Author Topic: White House Has a New Press Secretary  (Read 4542 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
White House Has a New Press Secretary
« on: May 06, 2020, 11:32:59 PM »
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/05/06/one-for-the-ages-mollie-hemingway-singles-out-best-part-of-wh-presssec-kayleigh-mcenany-owning-media-over-coronavirus-reporting/

And she blasts the media.

The best part is the whiny reporter at the end saying "you were prepared for that!"

Yes, she was. Because (1) it's her job and (2) you stupid liberals are so UTTERLY predictable.

You don't want her coming back with 5 examples of your specific malfeasance? Don't play obvious gotcha games.

But you've proven you're too stupid to turn away from pain, like every other lower level organism knows to do, so we'll be enjoying this until her tenure is up.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: White House Has a New Press Secretary
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 06:50:09 AM »
BAM!!
 :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 08:20:23 AM »
I remember Kayleigh from when she used to be a Red Eye panelist. If this is a taste of how she'll handle all press conferences, I look forward to journalist tears.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 08:55:07 AM »
That was well played.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 10:02:36 AM »
"RIGHT INNA LABONZA !"

Yeah, and I thought the "You were prepared for that!" "accusation" was pretty inane.

Of course she was, diphead.  But you loaded the round, closed the breech, locked it, and handed her the lanyard.

Terry, 230RN

Pic credit in properties
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:54:27 AM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »
Man, she has been on a nonstop roll ever since taking the position.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/05/16/perhaps-you-should-look-into-it-kayleigh-mcenany-lays-a-glorious-smackdown-on-media-with-obamagate-facts-theyve-been-ignoring/

She also did a good job extricating Trump from his "super duper missile" comment. Though I'm still not sure if he let something slip there or if it was already covered in one of the many military tech websites out there that seem to have leads for sensitive stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 10:19:50 AM »
I was disappointed to see Sarah Sanders step down but it looks like this fiery young woman is doing a damn good job.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 12:05:53 PM »
I've liked all the press secs except the last one. They need to do some WWE style presser where some idjit lobs in another gotcha question and Sanders and Spicer pop out of the curtain to get it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 03:37:21 AM »
For better or worse white house press briefings are pretty adversarial. The fawning approval of the Obama years was a bit much, but I honestly feel like what we have now is too focused on scoring points, and we the people aren't getting info that is probably useful.

That said, it IS going to be a fight in there, and I can't blame the administration for wanting to win that fight.  The new secretary seems both willing and capable of delivering verbal beatings as often as needed.

Since she seems smart, capable,  and good at her job, I suspect she won't last all that long.  Those traits seem to lead one afoul of the CinC's temper sooner rather than later.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 12:31:30 PM »
If the media outlets stopped being partisan and asked actual solid questions meant to increase the public's understanding of complex issues then ... oh never mind  :rofl:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 10:07:54 PM »
This seems appropriate:

https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-appoints-angry-honey-badger-as-new-press-secretary

On the badger's off days he will be replaced by a swarm of murder hornets.
=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 11:37:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1263297288149110785

“You had Chris Cuomo saying, ‘the president knows that hydroxychloroquine is not supported by science. He knows it has been flagged by his own people and he’s using it,'” McEnany said during the press briefing on Wednesday as she highlighted attacks from the media on Trump taking the drug that he got from his doctor.

“Well, Cuomo mocked the president for this and interestingly, I found this out just before coming here, hydroxychloroquine, of course, is an FDA approved medication with a long proven track record for safety,” McEnany continued. “And it turns out that Chris Cuomo took a less safe version of it called quinine, which the FDA removed from the market in 2006 because of its serious side effects, including death. So really interesting to have that criticism of the president.”

And if you haven't read that laughably prolix post from Chris Cuomo's wife, on all the non-FDA-approved ways she is treating herself and her husband for Covid, you really are missing out. Links below to a collection of low-lights and to the full retard version.

https://pagesix.com/2020/04/23/cristina-cuomo-posts-list-of-out-of-touch-coronavirus-remedies/
https://thepuristonline.com/2020/04/cristina-cuomo-corona-protocol-week-3/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 05:09:15 PM »
BAM!

I like her.

Not that the MSM will ever take her suggestions to heart though.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 05:21:29 PM »
I wish the press secretary didn't have to treat the media like the enemy. Sadly, it's the only approach that makes sense.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 11:32:55 PM »
She certainly takes no prisoners.  I like her style.
Has she ripped Acosta a new one yet?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 12:07:19 AM »
A new one? He is one.  :lol:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 02:56:19 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 01:50:21 PM »
I made the mistake of browsing some comments on a yahoo news article and a few people were bashing her and Trump for being combative with the press.  I fail to see what they are complaining about.  The press has been combative with Republican Presidents for decades.  They ramped it up excessively in the last few years.  I wonder what they think when the press practically insults foreign dignitaries by commenting/asking about domestic issues when Trump is doing a joint press conference. 

I think this is it.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chris-matthews-kayleigh-mcenany-015510487.html
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 06:15:24 PM »
Super Girl
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2020, 03:22:01 PM »
Man, she has got to be one of the most prepared Press Secretaries ever. Looks like she was going straight to her references as soon as this joker started speaking, and well done on calling out the double standard.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1303747267669692416

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2020, 03:51:53 PM »
Man, she has got to be one of the most prepared Press Secretaries ever. Looks like she was going straight to her references as soon as this joker started speaking, and well done on calling out the double standard.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1303747267669692416

I am always heartened to see the liberal women attacking other woman for dressing or looking "slutty" when they don't like their politics.  I save them to throw back at my inlaws when I want out of a holiday visit.  I notice like the second comment in that is some liberal female talking about her "pink cocktail dress".  Stop slut shaming Karen.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2020, 12:12:24 AM »
I am always heartened to see the liberal women attacking other woman for dressing or looking "slutty" when they don't like their politics.  I save them to throw back at my inlaws when I want out of a holiday visit.  I notice like the second comment in that is some liberal female talking about her "pink cocktail dress".  Stop slut shaming Karen.

Imagine some wrongthinker picking on the appearance of a liberal woman who had been through some pretty serious surgery that was likely to impact their self-image.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.