Author Topic: Mandatory masks?  (Read 23062 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Mandatory masks?
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2020, 01:34:12 PM »
"I wouldn't be surprised if those cards work at a lot of places. "

Now Cletus, you know you can't be a'comin in here without a mask!

No worries, Cletus, ah got's me one of them thar exemptions! See 'har!

Well, Cletus, ah guess y'all can come on in!

You've just watched a scene from the new reality show Dueling Cleti. Tune in next week for more slackjawed fun!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2020, 02:24:52 PM »
I know that at one time, the FTBA site was selling them in bulk for relatively cheaply, and they were a multi-card sheet off a color laser printer.  Individuals were then selling them cut to size and laminated, and when I asked patients about them, the typical price was anywhere from $ 25 to 50.  I just checked, and the cards are no longer available on the EBay or Etsy sites.

Hell, there's even a problem with fake service dog vests.

https://www.dogster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Fake-Service-Dog-Patches.jpg

http://www.animalsalvation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Fake-service-dogs-1.jpg

Same sindrome, I guess.

Terry, 230RN

(Yeah, I know how to spell it.)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:54:44 PM by 230RN »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2020, 02:33:26 PM »
How do you know that someone's "service animal" is fake?

The animal is a bigger ahole than the human.

Can't tell you how many times I've seen this in action... Normally a snappy, yappy, ill tempered mutt.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2020, 02:58:10 PM »
“As I’ve made clear from this podium, the president is the most tested man in America,” White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters. “He’s tested more than anyone, multiple times a day, and we believe that he’s acting appropriately.”

Pressed on her remarks, which were in response to a question regarding the president’s reluctance to wear a face mask in public, McEnany declined to elaborate on the specific number of times Trump is tested in a 24-hour period.

“He’s tested often. I’m not going to read out exactly how many times he’s tested a day, but sometimes it is more than one time a day,” she said.

If I was tested multiple times a day and everyone I met with was tested beforehand, I probably wouldn't bother to wear a mask either.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2020, 03:46:52 PM »
If the President can tolerate multiple tests a day with a nasopharyngeal swab, my hat is off to him.  Once was enough for me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2020, 05:33:07 PM »
If I was tested multiple times a day and everyone I met with was tested beforehand, I probably wouldn't bother to wear a mask either.

Sometimes you need to be seen leading from the front.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #206 on: July 21, 2020, 07:35:25 PM »
Sometimes you need to be seen leading from the front.

Because no one will do anything unless or until the Prez does it first ..... [tinfoil]     >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2020, 07:37:55 PM »
Because no one will do anything unless or until the Prez does it first ..... [tinfoil]     >:D

No, that's not what I meant at all. But [this week] the fed.gov is saying you should wear masks in public (I'm pretty sure).  If his agencies are putting that out, he should wear a mask in public as well because it's important to be seen as willing to do the annoying things you are asking others to do. Leadership 101, literally.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2020, 07:39:29 PM »
Well, I was  being sarcastic .... =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2020, 03:27:42 PM »
https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/couple-wears-swastika-face-masks-at-walmart-in-minnesota/

I have had related issues at some of my clinics: people come in with 'F**k Inslee' (the name of the state governor) printed on the mask.  They then have a choice to remove their offensive material and put on another mask, or they can leave.  And don't tell me that I am oppressing your First Amendment rights; I am not the government and you should have learned the difference in school, dipstick.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2020, 03:50:12 PM »
"I am not the government and you should have learned the difference in school, dipstick."

Well you're positively the worst Hitler who has ever Hitlered! Sieg what the hell, dude!

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

OK, serious question...

If they were to enter with a Soviet-style hammer & sickle mast, or one with Che' on it, would you also give them change or leave options?

Why or why not?

EDIT IN: Oh, wait, I misread your post. I thought it was you who booted Mr. & Mrs. Himler from your clinic.

Well, if someone did come in with a swastika on their mask, I'm assuming you'd boot them. Now we can loop back to my question about the hammer & sickle/Che masks hypotheticals...

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2020, 05:21:12 PM »
Our county prosecutor sent out an email to all the LE agencies in the county saying that agencies do not have the authority to enforce it in any way.  I thought that was interesting.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2020, 05:37:15 PM »
"I am not the government and you should have learned the difference in school, dipstick."

Well you're positively the worst Hitler who has ever Hitlered! Sieg what the hell, dude!

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

OK, serious question...

If they were to enter with a Soviet-style hammer & sickle mast, or one with Che' on it, would you also give them change or leave options?

Why or why not?

EDIT IN: Oh, wait, I misread your post. I thought it was you who booted Mr. & Mrs. Himler from your clinic.

Well, if someone did come in with a swastika on their mask, I'm assuming you'd boot them. Now we can loop back to my question about the hammer & sickle/Che masks hypotheticals...

I thought I saw a Don't Tread On Me mask.  I need to look for those.  We have at least a few more months of this crap.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2020, 06:22:05 PM »
If I actually lived around people I would get a Lone Ranger or Zorro mask.

Tell the first Karen that it just says mask mandatory.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »
I have a Gadsden flag and a Guy Fawkes mask on order for when I have to go back to work.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2020, 06:29:47 PM »
A Gadsden flag COVID mask kinda reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/KMEViYvojtY?t=8

:laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2020, 06:33:50 PM »
The irony is not lost on me.  =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2020, 07:46:14 PM »

Why or why not?

The standard corporate is using is 'offensive' material.  In this case, it was the profanity.  If someone came in with a mask with a political statement such as I heart Che, or Mao killed more people than Hitler, we wave them in with a smile.  I sincerely hope this does not turn into a Justice Potter Stewart situation in that "I know it when I see it", leaving us to make subjective judgments on the fly, and usually by some 22 year old medical assistant.  And then I have to come along and clean up the mess.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2020, 07:50:30 PM »
The standard corporate is using is 'offensive' material.  In this case, it was the profanity.  If someone came in with a mask with a political statement such as I heart Che, or Mao killed more people than Hitler, we wave them in with a smile.  I sincerely hope this does not turn into a Justice Potter Stewart situation in that "I know it when I see it", leaving us to make subjective judgments on the fly, and usually by some 22 year old medical assistant.  And then I have to come along and clean up the mess.

That's what I was wondering about.  Wherever the line is drawn, actual profanity seems to cross it to me.  (I'm assuming it actually  said "*expletive deleted*ck", not "F**k", because the latter would be a lot grayer.)
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2020, 09:48:17 PM »
No, it was the actual four-letter F word, which the software of this board prevents from being seen.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2020, 10:37:21 PM »
Still not wearing a mask in one of the lowest density pop counties east of the mississippi that has had three cases. Out in the world I do where appropriate. Been out in the company vehicle lately and I use my turn signals and wear the damn mask. Represent my employer, not me so I conform to societal norms. Strangely, we had some employees refuse to wear a mask at a jobsite and they still have a job. I have overtime because I had to go do their work. Yet another jobsite has everyone scanned with an IR camera. Just the things you do if you want a functioning economy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2020, 11:02:15 PM »
"Conform to societal norms" - did you also burn down a Wendy's for racial justice?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2020, 07:24:21 AM »
The standard corporate is using is 'offensive' material.  In this case, it was the profanity.  If someone came in with a mask with a political statement such as I heart Che, or Mao killed more people than Hitler, we wave them in with a smile.  I sincerely hope this does not turn into a Justice Potter Stewart situation in that "I know it when I see it", leaving us to make subjective judgments on the fly, and usually by some 22 year old medical assistant.  And then I have to come along and clean up the mess.

I'm not trying to pin you down, but I get rather annoyed when people lose their minds over Hitlerism but devolve into paroxysms of love and adulation for the Commies who were, in truth, worse than Hitler by a long shot.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2020, 08:54:45 AM »
I'm not trying to pin you down, but I get rather annoyed when people lose their minds over Hitlerism but devolve into paroxysms of love and adulation for the Commies who were, in truth, worse than Hitler by a long shot.

Those are the current societal norms . . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2020, 10:22:02 AM »
Those are the current societal norms . . . . .

And they should be fought, tooth and nail.