Author Topic: Michael Flynn News  (Read 13079 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Michael Flynn News
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2020, 10:55:06 PM »
Heard an interesting speculation . . . wouldn't it be grand if, once this Flynn trial stuff is dropped, Trump named him as the new FBI director?  >:D 

I too,  read Kim du Toit on the regular  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2020, 06:43:41 PM »
Maybe one of the attorneys here can chime in because this sounds weird to layman me. The current judge in the Flynn case has hired an attorney to speak for him regarding his decisions in an ongoing case.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/05/23/what-a-circus-techno-fog-and-others-weigh-in-on-judge-emmet-sullivan-hiring-an-attorney-to-represent-him/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2020, 08:15:32 PM »
Linked in another thread, good questions asked by the presidents press secretary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28pZKRcog3Q&feature=youtu.be
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2020, 08:52:53 PM »
Maybe one of the attorneys here can chime in because this sounds weird to layman me. The current judge in the Flynn case has hired an attorney to speak for him regarding his decisions in an ongoing case.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/05/23/what-a-circus-techno-fog-and-others-weigh-in-on-judge-emmet-sullivan-hiring-an-attorney-to-represent-him/

To it undermines any remaining idea that he is actually impartial. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2020, 10:17:40 PM »
So MSNBC hired Lisa Page as an analyst...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2020, 10:43:45 PM »
So MSNBC hired Lisa Page as an analyst...

You misspelled "anal cyst".
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2020, 01:09:39 AM »
For a time, my signature at work was: "Señor Programmer/Analcyst". Well, they said we could choose our own titles...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2020, 01:09:37 PM »
Should?  Yes.  Will?  Highly unlikely.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2020, 12:48:45 AM »
Handwritten notes from fired former FBI agent Peter Strzok show that Obama himself directed key aspects of the campaign to target Flynn during a Jan. 5, 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/24/explosive-new-fbi-notes-confirm-obama-directed-anti-flynn-operation/

Now to sit back and watch the drama unfold the nothing happen. Or the Democrats will somehow turn this into Republicans racially pouncing.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2020, 07:49:56 AM »
Enough talk! When do the burnings at the stake begin? I've got some hot dogs on hold.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2020, 08:47:29 AM »
I mean we could riot and pull down statues of Marx, Lenin, and Obama. That's the cool thing to do right?

Should we burn some token suburbs first, or just go straight to burning Georgetown and Chevy Chase?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2020, 08:58:00 AM »
I mean we could riot and pull down statues of Marx, Lenin, and Obama. That's the cool thing to do right?

Should we burn some token suburbs first, or just go straight to burning Georgetown and Chevy Chase?

All the cool  kids are doing it :P

Burning at the stake as in when we start seeing people getting punished not literally burning things.. or people.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2020, 09:59:40 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2020, 08:42:19 AM »
My bet is that the rogue judge will double down.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2020, 09:25:41 AM »
I guess Sullivan has 3 options.  Grant the dismissal, request a rehearing en banc, or appeal straight to SCOTUS. 

He's probably going to try to drag it out past January 4 in hopes of a Biden administration that will reinstate the persecution of Flynn. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2020, 12:27:54 PM »
My bet is that the rogue judge will double down.

The fact that he has yet to dismiss the case would seem to support your bet.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
Given everything that's come out, my guess is that if it eventually goes in front of Diana and the rest of the Supremes it's not going to go the way the libs want it to.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2020, 12:47:33 PM »
Sullivan, particularly if he doubles down, but honestly even if not, should be impeached and removed and disbarred.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2020, 01:34:40 PM »
Sullivan, particularly if he doubles down, but honestly even if not, should be impeached and removed and disbarred.
Agreed.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2020, 03:03:20 PM »

One would hope, but it's unlikely to happen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »
Note that I said "should" not "will".  That was intentional.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2020, 03:06:08 PM »
Given everything that's come out, my guess is that if it eventually goes in front of Diana and the rest of the Supremes it's not going to go the way the libs want it to.

If it gets to the SCOTUS, we may be surprised.  Given some of Robert's recent decisions, I wouldn't make book on a proper and constitutional ruling.