Main Forums > The Roundtable

Mandatory masks?

<< < (2/57) > >>

Nick1911:

--- Quote from: bedlamite on April 28, 2020, 11:10:11 AM ---That was idiotic and blatantly false right from the start. If masks were effective for health care workers, then they were effective for everyone.

--- End quote ---

This.  It was a deliberate manipulation attempt in order to keep the public from buying out all the inventory of masks.

Boomhauer:
95% of the people I see are wearing their masks around their necks or with their nose exposed or they don’t have any kind of seal going on. The unwashed trash also all seem to think the masks are fashion accessories...maybe they should try taking a *expletive deleted*ing bath and washing their damn hands instead.

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: Nick1911 on April 28, 2020, 11:16:36 AM ---This.  It was a deliberate manipulation attempt in order to keep the public from buying out all the inventory of masks.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, lying is usually the wrong way to go.

MechAg94:
Is the purpose of the mask to protect me?  Or to keep those who may not know they are a carrier from further spreading the virus? 

From what I understand, the mask rule that Houston/Harris County tried to do was just a face covering.  You could just wear a bandana over your mouth and nose and be compliant.  (The cowboy hat and gun belt might draw unwanted attention.)  IMO, the bandana is at least effective at keeping any particulate from projecting from your mouth or nose while going about your day. 

TechMan:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on April 28, 2020, 11:55:43 AM ---Is the purpose of the mask to protect me?  Or to keep those who may not know they are a carrier from further spreading the virus? 

From what I understand, the mask rule that Houston/Harris County tried to do was just a face covering.  You could just wear a bandana bananas over your mouth and nose and be compliant.  (The cowboy hat and gun belt might draw unwanted attention.)  IMO, the bandana is at least effective at keeping any particulate from projecting from your mouth or nose while going about your day. 

--- End quote ---

FIFY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version