Author Topic: Fluid Gender  (Read 1521 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Fluid Gender
« on: October 07, 2020, 03:34:45 PM »
So I guess if the whole shtick for this "gender fluidity" thing is to confuse people, congratulations:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/transgender-man-files-pregnancy-discrimination-suit-against-amazon-n1242324

Reading that story, I can't figure out if it's a biological male saying he's female and pretending to be pregnant like they pretend to have menstrual cycles, or if it's a biological female pretending to be a man and actually pregnant.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Fluid Gender
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 03:51:10 PM »
The article describes the person as a "transgender man", and I'm fairly certain that means woman pretending to be a man.  So yes, she could be pregnant for real.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 03:54:23 PM »
Yes, he is a biological female, identifying as a male, who is pregnant.  I have seen several such patients in my career.  If they have had top surgery, breast feeding is off the table, and the hormone regimen may have to be modified, but otherwise, it is managed as any other pregnancy.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 04:30:14 PM »
Fluid Gender...

Is that like Wite Out or something?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 05:08:55 PM »
I think he's talking about pipe fittings.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 06:38:36 PM »
Hydraulics?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 06:44:57 PM »
You know what else is fluid? Diarrhea
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 07:18:32 PM »
I just got my flu shot - on the form under "gender" there were three choices: male, female, and other.  

:facepalm:

The inmates really are running the asylum - and have been for some time.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 07:33:14 PM »
So I guess if the whole shtick for this "gender fluidity" thing is to confuse people, congratulations:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/transgender-man-files-pregnancy-discrimination-suit-against-amazon-n1242324

Reading that story, I can't figure out if it's a biological male saying he's female and pretending to be pregnant like they pretend to have menstrual cycles, or if it's a biological female pretending to be a man and actually pregnant.

If they're actually calling it a "man", then they're using the LARP assumed identity.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 07:45:13 PM »
I just got my flu shot - on the form under "gender" there were three choices: male, female, and other.  

:facepalm:

The inmates really are running the asylum - and have been for some time.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when people involved with medicine will abandon biological fact.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 09:31:53 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty bad when people involved with medicine will abandon biological fact.

In healthcare, a distinction is usually drawn between sex and gender.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 09:34:22 PM »
Bigot.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 09:39:14 PM »

I thought you guys were all about science?

"Trans" anything is mental illness turned victim class.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 10:32:14 PM »
Simmons said he was soon harassed by other employees at the warehouse, including in the men’s bathroom, where one worker asked, “Aren’t you pregnant?”

Menno and Houpt also allegedly began criticizing Simmons’ work performance in an attempt to get him demoted.

So the "harassment" was someone confused about HIS pregnancy?  That is the worst they can mention? 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 11:37:42 PM »

Street elbow. Goes in female, takes a funny turn and comes out male.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2020, 01:34:02 AM »
Yes, he is a biological female, identifying as a male, who is pregnant.  I have seen several such patients in my career.  If they have had top surgery, breast feeding is off the table, and the hormone regimen may have to be modified, but otherwise, it is managed as any other pregnancy.

I am always amused by these discussions but almost never get involved in them.  It would appear, under even the most casual independent examination, that gender "smudging" seems to occur across almost all cultures and almost all history.

Pardon my tentative conclusion, therefore, that the real "science" ( wisdom, knowledge ) is that this "smudging" is a natural fact.

It is, indeed, the reality.

Some of us deal with the reality in a rational manner, but some of us "Karen" our way through it even though for the most part it's none of our actual business.

Long ago I decided that for the most part, and barring actual harm, a person could go to either heaven or hell as fast as they wanted, in their own brand of handbasket, with whatever parts they added or subtracted and it's none of my business.

One could stretch things to make specious claims that it is indeed one's business, but at root and fount, it usually isn't.

Terry
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:06:53 AM by 230RN »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2020, 07:24:49 AM »
Some of us deal with the reality in a rational manner, but some of us "Karen" our way through it even though for the most part it's none of our actual business.

One could stretch things to make specious claims that it is indeed one's business,...

It becomes "our" business when those who smudge their way through the world require us to adhere to their new smudged lines.  Their smudging may be natural to them, but it is nowhere close to the normal of all of us.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2020, 10:11:54 AM »
It becomes "our" business when those who smudge their way through the world require us to adhere to their new smudged lines.  Their smudging may be natural to them, but it is nowhere close to the normal of all of us.

You missed the memo that we need to tear down every aspect of society that works for the 99% of people and replace it with something that works better for the few exceptions. Sure, by doing this we actually make it worse for practically everybody, but practically everybody don't matter; only the special minority matters... except not, because eventually of course the worsening of society worsens life even for the minorities, ultimately helping nobody at all, but it's not about making things better for the most people and it's actually not about making them better for the minorities either, the important thing is to be on the right side of history and make sure your friends know.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2020, 10:38:00 AM »
Diversity isn't our strength but requires more and more centralized control and power over the normal people to keep things from flying apart.

Diversity is the hammer our oligarchs are using to destroy the remnants of the functioning high trust protestant anglo saxon based system of culture and government. The constitutional Republic has been a dead man walking since before any of us were born.

I have no desire to lord over leftists and would like the option of being able to separate myself from them and from being under their control. The problem of course is the vast majority of Americans including Republicans and so called conservatives are someplace to the left of center when you examine their core beliefs.

The right in America, actually the western world, is not right at all but leftists moving just a little slower than the vanguard. The American "right", like Buckley, only yell stop! They never change or reverse course.

There really is no escape therefore.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.