smith & Wesson revolvers, and even there I don't really do the completely identical... I'll do variants of the same model.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 11:14:25 AM »
One is none, two is one.
But when I have limited funds, the collector in me does not allow me to buy the exact same gun.  I would rather buy a slightly different one or a similar model made by someone else that I haven't tried before. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 11:18:32 AM »
I should have added, the only guns I have exact duplicates of are my two Delta Elites. One I bought new, and the other one from a guy who wanted dough fast, so it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I had multiples of milsurp rifles I had collected, but recently sold most of the "extras" off and just kept my favorite of each specimen. Though of course with them, there really is no "identical" to collectors.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 11:29:45 AM »
I did, for a short time, have identical Star BMs, the little 1911ish 9mm. Really fun handgun.

I solved that issue by gifting one of them to one of my oldest and best friends.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »
1911s are a different animal with all the variations, but if you like 1911s, there's a good chance you have more than one. Or many more than one.  =D

I feel attacked.   =D

I also have two pretty similar Hi-Powers, and my set of Glocks is getting kinda big.

Let's not discuss AR variants.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 02:23:01 PM »
I feel attacked.   =D

Hey, there's no such thing as too many 1911s.  :laugh:

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 02:26:41 PM »
Somehow, I always end up with multiples of the same gun, but they are never exactly the same, like my 4" and 6" GP100's, I have a couple Berettas, a 96FS, and a 96G, etc.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 03:03:35 PM »
I once had two Model 1911s...

But one of them was a Schmidt-Rubin straight pull rifle.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 03:48:46 PM »
I once had two Model 1911s...

But one of them was a Schmidt-Rubin straight pull rifle.

Bastard.

I had K-31s (still have one with the buttplate tag) but never found a deal on the 1911. I would have liked to have one of those.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 06:03:55 PM »
When I first got into defensive handgun shooting, I was advised to get a duplicate of my defensive handgun.  Reason?  Not what you would think.  Not as a spare in case of breaking,  but as a backup when you shoot someone and the police take that pistol as evidence.

Me, no duplicates.  Can't afford that.  But I do have handguns with the same manual of arms for defensive use.  Don't want to forget a safety or deck under stress.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 06:08:54 PM »
Hey, there's no such thing as too many 1911s. guns:laugh:

FTFY
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 10:01:08 PM »
When I first got into defensive handgun shooting, I was advised to get a duplicate of my defensive handgun.  Reason?  Not what you would think.  Not as a spare in case of breaking,  but as a backup when you shoot someone and the police take that pistol as evidence.

I subscribe to that theory. I also make it a point to carry the more beat-up example ... for the same reason. If I ever have to use a carry pistol for the intended purpose, it's a given that the police will take it as evidence. I may never get it back (even if I avoid prison). If I do, it probably won't be in the condition I would have kept it, and it may have a police evidence number scratched or electro-engraved on it.

At the moment, however, I have strayed. My current carry is a Colt lightweight Officers ACP. My two spares are both all-steel Colt M1991A1 Compacts.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 10:07:26 PM »
Bastard.

I had K-31s (still have one with the buttplate tag) but never found a deal on the 1911. I would have liked to have one of those.

Yeah, well, in a fit of absolute stupid I sold it for virtually nothing. Actually, the guy I entrusted to sell it for me basically stole it. He sold it to a friend of his for a ridiculous cut rate and then took his cut off the top.

I told him that was bullshit, he told me tough, so I made sure that I spread far and wide what he did.  He threatened to kick my ass, I told him he could try, but I pointed out to him that he violated his own seller's agreement and he couldn't dispute it.

I like to think it had something to do with his business going bankrupt because I made sure to spread it around the gun show circuit.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2020, 12:48:56 PM »
I've got two HK USPs, but one is in .40 from 1996, the other in 9mm I got in 2009. The 9mm was purchased as a suppressor host,  and for cheaper shooting at the range.

I bought/traded for it with a G19 I won in a raffle at my gun club plus an extra hundred in change. From a tiny guy desperate for a smaller carry piece I met on a WI gun rights FB page. 
I promise not to duck.