Author Topic: White House Has a New Press Secretary  (Read 4571 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: White House Has a New Press Secretary
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2020, 07:15:19 AM »
Imagine some wrongthinker picking on the appearance of a liberal woman who had been through some pretty serious surgery that was likely to impact their self-image.

Word.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 01:27:36 PM »
In more twitter fun:

1 Hour ago she started trending for "dancing around" a question by Fox's John Robert's regarding [yet another] denunciation of white supremacy.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1311689723438563329

45 min ago she tweeted @johnrobertsFox to check his WIFE'S story from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1311707130160873472

=D =D

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 02:27:16 PM »
This whole asking Trump about white supremacy thing is akin to "so when did you stop beating your wife?".

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 04:50:11 PM »
This whole asking Trump about white supremacy thing is akin to "so when did you stop beating your wife?".

Agreed.  I think they are just fishing for sounds bytes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2020, 11:35:18 AM »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 01:20:04 PM »

OMG!  She probably infected half of the White House Press Corps!   :O :O :O
( >:D  >:D  >:D)
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 01:40:58 PM »
OMG!  She probably infected half of the White House Press Corps!   :O :O :O
( >:D  >:D  >:D)

Which would be hilarious, because the people infected would be the ones screaming about not wearing masks (while the cameras are rolling), social distancing, or sanitizing hands, etc. If they were all practicing what they nag about, how could they have caught the virus?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2020, 02:01:31 PM »
Which would be hilarious, because the people infected would be the ones screaming about not wearing masks (while the cameras are rolling), social distancing, or sanitizing hands, etc. If they were all practicing what they nag about, how could they have caught the virus?

Exactimundo.  I've lost track of the number of post-press conference camera feeds that were left live for a bit as the press got up and left the room.  Darn near every one of them were shucking their masks as soon as they stood up.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 02:03:18 PM »
Exactimundo.  I've lost track of the number of post-press conference camera feeds that were left live for a bit as the press got up and left the room.  Darn near every one of them were shucking their masks as soon as the stood up.

https://twitter.com/yrnf/status/1311065135667204096
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?