Author Topic: Michael Flynn News  (Read 13122 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Michael Flynn News
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2020, 08:52:34 AM »
I see something along these lines in just about every article about this case:Is there a reason it hasn't been repealed? I'm sure it wasn't on anyone's mind before but it seems like a pretty obvious thing to do now.  ???

It's just a tool in the toolbox that can be used or threatened to be used if needed.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2020, 11:27:22 AM »
I see something along these lines in just about every article about this case:Is there a reason it hasn't been repealed? I'm sure it wasn't on anyone's mind before but it seems like a pretty obvious thing to do now.  ???
It is another strong recommendation for the automatic 10 year sunset on all laws and regulations. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2020, 03:17:43 PM »
List of officials who sought to 'unmask' Flynn released: Biden, Comey, Obama chief of staff among them
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/grenell-releases-list-of-officials-who-sought-to-unmask-flynn-biden-comey-obama-intel-chiefs-among-them

So among others, many key members of Obama's staff had full knowledge of all this (as we knew) including Biden. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/read-documents-listing-names-of-obama-era-officials-who-sought-to-unmask-michael-flynn
this has the list of people who made unmasking requests for transcripts from the Flynn investigation. 

There are a lot of other people making these requests that I am surprised would be copied on this stuff.  What the hell does the Treasury Secretary or someone in the Dept of Energy need to know this stuff for?  And note this is just the people who requested names.  There are obviously many more who read the transcripts which seems odd when they know they are investigating an opposition Presidential campaign.  How much campaign planning and information was turned over to DNC people from all this? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2020, 05:08:07 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2020, 05:10:05 PM »
But he only heard about it on the news.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2020, 05:25:10 PM »
Biden is on the list.  :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldF-fhHLwvY&t=146s

Also it kinda looks like the still redacted names are probably the actual "intel worker bees" who might need names unmasked for analysis, while the exposed list are the political wonks that wanted the info for other than intel reasons. Seems like there should be little reason for the UN Ambassador to get it, at least that early.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2020, 05:26:13 PM »
In Biden's defense, is he really the same man he was in 2016/2017? He's forgotten everything he knew back then.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2020, 07:43:34 PM »

Also it kinda looks like the still redacted names are probably the actual "intel worker bees" who might need names unmasked for analysis, while the exposed list are the political wonks that wanted the info for other than intel reasons. Seems like there should be little reason for the UN Ambassador to get it, at least that early.
What about the people with NATO in their job title?  Why would they be involved in this?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2020, 09:57:57 AM »
It is also sexist if Trump supporters want Barack Obama to be locked up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2020, 10:58:04 AM »
In Biden's defense, is he really the same man he was in 2016/2017? He's forgotten everything he knew back then.

POINT OF ORDER!

Are you asking us to assume that Biden knew anything back then?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2020, 10:59:16 AM »
POINT OF ORDER!

Are you asking us to assume that Biden knew anything back then?

Would you accept that Biden has forgotten the fragrances of every woman/girl/victim he's sniffed since then?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2020, 11:58:56 AM »
Holy *expletive deleted*ing miscarriage of justice Batman.
Is there no higher authority to slap down these *expletive deleted*ing morons?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2020, 12:12:56 PM »
Would you accept that Biden has forgotten the fragrances of every woman/girl/victim he's sniffed since then?
Your a lyin dog faced pony soldier!
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2020, 12:50:51 PM »

Foolish flyover little person! The deep state IS the higher authority! Bow the knee!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2020, 01:29:52 PM »
Judges can be impeached.  Even if the R's got a huge majority in Congress, I am not sure they have the political will to do that. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2020, 02:04:54 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2020, 10:37:53 AM »
I would have loved to see Grenell's reply be something along the lines of "You're not the boss of me!" or "You're not my real mom!" The one he gave was still pretty good though.  :laugh:

Schiff is just such a slimy little weasel. He reminds me of President Logan on "24".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/05/17/finish-him-richard-grenell-puts-a-very-whiny-and-nervous-adam-sack-of-schiff-in-his-place-and-its-a-glorious-thing/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
Now they're considering charging Flynn with perjury for pleading guilty.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/court-asks-retired-judge-to-fight-justice-dept-effort-to-drop-michael-flynn-case-and-examine-if-ex-trump-adviser-committed-perjury/2020/05/13/8c0deb0a-9567-11ea-82b4-c8db161ff6e5_story.html

I wonder whether perjury is actually perjury when LE and the prosecutor holds a loaded gun to your head and tells you to plead guilty or else.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »
I am reminded of my own small case. My family was the original party to report to the Navy on my behalf. NCIS was supposed to investigate, they had nothing, so they strongly pressured me to admit I did the thing. Well, I didn't and I was exceedingly hostile. It's what they do.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2020, 07:29:39 AM »
This makes for a very interesting read...

Judge Sullivan's actions with the Flynn case apparently fly in the face of two on-point Supreme Court rulings, including a recent one that was unanimous.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markchenoweth/2020/05/14/judge-sullivan-disregards-two-controlling-precedents-by-appointing-amicus-in-flynn-case/#5a8b94f86f0a
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2020, 08:47:55 AM »
This makes for a very interesting read...

Judge Sullivan's actions with the Flynn case apparently fly in the face of two on-point Supreme Court rulings, including a recent one that was unanimous.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markchenoweth/2020/05/14/judge-sullivan-disregards-two-controlling-precedents-by-appointing-amicus-in-flynn-case/#5a8b94f86f0a

Violating norms is only bad when Trump does it.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »
Violating norms is only bad when Trump does it.

There are no norms until Trump violates them
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 11:33:51 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2020, 05:05:56 PM »
When in doubt impeach

House Democrats told the Supreme Court on Monday that they are again in the midst of an "ongoing presidential impeachment investigation" as part of their "weighty constitutional responsibility" – and, the Democrats argued, redacted grand-jury material from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s now-completed Russia probe must be turned over as a result.
Specifically, the Democrats said they were looking into "the possible exercise of improper political influence over recent decisions made in the Roger Stone and Michael Flynn prosecutions, both of which were initiated by the special counsel."

Dems tell Supreme Court of 'ongoing' new impeachment inquiry in effort to obtain Mueller materials
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-cite-ongoing-new-impeachment-inquiry-in-effort-to-obtain-mueller-materials
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2020, 10:52:59 PM »
Heard an interesting speculation . . . wouldn't it be grand if, once this Flynn trial stuff is dropped, Trump named him as the new FBI director?  >:D 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain