Main Forums > The Roundtable

Jogger shot in Georgia

<< < (2/44) > >>

MechAg94:
The other part I was thinking:  if your mind is zoned in on an activity and someone comes up and starts yelling at you, it may take a few seconds to register what they are saying.  Seeing a gun is not going to help that.

I hadn't heard about the case, but came across the video yesterday.  I find it hard to believe it was ruled as justified, but if they didn't have the video, maybe they believed whatever story was told.  I get the impression the guys with the guns thought things through less than the jogger did.  

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: makattak on May 07, 2020, 09:15:40 AM ---The video really doesn't look good for the two shooters.

They would have been justified to ASK him to stop, or to follow at a distance until police arrived, but I saw no evidence they had a reason to attempt to stop him. (By getting, armed, out of the vehicle.)

The jogger could very easily have seen that as a threat to his life. (And, I would argue, DID.)

Reading more about the case, I'm betting the fact that the two shooters were white had much less to do with the lack of charges than the fact that the shooter was a former police officer.

--- End quote ---
True.  That is going to mean more to local police and prosecutors than his skin color.  I was wondering why they were pulling out citizens arrest stuff to justify the shooting.

WLJ:

--- Quote ---“We’re literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes! Can’t even go for a damn jog man! Like WTF man are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!? No man fr [for real] ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I’m sorry Ahmaud(Rest In Paradise) and my prayers and blessings sent to the heavens above to your family!”
--- End quote ---
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lebron-james-ahmaud-arbery-shooting-death

Not to trivialize the apparently avoidable tragedy that occured here but where was Lebron while thousands of blacks were being murdered by other blacks in the months before this happened? I seem to recall hearing nothing but crickets coming from his multi million dollar gated mansion. Brace yourselves for more of this from celebrities, the MSM, libs, and the race baiters, cherry picking murders for political gain. This could be worst than the Martin/Zimmerman case in the noise that's going to be generated. Combine this with the race baiting that's been going on with this C19 business and it's going to be long summer.

dogmush:
I haven't done a lot of research on this, as it just hit my RADAR, but I tend to agree that this doesn't look good for the two shooters.

It also doesn't look good for the law enforcement agencies that spent two months looking really hard to find reasons to justify the shooting by someone they've worked with in the past.

--- Quote from: New York Times ---Gregory McMichael is a former Glynn County police officer and a former investigator with the local district attorney’s office who retired last May.
--- End quote ---

https://www.nytimes.com/article/ahmaud-arbery-shooting-georgia.html

WLJ:

--- Quote from: dogmush on May 07, 2020, 09:55:11 AM ---I haven't done a lot of research on this, as it just hit my RADAR, but I tend to agree that this doesn't look good for the two shooters.

It also doesn't look good for the law enforcement agencies that spent two months looking really hard to find reasons to justify the shooting by someone they've worked with in the past.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/ahmaud-arbery-shooting-georgia.html

--- End quote ---

Paywall

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version