Author Topic: Mandatory masks?  (Read 23075 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Mandatory masks?
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2020, 11:34:08 AM »
BS.  Freedom of association means skipping Costco until they ditch the mask rule, if one is so inclined.  No rights are violated. 

This. Don't like the mask rule? Go to MalWart/Sam's Club
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2020, 02:08:24 PM »
charby, do you really think Costco requiring masks in their store is the same thing as government requiring masks everywhere? I mean, as far as your individual rights are concerned?

It might be (kinda) if the government coerced Costco into requiring masks.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2020, 02:52:09 PM »
It might be (kinda) if the government coerced Costco into requiring masks.

Then would you boycott them for doing it?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2020, 02:53:36 PM »
I'm amazed by how many armchair patriots are in my facebook newsfeed now. 
Patriot act good.  War on drugs, good.  Civil forfeiture, good.  Masks for 30 days?  AW HELL NAW!

Those rants against the Patriot Act, the war on drugs and civil forfeiture have been some of your best armchair patriot moments.  :P

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2020, 02:54:20 PM »
Then would you boycott them for doing it?

No.  That's between Costco and the government; I'm just a third party.  I am just trying to see *some* point to Charby's trolling.
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2020, 03:40:29 PM »
No.  That's between Costco and the government; I'm just a third party.  I am just trying to see *some* point to Charby's trolling.

Yes it's trolling, it's the people's love affair with Costco and yet they are willing to spend money their even though Costco has some policies that goes against things they believe in. It's like the people who won't eat at BWW because nationwide they have banned firearms on their property, but proudly tell everyone about how great Kirkland Whisky, feed their freedom hound with Kirkland Kibble and wipe their red, white, and blue ass with Kirkland 500pk of TP.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2020, 03:47:49 PM »
Yes it's trolling, it's the people's love affair with Costco and yet they are willing to spend money their even though Costco has some policies that goes against things they believe in. It's like the people who won't eat at BWW because nationwide they have banned firearms on their property, but proudly tell everyone about how great Kirkland Whisky, feed their freedom hound with Kirkland Kibble and wipe their red, white, and blue ass with Kirkland 500pk of TP.

Oh brother. Do you refuse to shop anywhere that doesn't exactly align with your beliefs? Because I'm pretty sure in the past you have trolled in the other direction, criticizing people who refuse to shop at a store that doesn't align with all their beliefs.

You must be getting really bored at home.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2020, 03:52:15 PM »
Oh brother. Do you refuse to shop anywhere that doesn't exactly align with your beliefs? Because I'm pretty sure in the past you have trolled in the other direction, criticizing people who refuse to shop at a store that doesn't align with all their beliefs.

You must be getting really bored at home.

If I refused to shop anywhere that didn't align with my beliefs, I would have no place to shop. I've criticized because people boycott when it's convenient or it's a place they don't frequent anyways, especially when they are a 2nd amendment chest thumper armchair bubba warrior. If you're a true believer, you need to follow through.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2020, 04:00:50 PM »
If I refused to shop anywhere that didn't align with my beliefs, I would have no place to shop. I've criticized because people boycott when it's convenient or it's a place they don't frequent anyways, especially when they are a 2nd amendment chest thumper armchair bubba warrior. If you're a true believer, you need to follow through.

Then who is "you"? Because as far as I know, none of the many members here that are Costco lovers fit your description.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2020, 04:07:17 PM »
Then who is "you"? Because as far as I know, none of the many members here that are Costco lovers fit your description.

I am Groot.

I'm actually hoping that I am rational enough to realize that you can't always get what you want and just because I believe in a certain thing, not everyone else is going to, possibly the majority of the people don't and I'll never get a small percentage what I want. I also feel that if a person ascertains to be inflexible in their beliefs, they also should walk the walk.

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2020, 05:48:49 PM »
I can't wait till I get home and can wear my M40 mask to the store......

I wish I still had my Mark V gas mask.

If .gov starts mandating face masks I'll go with either Guy Fawkes or Plague Doctor masks.

Private business, I'll comply with their requirements if I need to patronize their establishment.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2020, 06:19:10 PM »
Some of "you" need to go back to work.

On the plus side I had a customer give me p100 refills today in case I go anywhere.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2020, 07:51:49 PM »
Buddy with 3d printer will be happy to make plague doctor masks for anyone who wants one for $40 shipped.  If there's interest I'll take a bunch of pics of mine and start another thread.  They're a fun novelty.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2020, 08:13:13 PM »
I thought it might be funny to wear a mask like this and see what sort of looks you get.   =D

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2020, 08:34:50 PM »
Maybe I should get an Obama mask.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2020, 08:44:51 PM »

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2020, 12:24:35 PM »

...especially when they are a 2nd amendment chest thumper armchair bubba warrior. If you're a true believer, you need to follow through.

I reject your authoritay, so you can't make me follow through.  :nyah nyah:  Damned do-gooder !

Terry

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2020, 03:04:29 PM »
I'm wondering if the lawyers and insurance companies are forcing retail places to require masks of their customers so their employees can't sue the employer if they get sick. Even in the "open" counties of Iowa, many retail businesses just started requiring customers to wear masks to enter the store or buy one for a $1 to gain entry.

Also seen a few pictures on Facebook of some stores with armed security at the entrances, not sure if this is true or a pile of steaming bovine excrement. I need to venture out for some copper tubing for a project, see if Menards has armed security like the folks on Facebook are claiming they do.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »

Also seen a few pictures on Facebook of some stores with armed security at the entrances, not sure if this is true or a pile of steaming bovine excrement. I need to venture out for some copper tubing for a project, see if Menards has armed security like the folks on Facebook are claiming they do.

Forgot where I just read it, but a Dollar Store somewhere had a security guard for mask monitoring. He apparently got into it with some woman who then went home to get her husband or baby daddy or whatever who then came back and shot the guard for "disrespecting" his wife.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »
Forgot where I just read it, but a Dollar Store somewhere had a security guard for mask monitoring. He apparently got into it with some woman who then went home to get her husband or baby daddy or whatever who then came back and shot the guard for "disrespecting" his wife.

I read that too, Michigan I think where it happened.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2020, 03:29:09 PM »
A Texas county sent the SWAT teams out for no/mask social distancing protestors who were also open carrying. That's a lot of cops for a half dozen guys. Also, their battle wagon had a guy in the turret.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/05/05/wtf-texas-ector-county-swat-team-raids-bar-during-peaceful-protest-against-state-lockdown-order/

I wonder how close to "that's my line in the sand" it will be if someone gets shot in the face for not wearing a mask?

Regardless of what this was about, somebody needs to take their armored vehicle, replace it with a minivan, and make every one of those cops wear pink uniforms and carry revolvers.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2020, 03:33:42 PM »

Regardless of what this was about, somebody needs to take their armored vehicle, replace it with a minivan, and make every one of those cops wear pink uniforms and carry revolvers.

I miss the days of old when cops wore the bus driver hat, clip on tie, and rolled around town in sedan with cherries on top.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2020, 08:21:04 PM »
I miss the days of old when cops wore the bus driver hat, clip on tie, and rolled around town in sedan with cherries on top.

Cops should be more Andy Griffith, less TK421.