Author Topic: Michael Flynn News  (Read 13124 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Michael Flynn News
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2020, 03:15:23 PM »
If it gets to the SCOTUS, we may be surprised.  Given some of Robert's recent decisions, I wouldn't make book on a proper and constitutional ruling.

I think there's a good chance Ginsberg would vote in Flynn's favor.  She has, for all her leftist bias, been pretty consistent on separation of powers.  It wouldn't be the first time she's spanked a lower court, against left wing interests, in cases where the judge was this egregious in overstepping judicial bounds.  Except for abortion cases anyway.

My bet, if it goes to SCOTUS, is 6-3 or 7-2 in Flynn's favor.  Sotomayor and Breyer are likely locks against.  Kagan is likely againt.  But Ginsberg, Roberts, and the 4 conservatives are probably locks for Flynn.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2020, 12:46:16 PM »
Even MSN seems to recognize that the prosecution persecution of Flynn was political.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/flynns-prosecution-the-more-we-learn-the-worse-it-seems/ar-BB16kKDH
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2020, 02:35:07 PM »
Even MSN seems to recognize that the prosecution persecution of Flynn was political.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/flynns-prosecution-the-more-we-learn-the-worse-it-seems/ar-BB16kKDH

That's one "opinion contributor" that won't be contributing opinion articles to MSN anymore.  I wonder how his article made it past the editors at MSN in the first place?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2020, 04:14:24 PM »
Judge Sullivan has requested an en banc review of the order requiring him to drop the Flynn case.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/judge-asks-appeals-court-to-reconsider-decision-forcing-him-to-drop-michael-flynn-case.html

Who didn't see that coming?

My guess, the en banc review WILL be granted (a relative rarity), but the decision will stand.

And it will be appealed to the Supreme Court.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2020, 04:32:24 PM »
Judge is clearly playing for time assuming that Biden wins and the DOJ under him will continue the persecution.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2020, 08:00:24 PM »
Flynn is under a gag order that ends when the case ends ... somebody doesn't want him talking before the election  =|
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

sumpnz

• friend

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2020, 01:06:09 PM »
En banc rehearing granted.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/michael-flynn-appeals-court-will-reconsider-case-of-former-trump-aide.html

This is unheard of.  I don't believe it bodes well for Flynn.  Any bets on the entire court reversing the mandamus order?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2020, 01:34:33 PM »
Not unheard of, but certainly a rare event.

I think this one is going to the Supreme Court.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2020, 01:38:24 PM »
Unbelievable. But because 2020, to be expected.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
Unbelievable. But because 2020, to be expected.

I think more an "Orange Man Bad" from a predominately leftist court.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »
They are trying to get Trump to pardon him before the election. I don't see that happening.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2020, 04:51:16 PM »
And we're off to the races... again.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dc-circuit-court-grills-lawyers-michael-flynn-case-dismissal

I didn't realize that they it had gone onto the docket.

Going to be interesting...

Again, my prediction, the 2-1 ruling will be upheld and it will be immediately appealed to the Supreme Court.

Well, it's going to the Supreme Court no matter what.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2020, 09:43:45 PM »
The "deep state" sure has pulled out all the stops in going after him.

Wonder why they are so obsessed with taking him down?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2020, 10:35:59 PM »

I think people who really know the details of all the skullduggery have some good guesses, but to me it just seems like it's because so many other IMPEACHMENT-LEVEL!! scandals have slipped through their fingers. This case was on the cusp of getting the Left a nice, big trophy, when the adults stepped in. They just can't let it go. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2020, 11:33:40 PM »

I think they're stuck in an "in for a penny, in for a pound" style situation. At this point, they have to win just to have the small win at each judiciary level, rather than the colossal loss of everything coming to light right before the election.
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2020, 11:37:42 PM »
And of course if it comes to light right before the election it is obviously trump's fault for rigging it to make himself look good. Pay no attention to all this stuff we started to topple a president before he was even sworn in.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2020, 06:07:41 PM »
And...the Writ of Mandamus was denied by the full DC Circuit Court.  The case has been sent back to Judge Sullivan for resolution.
No real surprise there as Sullivan had not taken any firm action in the case as yet, even with some of his nutty decisions and statements during the course of the trial.  However, I am still suspicious of the Circuit Court, wondering if their ruling was tinged by Orange Man Bad syndrome.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/09/michael-flynn-case-dc-circuit-rules-against-mandamus-case/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2020, 06:46:04 PM »
The last couple of paragraphs seem to say that since the lower court hasn't actually made a decision yet, there are limits to what they can do and that they expect Sullivan to either dismiss or proceed with sentencing after which they can review everything. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2020, 06:59:07 PM »
The last couple of paragraphs seem to say that since the lower court hasn't actually made a decision yet, there are limits to what they can do and that they expect Sullivan to either dismiss or proceed with sentencing after which they can review everything.

That was pretty much my take, as well.
I still think Judge Sullivan is a nut.