Author Topic: Mandatory masks?  (Read 23063 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Mandatory masks?
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2020, 07:36:51 PM »
What is this?

Airsoft mask.  Wire mesh, super breathable.  The very soul of malicious compliance.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2020, 09:03:06 PM »
I was talking to a friends grandson today who works in Kansas. Masks came up and I mentioned they are mandatory in Kansas. He said really? No one wears them. I said yeah I know.

If I go to Kansas I wear my gator which doesn't do crap. If I am worried I put on my P100 and everyone else can breath my germs.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2020, 10:13:26 PM »
In today's environment I can't tell 8f that's supposed to be satire or real.
Please tell me it's a joke.

Oh no it’s real. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article244861827.html
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2020, 10:32:43 PM »
Lawdog is back,  and thinks a lot of this is bullshit.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2020/08/on-tyranny.html
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2020, 10:49:26 PM »
"It's good, though..."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »
No.  I keep seeing articles about how so-and-so didn't wear a mask and now they are dead.  The tone is almost gleeful.

I see these types of posts in lots of leftbook groups.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2020, 09:39:45 AM »
Yes it's stupid, but the fix is simple -- turn off your camera.

Don't give them any ideas, they will probably mandate that the cameras be on.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »
Don't give them any ideas, they will probably mandate that the cameras be on.

You need to use a webcam.
If you want me to use a webcam you need to provide me with broadband service that will support it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2020, 10:16:29 AM »
Jesus Wept...

My neighbor was out the other evening with his daughter and dog for their evening walk. They were going past a 3-story condo community on the street into our community and there was an Aerial Karen on one of the 3rd floor balconies screaming at people on the sidewalks to "put on a mask, don't you know there's a pandemic?"

At the best of times the sidewalks aren't heavily populated and it's really easy to distance from people either by walking into the condo association's grass or out a little bit into the street, which also doesn't see a huge amount of traffic.

I walk Seren up past the condos quite regularly and have never had a problem distancing from others when we pass them by. But that's apparently not good enough for Aerial Karen.

People are just *expletive deleted*ing nuts.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2020, 11:34:20 AM »
Jesus Wept...

My neighbor was out the other evening with his daughter and dog for their evening walk. They were going past a 3-story condo community on the street into our community and there was an Aerial Karen on one of the 3rd floor balconies screaming at people on the sidewalks to "put on a mask, don't you know there's a pandemic?"

At the best of times the sidewalks aren't heavily populated and it's really easy to distance from people either by walking into the condo association's grass or out a little bit into the street, which also doesn't see a huge amount of traffic.

I walk Seren up past the condos quite regularly and have never had a problem distancing from others when we pass them by. But that's apparently not good enough for Aerial Karen.

People are just *expletive deleted*ing nuts.

Buy a paintball gun and light her up.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2020, 05:20:52 PM »
Going down the interstate I got behind a car with Ready for Hillary stickers doing maybe 40-45 in a 55 zone while everyone else was doing 65+.
As I pass the car I look over and see a Pee-Wee Herman looking guy wearing gloves, a facemask, and a full size face shield while driving.
If you have to know, yes it was a Prius
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
Going down the interstate I got behind a car with Ready for Hillary stickers doing maybe 40-45 in a 55 zone while everyone else was doing 65+.
As I pass the car I look over and see a Pee-Wee Herman looking guy wearing gloves, a facemask, and a full size face shield while driving.
If you have to know, yes it was a Prius

Dude, I'm pretty sure that I saw his UTS (ugly twin sister) the other day when I was at a stoplight...

We have a woman (I think?) who works here who is pretty much covered, head to toe.

Long sleeves, gloves, balaclava-type head covering, mask, and full face shield.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2020, 05:41:35 PM »
I see the new dem presidential candidate Harris calling for a national mask order. Where does that federal power rest and what federal force is going to strung out over the nation to enforce it?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2020, 05:58:45 PM »
At first everyone will be required to wear masks. Then they'll discover that only women are protected by masks or capable of spreading the disease. Then only women will be required to wear face coverings in public but they must be accompanied by a male relative.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2020, 06:00:32 PM »
That is so 2020.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2020, 06:29:40 PM »
I see the new dem presidential candidate Harris calling for a national mask order. Where does that federal power rest and what federal force is going to strung out over the nation to enforce it?

Quit giving them ideas

What you need to know about COVID-19: Biden calls for nationwide mask mandate
https://www.wlky.com/article/coronavirus-august-13/33592232
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2020, 06:43:47 PM »
I missed it answering my questions.

I can go days without seeing anyone I'm not around everyday. Big city's I can see masks. That is why crowded china is used to wearing them. But little places that have seen no cases will not go along with a national mask mandate. Are they going to roll out the national guard?

I wear a mask because of my health when I go outside my little circle but how can trump do it?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2020, 06:59:19 PM »
Apparently Biden is saying everyone needs a mask anytime they're outside.  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »
Apparently Biden is saying everyone needs a mask anytime they're outside.  :facepalm:

That would work very well for Rosie ODonell.  [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2020, 09:44:00 PM »
That would work very well for Rosie ODonell.  [popcorn]

That's probably very clever but I don't get it ???  (does it still ruin the joke if I ask you to explain it?)
"It's good, though..."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2020, 10:15:08 PM »

I think Trump or an advisor kinda gets this, but stupid statements never get pounded in the media. Ok, you got a national mask mandate. Under what authority? Welfare clause? Interstate commerce, sure why not since it's like your sister and everyone has had a turn. But how do you enforce? Even at the state level where orders like this should happen how many have called their legislature in session and voted on what rules they want, or is it just governors talking out of their rear? Never make a rule you can't enforce.

I continue to wear a mask where required just to not hassle the service employees who are the government enforcement agents or government victims if someone decides to bust them for non-compliance. Mask today was the least of my worries with everything else they want you to wear to work in a chicken plant. Pretty sure all the tyvek they make you wear isn't the best welding clothes, but fire is fun.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #273 on: August 14, 2020, 08:08:16 AM »
Does anyone make blaze orange masks for hunting season?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2020, 09:54:14 AM »
Just walked into the office and the TV is tuned to CNN.

Big splash line... "BIDEN CALLS FOR NATIONAL MASK MANDATE"