Author Topic: Trans athletes  (Read 1142 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Trans athletes
« on: June 21, 2021, 10:07:41 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/opinion-usa-todays-censorship-of-my-client-chelsea-mitchell-is-unprecedented

This entire case, and others like it, will be the death of women’s sports.  Men that are decent but hardly exceptional athletes, but who have an intense desire to win, and few scruples, will claim to be transgendered so they can win.  Doesn’t matter what testosterone levels they set as a limit for competition.  Going through male puberty changes bone and muscle structures and joints in ways that give a persistent advantage over females. 

IMHO what they (the sports sanctioning bodies) should do is make a category for unaltered XX athletes, and one for everybody else.  Men who get their outie made to an innie (and women who do the opposite) can still compete but only against normal men and other trans.  Alternatively, create a transgender category so they only compete against other trans athletes. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Trans athletes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 10:35:00 PM »
I was reading an article related to this today, and they mentioned that the testosterone level the sports organizations require for the trans to pass as female is still 5X the level of an average female.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 10:50:14 PM »
I would expect that elite female athletes would have significantly above average testosterone levels.  But I doubt it’s 5x.  Maybe 1.5-2.5x.  But even if it is 5x there’s still the fact that male puberty gives substantial advantages in terms of athletics due to the effects on bone and muscles.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 11:14:47 PM »
Too bad transgender people aren't getting the help they need, to accept their actual gender. Instead, they are "celebrated," and used as political weapons for the Left. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 11:54:09 PM »
Alternatively, create a transgender category so they only compete against other trans athletes.

We already have the special Olympics.

Fun fact: the top special Olympics running scores for men are typically faster than the scores for regular Olympics women.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 03:24:15 AM »
We already have the special Olympics.

Fun fact: the top special Olympics running scores for men are typically faster than the scores for regular Olympics women.

Heh.

Also of note, when measuring grip strength, a 50th percentile man is as strong as a 90th percentile elite woman athlete.  Note, that’s full, general, population for the men, but restricted to elite athletes only for the women.  Which probably puts the 50th percentile man on par with a 98th-99th percentile woman.  Hence why men will be kept around as even a middling dude is more able to open the pickle jar than all but the strongest outlier women.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 09:48:24 AM »
As an aside, I think it was Crowder's show that said a very high majority of male trans never get any surgery.  Transvestites may be a more accurate term.  He said a percentage, but I don't remember it. 

I believe there are lawsuits going up the chain at present.  Maybe some of this nonsense can be slowed down.  I really don't want to see some trans boxer beating on a woman.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 11:49:09 AM »
I remember when female Olympians had to "pass" a genetic test via cheek swab to verify XX chromosomes.

There were rumors (and much humor) about Soviet and East German "females" being something else back in the '70s . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 12:16:36 PM »
One of the tranny “athletes” wants to win so it can burn the US  flag on the podium

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/us-olympic-athlete-chelsea-wolfe-burn-flag-podium.amp
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 12:25:19 PM »
I believe there are lawsuits going up the chain at present.  Maybe some of this nonsense can be slowed down.  I really don't want to see some trans boxer beating on a woman.

Meet Fallon Fox

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 12:28:23 PM »
One of the tranny “athletes” wants to win so it can burn the US  flag on the podium

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/us-olympic-athlete-chelsea-wolfe-burn-flag-podium.amp

From the link:

International Olympic Committee policy specifies conditions under which those who transition from male to female are eligible to compete in the female category.

Among them is that the athlete has declared that her gender identity is female and that the declaration cannot be changed, for sporting purposes, for a minimum of four years.

The athlete must also demonstrate that her total testosterone level is below a specific measurement for at least 12 months prior to her first competition.

The IOC policy also states: "the overriding sporting objective is and remains the guarantee of fair competition."

Yeah, right.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 12:39:53 PM »

Hand him/her/it a parachute* and push him/her/it out over N. Korea.

*Optional
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 01:34:13 PM »
Hand him/her/it a parachute* and push him/her/it out over N. Korea.

*Optional

I was thinking a vacation to Iran may help shim/him/they/them/her/it to come to grips with what true discrimination against gays (and probably transgenders) is like. It could contemplate it after being thrown off of a 3 story or higher roof.

bob

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 06:04:48 PM »
Interestingly, this one has been rejected from Olympic competition.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/24/why-is-transgender-runner-cece-telfer-ineligible-for-the-olympic-trials/

Craig/CeCe Telfer cannot run hurdles in the Olympics.  Testosterone too high.

Mens' hurdles are 36" tall, womens' hurdles are 30" tall and spaced a little closer together.  Telfer was meh at mens' hurdles, but a killer at womens' hurdles.  I guess at 6'2" it's a lot easier to jump 30" than 36".  Telfer claims that his height is a liability in that it creates more wind resistance, and the closer spacing of womens' hurdles isn't designed for his stride length, making everything an even field.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 06:23:17 PM »
Interestingly, this one has been rejected from Olympic competition.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/24/why-is-transgender-runner-cece-telfer-ineligible-for-the-olympic-trials/

Craig/CeCe Telfer cannot run hurdles in the Olympics.  Testosterone too high.

Mens' hurdles are 36" tall, womens' hurdles are 30" tall and spaced a little closer together.  Telfer was meh at mens' hurdles, but a killer at womens' hurdles.  I guess at 6'2" it's a lot easier to jump 30" than 36".

I don't even think he got as high as meh at men's hurdles. He ranked 200th in 2016 and 390th in 2017 among NCAA Division II athletes competing in that event in the men's division those years.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2023, 03:48:52 PM »
Thread necro.

Unlike the invasion of other women's sports, this one has the potential to seriously injure or kill a woman.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/12/30/what-could-possibly-go-wrong-usa-boxings-decision-has-people-n2391250
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."