Author Topic: Possible failed "terrorist" attack in Rochester, New York  (Read 334 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Possible failed "terrorist" attack in Rochester, New York
« on: January 02, 2024, 08:29:10 AM »
I put terrorist in quotes because terrorism usually has a political component and it's not clear if this has one yet.

SUV packed with gas cans rams a car outside a New Year's concert and bursts into flames as the concert was letting out. Appears the SUV was attempting to ram the crowd when it struck the other vehicle.
Driver has been IDed and they're investigating it as domestic terrorism.
Two dead including the driver and 5 injured

Domestic terrorism cops launch probe after two are killed when Ford Expedition packed with explosives cannons into 1,000-strong crowd leaving rock concert in upstate New York and smashes into Uber
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12918663/domestic-terrorism-cops-probe-ford-expedition-explosives-rock-concert-new-york-uber.html

Deadly Rochester crash being investigated as domestic terrorism; driver allegedly left suicide note and journal, source says
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/01/us/kodak-center-new-york-car-crash/index.html
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 10:26:45 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Possible failed "terrorist" attack in Rochester, New York
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 10:25:46 AM »
Is there some drug or maybe internet forum that encourages these people to try to kill as many other people as they can? 

(aside from the FBI/CIA that is)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 10:31:09 AM »
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Potentially disturbing dashboard cam footage of the incident in Rochester. Note the Ford Explorer that’s on fire and the person walking out of it.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1742184207542321458

Yikes
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 10:38:08 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 10:43:27 AM »
Suicide note reportedly found in a hotel
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 12:50:03 PM »
According to this there were two people in the rented Explorer

The two occupants of the Explorer were killed at the scene, and Avery died in the hospital last night, according to Chief Smith.

Dec. 30

Between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., Avery made "at least a half dozen" purchases of gasoline in gas containers from different locations through Monroe and Ontario counties, Chief Smith said.

Police said he appeared to be alone during each purchase.
Jan. 1

Avery "sped up, crossed into the oncoming lane of traffic and appears to have intentionally been driving towards a pedestrian crossing," Smith said.

At the same time, the other driver, who was an Uber driver, pulled out of a parking spot and was blindsided by Avery's Ford

So who was the other person in the Explorer and was he/she in on it?
So if someone was in on the passenger side I suppose it was them in the video link in #2 since that person appeared to get out of the passenger side.

Driver in deadly Rochester car blast near concert venue identified by police as final days revealed
https://www.foxnews.com/us/rochester-fatal-car-explosion-investigated-possible-terror-attack
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 06:11:12 PM »
Suicide note reportedly found in a hotel

The article linked in the post below yours said there was no suicide note.

I'm glad the media are so helpful.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 06:19:13 PM »
My brother in law comes up to Vegas from SoCal on a regular basis to play blackjack. He will come visit us and while here fill up about ten 5 gallon gas cans to take back with him. I guess I had better tell him to be careful about getting in a wreck or else the FBI will be looking into his business. ;)

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 06:49:24 PM »
The article linked in the post below yours said there was no suicide note.

I'm glad the media are so helpful.

I love getting conflicting info from the media
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 09:31:58 PM »
I love getting conflicting info from the media
You're in luck then, it's all conflicting regularly.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 09:56:59 PM »
Ban cars
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2024, 02:57:15 AM »
They sure seemed to get a lot of data together in a short time... How did they know he was  in a hotel, and even what room?  Did he blab it all on a social medium beforehand and nobody picked up on it in time?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2024, 09:51:57 AM »
Ban cars

Behind the times, are you?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2024, 09:55:27 AM »
Ban cars

Behind the times, are you?

They're pushing cars that start burning on their own and are just about impossible to put out.
- Calvin and Hobbes